• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shadow League

cartercr

Sour Kangaroo's best friend!
Years
Approved By Wolf

All is bright and cheery within the Unova region. The sun is shining, people are happy, and no body above ground knows about the activities below.

Yes, down below the Unova Region is an underground league set up by Ghetsis. When all had been lost by Ghetsis, he retreated to the earth and built an undergound region. Living in the underground, Ghetsis began training a new group of Pokemon, and as such, he has regained his power within the region.

So how do you come in to this?

You fell into a hole. It hurt. You looked up and saw that you were in an elagent building a good ways underground. You traveled through the area until you found a helpful person who told you all of this :D

So how do you challange the league?

Post your Team and your PO username. You will not be able to change your team (unless you restart your challange.)

Rules

All Standard Rules and Clauses are in effect (if you don't know them please refer to smogon)
All Pokecommunity Battle Stadium Rules are in effect (I would suggest you read them, they stop annoying things from happening)
I expect you to remain active if you join (this is only common courtesy)
Do note that we will be using Smogon's OU tier, not Pokemon Online's OU tier (I'm not sure that there is much difference, but I believe there is some.)

How do you join the league?

Choose a type, Post your team and PO username and I will battle you to test your battling skill. Gym leaders will be required to build their team of Pokemon of ONLY that type. However E4 members will be allowed to have 2 types of Pokemon on their team. I will be playing Ghetsis, and anything goes with him :D.

I should also point out that this will be Standard OU (aka Wifi OU.)

Gym Leaders

E4
Ghetsis - Cartercr

Challangers

PRIZES

All Gym Leaders are encouraged to offer a prize for defeating their gym.

Leaders who defeat 10 trainers will recieve an EV Trained Pokemon of their choice*
(I have a list of possible Pokemon)

Any challanger who makes it through the Gyms will recieve an EV Trained Tyranitar

Any challanger who conquers the league will recieve ANY EV Trained Pokemon of their choice.

Last edited:

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
Years
Sign me up.
Leader. Water type for the win!
PO name: k-van
Team: Jellicent,Politoed,Rotom-W,Ludicolo,Vaporeon,Swampert
Note about my gym: More than 1 of the same item IS allowed.

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I suggest you add rules. [Standard Clauses and such]
Spoiler:

Having those rules [Which are all the standard rules btw. It'll attract more people. No one wants to face super hax Pokemon.

If those rules are gonna be in effect, I'll join.
Leader: Electric
PO name: Dracon Ometeor / Afternoon Delight / Gleek / Santana Lopez
Team: Thundurus / Jolteon / Electivire / Rotom [C] / Zapdos / Eelektross

For a prize, you can pick one Pokemon from my shop [Gray Terminal. Must be from my part]

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Leader: Normal
PO name: Nakuzami
Team: Bouffalant | Togekiss | Porygon-z | Stoutland | Braviary | Slaking
Prize: I'll work on this. It'll probably be a shiny Litwick or something. For now, it can be Feebas ;)
I'm currently breeding with my new JAP Ditto, so I might come up with something soon ;)

Is it possible that a gym leader could make a little mini-rule, like no legendaries, for their gym? I just hate it when people use legendaries -.-'

Last edited:

cartercr

Years
Yes it has drizzle and yes there is a prize. A DW politoed for B/W :D

Do note that Swift Swim and Drizzle on the same team are banned. So if Kingdra has Swift Swim then you can not use that team.

Also I would like for people to note that I said this was Standard OU. This means that standard clauses apply. If you guys need it, I will post them on here, but I believed that that would be unnecessary.

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
Years
Do note that Swift Swim and Drizzle on the same team are banned. So if Kingdra has Swift Swim then you can not use that team.

Also I would like for people to note that I said this was Standard OU. This means that standard clauses apply. If you guys need it, I will post them on here, but I believed that that would be unnecessary.

Ok then. Is keldeo/suicune banned?

Perriechu

Years
Keldeo is banned, since it is an un-released event. Suicune is not banned, since it's in UU.

Autey

The Wise One
Years
With the elite four status, with the two type, Can I say for example have Ghost and Dragon. Yet have say Gengar who is Ghost/Posion, and Hydregin who is Dragon/Dark?

Years
can you post the rules inclueding baned lists its been a while since i played im out of the loop ill participate if you do so

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
Years

If drizzle/ss is banned, then I assume that sand stream/sand veil is banned too right? Pretty much similar effects. One raises speed, the other raises evasion.

Also, I changed my team. No drizzle/ss if that is how we are gonna do it. I don't know why its banned. It is so easily countered with hippowdon/tyranitar/DW ninetails/etc. Just change the weather... Oh well I guess.

Last edited:

Perriechu

Years
If drizzle/ss is banned, then I assume that sand stream/sand veil is banned too right? Pretty much similar effects.

Nope, Sandstream + Any other sand effects are all good to go. Only Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team are banned.

cartercr

Years
I am in complete agreement with you on that, and I believe that it will soon be banned (along with sand rush.) However, just use Ludicolo with Rain dish and run a swords dance sweep.

Also note though that the evasion boost is only 30%, where the Speed boost is a doubled effect.

Keldeo is not banned by smogon. The official list is:
Arceus
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys-A
Deoxys
Dialga
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Lugia
Manaphy
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Zekrom

Last edited:

Venzeron

Canine Pokemon Master
Years
Sign me up cat-in-the-hat. Sign me up.
Leader(or E4): Can I be an eeveelution leader(Leafeon, Flareon, Umbreon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Eevee? If not, phsycic.(Espeon, Mew, Victini, Latios, Zorua)
Prize: Shiny Eevee

cartercr

Years
Sign me up cat-in-the-hat. Sign me up.
Leader(or E4): Can I be an eeveelution leader(Leafeon, Flareon, Umbreon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Eevee? If not, phsycic.(Espeon, Mew, Victini, Latios, Zorua)
Prize: Shiny Eevee

Well Eevolutions are not a type, also I notice that you have 5 pokemon on the psychic team, and even at that only 4 are psychic type (Zorua is a dark type)

Perriechu

Years
Keldeo is not banned by smogon

Keldeo is an un-released event making it banned until it is released, along with Geno and Melo.

Also Latios is currently banned, because it is in the suspect testing thing. >:

Back