• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RU Team (need help completing)

Years
This is an RU team I've been working on and I would like help in constructing the remaining team members and altering the current ones for the better. I originally made this team in hopes of using Crawdaunt, whom I've had the urge to use as of late. Without further ado:

Uxie @ Light Clay/Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
Reflect
Light Screen
Stealth Rock
Momento

The strategy with Uxie is to max out speed in order to quickly set up a screen for the opposing Pokémon, then set up Stealth Rock or another screen, then do the other. Momento for further aiding in the quest for a sweeper to set up; lowering attack and special attack one stage along with both screens up will allow for a +2 Dragon Dance on Crawdaunt.

Crawdaunt @ Leftovers
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Substitute
Waterfall
Crunch
Dragon Dance

Crawdaunt is meant to do two things: set up and sweep; Substitute cave used on the switch and can be used regardless due to dual screens being up. The screens should be enough to get Crawdaunt to at least +2, which will be all that is necessary to sweep. Max attack and speed EVs assist in his sweep. Crunch and Waterfall are used for reliable and powerful STAB, further boosted by Adaptability.

Galvantula @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Thunder
Giga Drain
Bug Buzz
HP {Ground}

Galvantula will be maximizing speed to make sure it always go first in order to make up for the awful defences it awful possesses. Life Orb and max EVs in SpA will allow it to hit hard, with Thunder and Compound Eyes aiding in that quest. Giga Drain for coverage, and the extra HP gained lost from Life Orb and entry hazards will be useful. HP {Ground} for Steel-types and Nidoqueen, with Bug Buzz for STAB and coverage.

Aerodactyl @ Choice Band/Life Orb
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
Ability: Rock Head
Double Edge
Earthquake
Rock Slide/Stone Edge
Aqua Tail/Roost

This Aerodactyl is meant to outspeed everything and hit hard thanks to Choice Band; the moves give good coverage and if I decide to go with Life Orb for the preferred freedom of moves, Roost will be able to recover any lost health if the opportunity arises. Rock Slide for the accuracy boost, but Stone Edge will be used for the needed power to push through opponents.

Kabutops @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP/72 Def/184 Spe
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Waterfall
-Toxic

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Instead of having Psychic as an alternative option over U-turn, Memento is the better secondary option because Uxie isn't meant to attack; it's meant to support the team. Memento also gives any of your sweepers an easier time to do whatever they have to do alongside the Dual Screens Uxie set up.

HP Ground is the better option over HP Fire because it hits Nidoqueen hard in addition to Steels, as Nidoqueen is a prominent threat in RU.

Stone Edge is the better option over Rock Slide. The accuracy is annoying sure, but Aerodactyl needs the extra power. Also, LO Aerodactyl can also go for this, as EdgeQuake has good coverage on its own:
-Stealth Rock/Roost
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Taunt
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Pressure

Also, some of your Pokemon are Stealth Rock-weak, so a Rapid Spinner like Kabutops or Hitmonchan are good additions:

Kabutops:
-Rapid Spin
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Swords Dance/Foresight
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
Item: Life Orb

or
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Waterfall
-Toxic
Item: Leftovers

Hitmonchan:
-Rapid Spin
-Foresight
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spe
Ability: Iron Fist

Last edited:
Years
I love the idea of Momento on Uxie, and will use HP {Ground} over {Fire} on Galvantula.

As for a rapid spinner; I rather like the set you provided of:
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Waterfall
-Toxic

But with Stealth Rock already on the field (although the extra security in case of an opposing Rapid Spin is quite useful) couldn't Protect be used as a form of recovery with Leftovers and aid in the Toxic damage?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I love the idea of Momento on Uxie, and will use HP {Ground} over {Fire} on Galvantula.

As for a rapid spinner; I rather like the set you provided of:
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Waterfall
-Toxic

But with Stealth Rock already on the field (although the extra security in case of an opposing Rapid Spin is quite useful) couldn't Protect be used as a form of recovery with Leftovers and aid in the Toxic damage?
This seems tempting, but it seems like you're going to forgo Waterfall completely; doing so will render Kabutops susceptible to Taunt, meaning that if it gets Taunted, it'll be forced to attack with Rapid Spin, which is a rather weak move by itself. The reason why Waterfall is on Kabutops is so it won't be Taunt bait.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
If Uxie sacrifices itself with Memento and Stealth Rock is spun away, how will you get Stealth Rock back up? That's why Stealth Rock is important on Kabutops, so it can serve as a backup user.

Years
Good point. So now who would be the best Pokémon in the remaining slot? I have a lead, setup sweeper, rapid spinner, special and physical sweeper... I could probably make good use of a team cleric; someone with Heal Bell and Wish would be perfect.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Lilligant?
-Quiver Dance
-Giga Drain
-Sleep Powder/Aromatherapy
-Hidden Power (Fire/Rock)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP/188 Def/68 Spe

Years
What about using both Sleep Powder and Aromatherapy? She would lose out on vital sweeping coverage, but with the opponent asleep, I feel as if enough Quiver Dances can be used to power through Pokémon that resist it, while putting an opponent to sleep and curing the team of status ailments would be useful enough to sacrifice coverage.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
What about using both Sleep Powder and Aromatherapy? She would lose out on vital sweeping coverage, but with the opponent asleep, I feel as if enough Quiver Dances can be used to power through Pokémon that resist it, while putting an opponent to sleep and curing the team of status ailments would be useful enough to sacrifice coverage.
Using both Sleep Powder and Aromatherapy does seem like a good idea, but it's not. Lilligant's movepool is very shallow, so it needs the coverage it can get. Also, don't forget about Bouffalant and Sawsbuck, who can turn Lilligant's Giga Drains into Attack boosts, thanks to Sap Sipper.

Years
Hm... I like Lilligant, but what about Meganium? Meganium has better defences all across the board and access to Aromatherapy.

Meganium @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP/ 56 Def/200 SpD
-Leech Seed
-Aromatherapy
-Giga Drain
-Hidden Power {Rock}

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hm... I like Lilligant, but what about Meganium? Meganium has better defences all across the board and access to Aromatherapy.

Meganium @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP/ 56 Def/200 SpD
-Leech Seed
-Aromatherapy
-Giga Drain
-Hidden Power {Rock}

Hm. Meganium seems interesting; never really thought about it. This set should be better:
-Giga Drain
-Synthesis
-Dragon Tail/Toxic
-Aromatherapy
Nature: Relaxed/Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk

Years
Wouldn't maxing out special defence be a better idea as Kabutops is invested in defense and there's no one on the team who can take special hits nicely. I feel as if the current set you provided with 252 SpD and Calm might be better.

Back