• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Replaying yellow Tauros blues

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
So just got back to replay yellow on vc on 3ds and dont remember it being this anoying to catch tauros in safari zone found tons of them but they always escape from first shake and then run away its really anoying try to get one for my team anyone else gone through such pain in gen 1?

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
I always had trouble catching the rare safari zone pokemon, In fact, I can count the amount of rare safari pokemon i've caught throughout my life on one hand. Those pokemon are such a pain to catch!

Years
I had a quite a lot of trouble catching just about anything. The weak power of the Safari Balls and the fact that catching them relies more on luck can make it especially hard. I had the hardest time catching Chanseys and Taurus there.

Sometimes I got really impatient, so I just used the Missingno glitch to catch them normally by Cinnabar Island haha.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Ironically I've had better luck catching Tauros than other Safari Zone Pokemon. Kangaskahn is arguably #1 with Chansey a close 2nd. After that I'd put Tangela(hard to find much less catch) and then Scyther, Pinsir and Tauros in no particular order(they were all about equal in terms of difficulty). Dratini ironically wasn't so difficult because your only limitation was Safari Balls(since it takes no time to fish).

Granted if you opt to do Ditto Glitch, you can catch ANY of the Safari Zone Pokemon, although Kangaskhan is the hardest one due to a hex value of 2(or 258). Hence why I rate Kangaskhan as the hardest Safari Zone Pokemon to catch.

Years
I think everyone has had this problem at some point, it's a real pain. Although as CodeHelmet has said, I personally tend to have more trouble with Kangaskhan.

I got lucky the other day, caught the first Tauros I ran into. At least it's worth it when you get him for that STAB Hyper Beam.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Chansey, Tauros, and Kangaskhan have been such a pain to catch every time I try the RBY Safari Zone. I only catch them if I'm trying to complete the Pokédex, and the last time I tried it took me two hours just to find Chansey. >_<

Years
Chansey, Tauros, and Kangaskhan were all pretty hard to get, but I also remember having trouble catching a Dratini. It was a bit rare to find while fishing, and I remember it running away quickly when I tried throwing bait/rocks. X_X

Not too hard, but it certainly annoyed me. It felt great when I finally caught it, and trained it to be a pretty solid member of my team.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
I manged find tons chansey while looking for tauros, but had no issue catching multiple chansey and yesterday i finaly caught my tauros after some hard days work so i can finaly add it to my team im doing a vs run with my friend and we bvattle each ther after 2nd gym after 4th after 6th and so on it has been quite fun journey but its almost over and this tauros surley help me win more

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
Years
Ugh, takin' me back to 10-yo, roaming the good ol' Zone for the first (couple of) times, unwittingly running into Taurus repeatedly, with, yeah, the obvious ailment of First-Time Flee-er Syndrome. Whatever I remember of actually catching him, (w/out the use of Savestate) it would always be victorious and glorious, among my fondest memories, next to Scyther, Pinsir and Kangaskhan. (Chansey would be too huge a deal, REALLY low capture rate, comparatively.)

In any rate, w/out patience, Safari roaming would have its limits.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
I hate the first turn runners in the Safari Zone. My friend actually dedicated his time to catch 30 Tauros in Yellow so he could be like Ash. He managed it in two days.

Back