• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Showering

How Long Do You [Typically] Shower For?

• < 9min

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • 10min

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • 15min

Votes: 21 28.0%
  • 20min

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • 25min+

Votes: 16 21.3%

• Total voters

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Just wondering. My dad always harasses me because it takes me 15min to shower - 20min if I need to shave; 30min if it involves legs - and I don't think that that's long at all. In fact, I think he's just thinks it's long because he doesn't shave 1/3 of his own body when he showers, which is why it only takes him 10-15min.

Girl stuff.

Anyway, how long do you guys typically shower for? Or do you prefer baths? What is your shower "routine"? How many times a week do you shower?

Typically, I'll let the water run a bit (which may also be why he thinks it's "long" lol) to get a good temp' before getting in. I make sure my hair is good and wet - it's thick, so it takes about two minutes or so - before I put in shampoo. Then there's soap, rinse hair out, wring it and apply conditioner. I always shave at least the underarms whenever I shower, so I do that while waiting on the conditioner to seep in properly. Of course, if I need to shave elsewhere, this is when I do that, too! Then the conditioner is washed out and I do a final rinse under the showerhead before getting out.

I shower 3-4 times a week (every two days). Assuming a fresh "start" to the showering schedule, the first shower I'll shave under the arms and for every second one following I'll shave under the arms and other areas. Legs are once every 1.5-2 weeks, pending how I feel about it lol

I don't think it's overly complicated or long at all. Methinks the dad just doesn't get it :P

Last edited:

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
Well I showered in 37 seconds once. I don't need to shave though.
Got in, shampoo, conditioner, washed my body, rinsed off, got out. Felt pretty good about myself.
I'm starting to think there's something wrong with me...

Years
I let the water heaten up first, then I walk in, get my hair respectively wet, put the shower gel on my hair, then on whole body, I always remember to wash my ears and face, and of course I brush my teeth while showering to save time. I shave myself every 4-5 days. The whole process of cleaning myself takes always around 10 minutes.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
It takes me about ten minutes to shower, sometimes a bit less, sometimes just a bit more. I like to stand under the water quite a bit. There's nothing better than hot water pouring down on you sometimes.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
On average, I take a 20 minute shower. If I have to shave, then I'll take about 30+ minutes. I have so much stuff to do when in the shower. Shampoo, conditioner, use those 5 bottles of product, yeahhh. I also like relaxing and having the warm water hit my back.

I haven't had a bubble bath since I was a little kid. Baths take too long to set up, and the bath tub isn't always clean enough for my standards. It's alright to stand in and take a shower, but not sit in. I prefer showers 100% of the time. The water takes a few minutes to warm, but it's so worth it. I detest taking cold showers.

Years
On average, I usually take about 10 mins to shower. I lather myself down with body wash which only takes a few mins, shampoo my hair twice, and put on deodorant.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I can not really take showers as I have a problem standing in them, but If a place only as a shower not a bath I take a 4 mintue one. and another 3 mins for women stuff.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I take 15 minute showers. Every few weeks I will wax, so I don't need to worry about shaving.
I have so much stuff to do when in the shower. Shampoo, conditioner, use those 5 bottles of product, yeahhh. I also like relaxing and having the warm water hit my back.
That is me tooooo

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
30+ , I finish washing sooner but I like to sit in the tub, relax and think about life I suppose.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
I take a shower every single day but only wash my hair every 2-3 days. I have a high and tight fade hair cut so half of my head is pretty much bald anyways.

Usually I take like 20 minutes.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
My showers usually last about 10 minutes or so. If I have to shave (which I usually do once a week), I do it after my shower so that way my pores are more open and it's easier to shave. So yeah, I don't necessarily shave in the shower, but I'll usually end up taking about 30 minutes or so occupying the bathroom.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I'm pretty quick when it comes to showering. Probably about ten minutes I'd say. I never actually timed myself before though lol. I prefer showers over baths because to me that is basically sitting in a tub of your own filth.

Idk xD But yeah. About ten minutes.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I take anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour, I loooooove showers, perfect time for thinking about things! The water feels so nice and it's just a great quiet time haha.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Do you guys have someone who nags you the whole time? Knocking on the door, telling you to get out, saying you take too long (if that's the case)?

I can't shower in peace. Right now we have to bathe, too (plumbers are installing the shower today - yay!) and baths take me easily twice as long as showers. Have any women ever tried to shave everywhere in the bath? You just can't reach certain parts 'cause the bath is too small and squishes your body together! And straightening out only submerges the parts that need to be shaved, so that doesn't work either.

And then there's, "HURRY UP. I GOTTA GET IN THERE." We don't even have a toilet installed yet, so no idea what the rush was this time 'round! I've taken two baths since last Friday (hateee them so bad) and they've both taken a good 40-50min.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Do you guys have someone who nags you the whole time? Knocking on the door, telling you to get out, saying you take too long (if that's the case)?
This used to be the case when I wasn't really living with my mom, but now it's no big deal.

I take about 15-20 minutes on average, and generally 30 if I have an impulse to shave, which I wind up opting for a bath instead in those cases.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
It all really depends ha :p Typically 15 minutes though.

My typical showers are just washing my body, I don't wash my hair or shave every day. If I'm doing a 'full out' day where I wash and condition my hair, shave my legs and all that, then it can take up to a half hour or longer.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Bath. 10–20 minutes excluding the time it takes to fill.
Shaving needlessly under no pretence beyond being female is a sad thing, I've always thought.
EDIT: To clarify, I mean doing it just because it's norm in our cultures is what I'm not fond of. If you've got real reasons or honestly like the result, go ahead.

Last edited:
Back