• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
How many RPs are you currently roleplaying in? Which ones are they? And, what is your number limit for how many RPs you'll join?

I'm currently in two RPs: SV's Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning and Starsprite's Pokemon- synchronicity. I don't really have a limit and join whatever RPs catch my interest at the time. I think the most RPs I've ever been in at once is 8...

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
How many RPs are you currently roleplaying in? Which ones are they? And, what is your number limit for how many RPs you'll join?

Well, I'm currently in 5 RPs. First would be the long running Atlantis Arising by Ichiro and Skymin, then Pokemon-Synchronicity by Starsprite, Digimon Genesis by TurtleKing, World of Fairy Tail ->++ Celestial Spire by parallelzero, and finally Bleach: The Advanced Force Arc by Zero Darkness and myself. I'm also looking to join Pandora by Skymin and Community Service by KiyoshithePolarBear.

Typically, I don't really have a limit to number of RPs unless I have little to no time and even then, not really, haha. As you all can see, I have quite a bit on my plate, :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

It was 5-6 roleplays, but I've shrunk it to just two now due to personal issues both PC and irl. :x I'm in PTA and SS Anne now. The other three (Shattered Era, Elite Army, and Pangaea) are a bit slow right now so I'm still thinking whether I might just stick around or not. I enjoy PTA very much, and I love bringing in new members to that roleplay. SS Anne is always an intriguing roleplay. Kudos to my lovely pair for his hard work. <3

I'm tempted to just go ahead and join another, but no. I just can't. Two is fine, and I won't leave them anytime soon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I'm in 2 RPs right now. One where I'm only a player (Kanto's rebirth) and one where I'm only the GM (Checkmate). And then there's one I consider rejoining, and there's one I consider joining. Can't decide.

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
I'm in 3: Pokemon Trainer Academy, Sacred Fire; Divine Water, and Danger on the S.S. Anne. Honestly, I have no intention of joining another rp, even if I have the time. I may suddenly lose time and that'll leave problems. >.<

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years

Currently I am accepted into two. I am writing and rewriting an SU for a third and considering attempting to join a fourth. The two I am involved in are PTA and Sacred Fire/Divine Water. The one I am attempting to join is Atlantis Arising. The fourth one I am considering is Skymin's newest RP Pandora.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Just a note guys, Danger on the S.S. Anne has a few spaces open! It is at a point where you can jump straight in once accepted.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I think there might be some spaces open for SacredFire/DivineWater, considering I never got a response from two people. They'll be off of the list, leaving room for more.

As for the question:

I limit myself to three (four if something has me interested enough) at any given time. Currently, I am in:

SacredFire/DivineWater (GM) (RP)
Pokemon Fallout (RP)
Earth & Sky (RP)

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
I'm sticking to one RP for now, since I've been having a busy summer and RPing isn't one of my largest hobbies right now. A long, long time ago I had signed up for Sacred Fire/Divine Water, as it looked very promising. I almost forgot about it, but 徳清アキオ sent me a message and I wanted to keep my promise to participate in the RP. I'm really glad I did, it's already very fun and I've only posted once aha.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I'm kind of getting bored, so I'd like to bring up a new topic:

What do you do first before you make your post? Do you think before you type, or just go with the flow with ideas popping up one at a time?

I hope I made that clear.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Lessee... I'll answer both topics at once!

I'm in PTA... have been since the humble days, Pokemon Pangaea if it's still running, Pokemon Kanto's Rebirth if it's still running, Digimon Genesis, Digimon Adventure: World's Bane, Pokemon Synchronicity... and I think that's it. If those two are dead four, if not six... My limit tends to be 7-8, lower if I happen to be GMing one... which I doubt I'll do for a while yet.

What do you do first before you make your post? Do you think before you type, or just go with the flow with ideas popping up one at a time?

Hmm... mixture of both really. Whatever ideas pop in my head I try to type them in, but I usually have some sort of plan depending on the RP I'm in.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Usually I plan my posts before I type, and I write them in an app I have called Writer. Its on android, and it is basically just a keyboard and a screen. No spellcheck or anything (And I'm pretty bad at spelling). For quick posts (i.e. PTA interactions) I just use browser and PokeCommunity's "Go advanced" feature. So yeah, most of the time I think a lot before I post, except when I'm doing quick interactions. (which kill me on the inside)

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016

I read whatever the GM posted to help guide us then I just kind of go with the flow. Though, if I don't like where the flow is going I restart it. Sometimes I do think first for RP that are going to require a lengthy post.

I'm in three hoping to get accepted into a fourth. Digimon Adventure: World's Bane, Checkmate, and Fairytale. I don't know what my limit is, for now since I'm not in school it's how ever many I feel like handling. Once school starts I think I might limit myself down to 2 or 3 if I can.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Hmm... I may be rather late to this question, because I have only just noticed.

When did the Roleplay Library disappear?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Well, Hello er'body, I'm back after forever of being away!! Now, down to business.

I plan on creating a new RP. Not too sure on what It'll be, but I kinda haves ideas, but they already have something here somewhat similar. Still working on ideas, but I'll throw another question into the pile.

Do you have a urge or hankering to play in a certain type (setting, plot type, etc.) or a certain style (Journey, conflict) of RP? If so, what type/style?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Give me a roleplay with an intricate and complicated and revelation-rich plot where my character can run wild with their quirks and where I can post more often than once a week. Derp.

And don't say Shattered Era, because I already know that it fits on all accounts <3 but I don't want to play as a pokémon.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Actually... I'm getting to work on a rp like that right now RHCP! I'm trying to make a different type of rp and could use a co-GM to help me on this idea. Don't want to spoil anything.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Greiger you've caught my interest! :P

To be honest, I'd kind of like an RP where we have experienced trainers, you know already tried and failed a Championship (or even won a Championship) and we have to maybe not save the world but do something still relatively awesome.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Actually... I'm getting to work on a rp like that right now RHCP! I'm trying to make a different type of rp and could use a co-GM to help me on this idea. Don't want to spoil anything.

Oooh! I might be a bit too busy to Co-GM but if you need an extra head to construct ideas/proof read then PM me any time! I love roleplay-planning XD.

Greiger you've caught my interest! :P

To be honest, I'd kind of like an RP where we have experienced trainers, you know already tried and failed a Championship (or even won a Championship) and we have to maybe not save the world but do something still relatively awesome.

Danger on the S.S. Anne has a lot of experienced trainers :3 plus the story does not involve saving the world ;D.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
;D I've been debating that one Swift, I just haven't been keeping up with it to know if I can still sign up. :D I'm not sure where you guys are. Maybe you can VM me some details. :D

That said... since I is slow... welcome back Elite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back