• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Braces

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I've never worn braces but I need them to correct my TMJ because I have a crossbite. When I close my mouth my jaw locks in place so that's given me TMJ over the years, cause my parents didn't want to put me in braces in the typical middle school years like everyone else haha :\

And I have some slight crowding in my lower front teeth, it would be nice to get that fixed!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I've never had to wear braces, thankfully, but my brother has! However, when getting my wisdom teeth out, my teeth shifted slightly and it really bothers me. It's not noticeable to anyone else, and they are still fairly straight but I can feel it with my tongue (the change) and it is bothersome because I want them to be absolutely perfect!

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I used to wear braces and I hated them. I hated the way they felt on my teeth and they hurt, I dont really want braces again, though I hear Invisalign is not better and really hurts also.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I had to wear braces for like 2 and a half years, and hated it soooo much. I was pretty much the first in my class, which sucked, because it made you kinda weird apparently. But now my teeth look very good, and i was the first of my class to get them off, while others had them for another year or 2 :D

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
Multiple questions in one thread? Good...

I wear braces throughout my high school life, the 1st few weeks I had to endure the pain that comes when the devices started to loosen your tooth. I had to eat gruel in those times. The next few months went swimmingly, and the only thing I have to endure is every time the dentist adjust the braces every few months.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I wore braces when I was 13-14. They are the most uncomfortable things I have ever worn, and it used to cut into the sides of my mouth a lot. Somehow, it's developed into a habit of chewing on the insides of my mouth, and those braces were to blame.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I had to live with with quite bad crooked teeth for 5 years before I was finally given braces. It was horrible wearing them, but it was horrible with such bad teeth also. It was very satisfying to have them removed with the result of straight teeth.

I would recommend them to anyone; yes it's a year of discomfort, but the lifetime of better teeth is well worth it.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I don't have to wear braces fortunately, but I have some odd looking teeth. Though they're straight enough that I don't need them.

Years
I had braces from January 2008 through August 2009. I was fine with braces for the most part, however it hurts whenever the wire gets stronger. Also, I hated it whenever brackets came off of my mouth and I had to go back to my orthodontist to get them re-glued. Finally, when I got my braces off, it felt so weird on my mouth.. when they removed the brackets, I couldn't believe at how simple and quick it was. They removed the molded metal from my rear teeth and then popped off the brackets, but left the wires on. But in the end, I was happy to be free to eat what I used to xD

To this day though I still wear retainers and have the occasional checkup from my orthodontist. I just hope that one of these days I don't have to wear my retainers anymore :\

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I used to wear braces. I don't remember when as it was quite a long time back. Before putting them on, I had to remove my two top premolars as they were pushing my two top canines outwards and made them resemble 'vampire teeth' haha xD Gosh..that was my most traumatizing dentist appointment ever. ><

At first, the braces were irritating and painful and I couldn't eat anything except porridge. I actually had to take painkillers - that's how painful it was. I soon got used to it though. They only hurt again when I got them tightened. Oh, and those rubber bands and springs! I loathed them SO MUCH. I can't begin to tell you how much they hurt. Ugh.

After I got my braces off, my mouth felt so Free! It did feel weird not having something over my teeth and pressing against my gums anymore, but I felt FREE! I then got retainers and had to wear them every night. I kinda got lazy in wearing them a few times, so my bottom teeth moved a little and they're not as straight as before, but at least I have a beautiful smile now! Shield you eyes people; my smile is too dazzling to behold! xD Hahaha. Well, one has to suffer for beauty, ay? ;D

Last edited:

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I don't wear braces. I don't know if I want to but I don't think I need em. If my teeth become crooked or something like that I'll probably get braces. But yeah, I'm not wearing braces. c;

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
Years
yep, i used to wear braces. the one thing i hated about the whole experience was how it was difficult to brush my teeth and/or remove the scraps of food that get tangled in-between the wires. otherwise, the whole experience wasn't at all that frustrating. sometimes, it would be painful, especially whenever i'd have them readjusted/re-tightened.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I don't wear them, although the dentists recommended me to wear them, I still don't. I find them disgusting for some reason.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I wore braces for about 3-4 years from the start of secondary school. They were annoying and I definitely didn't think I looked particularly 'better', but my teeth certain improved because of it, so I'm very happy that I did so. They've been off for about 7 years now and, though I had to wear a retainer for part of that time, they're pretty much completely straight now, which is great! It says a lot about my memory that I can't really remember the sensation of having braces on, but I can't imagine it'll have been too comfortable. Ah well, at least it's over! :D

Back