• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sparkling Gems: The Hoenn Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years

Sparkling Gems: The Hoenn Fan Club

Introduction

Welcome, one and all, to Sparkling Gems, Pokecommunity's fan club for all things Hoenn. Here we discuss absolutely everything in the topic of the amazing region, from May to Jirachi and everything in between. We also host writing contests, drawing contests, battling contests, and more. Trust me, you will enjoy being a member of this club if you like Hoenn.​

Points, Ranks, and Divisions

Like many groups used to, (though very few groups do it now) we have both a points system and a ranking system.​

Points have many uses. They can be used to purchase things, such as partner Pokémon, special username colors on the members list (for this group) and more. What can you do with them? Check the Marketplace below this section to find out. But here, I will list how to earn points.​

Posting in this thread: 1 Point
If your post meets the following standards, you will get extra points.
Helping out a fellow member: +2 points
Descriptively and relevantly replying to the topic on hand: +4 points
Creating a userbar for this group: 5 points
I have to approve the userbar for you to receive the points.
Creating a banner for this group: 7 points
I have to approve the banner for you to receive the points.
Participating in an event/contest: 2 points
You will receive extra points if you do well in the contest.
Winning: +10-30 points depending on the contest
Runner-up: +6-26 points depending on the contest
Honorable mention (only applies to some contests): 5 points

There are other ways to earn points, but I'm keeping them secret for now to make things more fun.

Ranks
Ranks show how active and devoted you are to this group. Sometimes, ranking up will give you special privileges, such as discounts in the Marketplace. Want to rank up? Here's how (ranks go up the list, the higher on the list, the higher the rank):​

Deoxys Division Ranks:
Shall not be revealed until someone reaches the final rank in the Rayquaza Division.

Rayquaza Division Ranks:
Shall not be revealed until someone reaches the final rank in the Kyogre Division.

Kyogre Division Ranks:
Shall not be revealed until someone reaches Gym Trainee, the final rank in the Groudon Division.

Groudon Division Ranks:

Gym Trainee - 70 points, 1 contest victory

Hoenn Traveler - 50 points, 1 contest medal

Professor's Assistant - 35 points

Professor's Apprentice - 20 points, 1 contest participation

Beginning Trainer - 10 Points

Littleroot Citizen - Start

Notes: To rank up, you must state you are ready to if the next rank requires points. This is true because by ranking up, the required amount of points will be deducted from your total.

Divisions

Divisions basically separate ranks into categories. There are five divisions in total. From lowest to highest, they are the Groudon Division, the Kyogre Division, the Rayquaza Division, the Deoxys Division, and finally the Jirachi Division, Some contests can only be entered by members in certain Divisions. Here is a detailed explanation on each division,​

The Groudon Division
This division consists of the newer members, who are in the first six ranks. It is easiest to rank up in this division, however the transition between this and the Kyogre Division can be pretty tricky if you don't do well in contests. *hint hint*

The Kyogre Division
This division consists of the members who have been in the club for a good amount of time, and show good devotion, as well as being active. It can sometimes be hard to rank up in this division, especially the transition between this and the Rayquaza Division.

The Rayquaza Division
The division consists of some of our best members, who are extremely devoted and active. Ranking up here can be tough, and ways to do so can start to become more... unique compared to the other divisions. It will be very tricky to move up to the Deoxys Division, trust me.

The Deoxys Division
Only the best of the best members can get here. This division consists of the best of the best, the absolutely amazing. Ranking is... very, very different compared to the other ranks. Only one person can be at the final rank at once, but how do you decide who? It will only be revealed once the time calls for using the system.

The Jirachi Division
This division only consists of club staff, meaning my and only a few select others.

I understand it will take an extremely long time to reach the last rank... and it could be over a year. So you have to really enjoy this club, stay active, and stay in to get there. IF anyone reaches that rank... I guess we have to wait and see.​

Marketplace

Want to spend your points? Do it here! Here's the available items, they may change once in a while.​

Evolve any of your partner Pokémon - 10 points + the level they evolve at. If they evolve through other means, then +15 points instead.
--------
Catch a new partner Pokémon - 10 points if it's a non-legendary, 15 if it's a pseudo-legendary, and 20 if it's a legendary. It must be in it's first stage and introduced in Generation III.
--------
Change your username color on the member's list - 20 points. The available colors are red and green. Available colors change monthly. Otherwise, your username color would be that of your division.

Members

Let's get away from points and ranks, shall we?​

Jirachi Division
Owner
Black Ninetales -
371.gif

Co-Owner

N/A

Deoxys Division
???

Rayquaza Division
???

Kyogre Division
???

Groudon Division
Gym Trainee

N/A

Hoenn Traveler

N/A

Professor's Assistant

N/A

Professor's Apprentice

N/A

Beginning Trainer

N/A

Littleroot Citizen
Saturnus -
335.png

Doc -
258.png

CloysterOyster -
363.png

Sheep -
300.png

Chris -
315.png

xVaporeon -
280.png

Alex -
290.png

Nymphadora -
252.png

X -
333.png

Brendan -
252.png

Joey -
255.png

Atmageth -
252.png

Welcome to our newest member: Atmageth

Contests & Events

We have plans, but they shall not be revealed until Friday.​

The Medals System

By doing well in a contest, you earn a medal. Normally, medals are awarded to the Top 3. First place also gets a Contest Victory which is used to rank up, and so are the medals. Medals are not deducted when used for ranking.​

Current Topics

Of all places in the Hoenn region, which is your most favorite?
Out of all the Hoenn starters, which is your favorite?
Do you prefer Beautifly or Dustox? Why?

Rules

• All PC rules and Pokémon Clubs rules apply.​
  • Respect all your fellow members, please!​
  • Don't post just for points. I only award points for relevant posts.​
  • Limit swear words, it'll help the younger members of the club.​
  • You aren't forced to participate in any contests, however don't rant if you do poorly.​

Signup Sheet

This is the signup sheet you must use when joining the club.​

Username: (Your Pokecommunity username.)
Nickname: (Do you want to be called by another name in the club? Leave blank if not.)
Partner Pokémon: (Pick one Basic, non-legendary Pokémon introduced in Generation III.)
Why do you want to join?: (Why do you want to join this club?)
Answer a topic: Answer one of our current topics.​

Userbars & Banners

hoenn1_zps366c1ad4.png

made by xVaporeon
hoenn2_zps092890bc.png

made by xVaporeon
fbyhbn.jpg

made by Doc (♣Spades♣)

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Username: Saturnus
Nickname:
Partner Pokémon: Zangoose
jumping_zangoose___icon_by_adkage-d42q179.gif

Why do you want to join?: Hoenn, it's actually my favorite region ever. When I first played
Pokemon Emerald, It shows how better the Pokemon's design and the story itself is great!
And only the Hoenn region gave me many different Pokemon to be my Favorite. But in all the
Pokemon I chose, It's Zangoose, Seviper's rival, pretty tough. Hoenn, yes, my favorite. ^^
Answer a topic: My favorite Starter would be treecko. Actually, I love Grovyle better.
Okay, Beautifly of course. I just don't like Dustox' looks and attacks. They don't give
something that makes me think this Pokemon is tough or pretty. But Beautifly has a
pretty name and it's attack reflects to it's name. Make it more beautiful.

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
Username: GreyVirgo
Nickname: Doc
Partner Pokémon: Mudkip
Why do you want to join?: I really luuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeee Gen 3 as it was the first generation I played and it was really amazing, Especially Pokemon Emerald.
Answer a topic: My favorite starter is Mudkip or Treecko, It's really hard to choose from both....

I also prefer Dustox as it is really useful in contests, Beautifly too, Both are really awesome pokemon in contests so I use Dustox in beauty and Beautifly in cute. :D

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: CloysterOyster
Partner: Walrein
Why I am joining: Who doesn't like generation III? I am fond of the various Pokemon this generation has, a good mixture of legendary, pseudo-legendary and others.
Answer a current topic: Hard decision, but I prefer Dustox (even though I love Beautifly). Dustox is almost an equivalent to Venomoth, and that is one reason I like Dustox. I love its design too.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years

Members

Welcome Saturnus to the club!

Also welcome Doc to the club!

And finally, welcome CloysterOyster to the club!

CloysterOyster, Walerin is a Stage 1 Pokémon, so I'm setting your partner to Spheal, the pre-evo.

Events

There are no new planned events.

Other

Sadly, I've been grounded for a while, so I can't go on PC for a while. I'll be back soon. Mods, don't lock this thread because of my activity. I'll inform you of my return.

Last edited:
Years
Username: Sheep
Partner Pokémon: Skitty
300.png

Why do you want to join?: Hoenn is my favorite region now and forever. I've been hooked since I got Sapphire when it was just released and spent 300+ hours doing goodness knows what and playing with my friend. Amazing memories!

Treecko! He evolves into the amazing Sceptile.. and its shiny form is soo pretty. I usually pick it as my starter when replaying through R/S/E now, which is quite often. I'm not a big fan of Swampert and Blaziken while Sceptile is absolutely amazing so he will always be my choice.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
This club has my name written all over it...well not now but give me five minutes and a crayon.

Username: Christopher

Nickname:Chris (if you like)

Partner Pokémon: Roselia

Why do you want to join?: Hoenn is my favorite Region and generation. To this day I still play my copy of Sapphire and won't ever stop.

Answer a topic: Answer one of our current topics.
Man, that's a tough one. I love them all....if I had to choose I'd say....Torchic
Beautifly. I just prefer it over Dustox. I used one all the way to the master rank contests in Beauty on my Sapphire.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years

Members

Hello to our newest member, Sheep!

Also joining us is Christopher! Welcome to you both!

Events

I have something planned. It'll be revealed on Friday.

Other

Luckily, I was wrong. I'm not grounded. So never mind the last post.

xVaporeon

used bubblebeam!
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 25, 2022
Username: xVaporeon
Partner Pokémon: Ralts
280.png

Why do you want to join?: Gen III is my favorite generation ever! I love the Pokemon, the storyline, the whole game.. all of it! I think it's also because Hoenn was the first region I fully played through, completing it by myself.. Rayquaza being my first legendary caught, and remains my favourite. Adding on to this, I think Generation 3 had the best legendary Pokemon.

I'm surprised at myself. Usually, it's always the water-type.. but the first Pokemon I used in gen 3 was Treecko. My beloved Tree Ninja (best name ever, I know) and I travelled Hoenn together and became Pokemon masters! No matter how many times I changed my team around, TreeNinja always stayed with me. He helped me a lot to my surprise! I'm glad I picked him and he still remains my favorite Hoenn starter for that purpose :)

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years

Members

Hello to our newest member, xVaporeon!

The following users have obtained more points:
xVaporeon has obtained 10 points for the club userbars she has so kindly made for us.
Doc has obtained 6 points for the userbar he made for us. It just made the cut. The sixth one is for posting. (Every post counts for it except the SU post.)

Events

Like I said, I have something planned. It'll be revealed on Friday.

Other

I got nothing.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Username: Wicked3DS
Nickname: Alex
Partner Pokémon:
290.png

Why do you want to join?: Pokémon Emerald is one of my favorite games and I really enjoy exploring the Hoenn region.
Answer a topic: Dustox > Beautifly. To be honest, I don't really know why, but probably because I prefer Butterfree over Beautifly and Dustox is more unique. I just like it more.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username: Nymphadora.
Partner Pokémon: Treecko.
Why do you want to join?: Of all regions, Hoenn would have to be the best to me. I'm a huge fan of it.

In terms of design, Treecko would have to be my most favorite. It looks simply amazing. My second favorite would have to be Torchic. Competitively though, my favorite is definitely Mudkip. When it finally evolves into Swampert, it could make a great wall for almost any of your teams.

I prefer Beautifly, as it's extremely cute. Dustox, in my opinion, looks just a little creepy... especially because of its eyes. d:

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years

Members

Hello to our newest members, Wicked3DS and Nymphadora!
Please note that Doc is now under the username ♣Spades♣.

Events

Plans will be revealed on the 30th. For real this time.

Other

I got nothing.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
Username: Dragon_Trainer_

Nickname: X (That's my nickname)
Partner Pokémon: Swablu
Why do you want to join?: In my opinion, GenIII Had and still has the best Pokemon ever! All my favorites exist in this Generation! This Generation also saw an improvement in the graphics and sounds from Game Freak's side. All in all, the best Generation ever!
Answer a topic: Answer one of our current topics.

Of course I prefer Mudkip. It is a double type Pokemon having two contrasting types of water and ground. It is weak to water and yet unaffected by it. It is also weak to water yet, hardly affected by it. I mean, could there be something more awesome?!

I give equal importance to all Pokemon but I prefer Beautifly. It is easy to enroll in contests for beauty segment. It's silver wind is my favorite. I love it's wing patterns as well.

Zhuq

Pokemon Trainer Zarraf
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
Username: Zhuq
Nickname: Brendan
Partner Pokémon: Treecko
Why do you want to join?: Beacuse it's my favorite region and Pokemon Emerald showed me how cool Pokemon is. It had a great story with a lot of side-quests to do.
Answer a topic: Out of all the Hoenn starters, which is your favorite?
Ans. That would be Treecko because he's like a tree ninja with amazing speed and strength. It also has a wide moveset, easily defeating other pokemon in combat.
Beautifly of course. Because Beautifly has an unique beauty contest advantage and also a unique wing pattern.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If you don't mind, guys, I'd like to throw in a new topic. n__n Of all places in the Hoenn region, which is your most favorite? For me, it'd have to be Fortree. It's nice, calm, and the residents are quite friendly as well. Also, all houses that are in this city are on top of trees, which, in my opinion, is pretty darn cool! My second favorite location would probably have to be Slateport City.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Username: Venitardus
Nickname: Joey
Partner Pokémon: Torchic
Why do you want to join?: the hoenn region is my most favorite region. It has a lot of pokemon I fell in love with. It's the most rememberal generation for me.
Answer a topic: do you prefer beautifly or dustox?
Design-wise I would say beautifly, but other then design, I would go with dustox. He was my first pokemon actually (other than my starter) that I raised and I really fell in love with Dustox. I would prefer to raise a dustox then a beautifly.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Of all places in the Hoenn region, which is your most favorite?
Oh that's a tough one I loved every inch of Hoenn, but if I had to choose I'd say Fortree and Pacifidlog, couldn't pick just one, both of these towns are incredibly unique. Fortree just seems at one with nature, I could just imagine bug and flying type pokemon wandering in peoples houses causing mischief. Pacifidlog is a floating town in the middle of the ocean 'nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back