• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Fifth Gen Pokemon

Scandalice

now known as Sukyandaru
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2015
My favourite Pokemon from Gen 5 would probably be Cinccino, Lilligant and the Solosis line because they are cute .3.

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
Years
Hydreigon, Hydreigon, Hydreigon, Hydreigon, Hydreigon, Hydreigon, Hydrei....

Oh sorry, I just really love Hydreigon. Very nice attack stat and a great movepool. Such a great Pokemon

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I love too many GenV pokémon. It's probably my all-time favorite batch of pokémon. ^_^

There's Krookodile with its amazing typing and awesome sweeping abilities, Emboar with its amazing design and super strength, Garbodor and Swoobat are absolutely adorable too..though a bit lacking in stats, Chadelure is a pretty sweet special attacker, Galvantula is also a great special attacker and went on to become an invaluable setup 'mon in GenVI, Jellicent (both varieties) are also quite adorable but also quite capable special walls, Amoonguss is a surprising good staller for something that doesn't learn Leech Seed, and Archeops Eelektross and Accelgor are just plain badass-looking.

Spry

Bird is the word
Years
Probably Galvantula. Usually i HATE spiders, but goddamn Galvantula is just so awesome i can't help but love him :3

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
Years
whilst some pokémob of Gen V were disliked, i've gotta say it produced some of my favourites...
hmm... i'd say Chandelure, Hydreigon , Scolipede and Eelektross were some of the best for me...
Reuniclus was also... interesting?

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
My favorite Pokemon from Gen 5 has to be Mienshao. When the games first came out and I saw this Pokemon, it instantly locked it's slot as my favorite Pokemon of Gen 5. It's a cute purple weasel Pokemon and I had always wanted a fighting type weasel Pokemon before Gen 5 began.

HipsterHypno

Hippest Hypno in the land
Years
Serperior - In my very humble opinion, this is the best designed starter of them all. A big reason for my love of Serperior is the buff it received in Drayano's hacks of B/W/B2/W2. The additional Dragon typing helped it benefit so much, and I understand GameFreak's decision not to give it Dragon typing originally as it would be overpowered, but I think it suits this Pokémon down to a tee, and it's design and it's competitive role also play a part in my love of this Pokémon.

Archeops - This is a Pokémon that has recently found a spot in my heart. It's SO poweful, competitively it takes souls as long as you have Wish support and there are no rocks on the field. It's design is really nice too and in 6th gen terms I'd love if it got a Mega Evo with only a slight boost in stats, if any, but an ability change to something like where it's attack is boosted by 1.5x once it's health is below half. I think that'd be pretty cool.

Zoroark - Zoroark is just such a cool Pokémon overall. It's design is immense, it's ability is original and cool and it's just incredibly powerful. I always get caught out while facing Zoroark as it's just so tricky making predictions for/against it being the Pokémon out against you. It's just so mischievous and fun.

Haxorus - I'm not a HUGE fan of Dragons as a whole, prior to 6th gen I thought they were overpowered. Haxorus always just seemed super cool to me, and as I kind of fell out of love with Pokémon early 5th Gen I thought it was a Pseudo-Legendary until I seen it's stats when I got more into the competitive aspect of Pokémon. It's Shiny is god damn perfect too.

Bisharp - "My bars Bisharp like a Dark and a Steel type." The design of this Pokémon is genuinely ridiculous. Again, when I first started 5th Gen I could never guess this Pokémon's type I was sure it was a Bug type lol. Such a great Pokémon overall, the power is scary as hell.

Years
I really enjoyed gen 5's designs.

Several people, over the years, have mentioned that there were too many pokemon, many of which were non-creative from generation 5. I disagree completely. It was an excellent reboot with a variety of new designs and styles that cater to those that like the brawny, cute, elegant, regal, or quirky aestetics. I don't think many other generations have pulled this off to this extent, though gen III is darn close.

I will admit, I have purchased each main series game as soon as I was able to, except gen 4. I loved Ruby, but drifted away from pokemon. I found out 2 years after generation 4 was released that pokemon was still thriving. I played the Diamond and Pearl games, and was excited, did some spriting, but wasn't a total pokemon fan again. But, it was gen 5, which seems like it was revealed just yesterday, that got me completely immersed in the franchise again. So, mission accomplished GF. I'd tie gen V with gen II in most enjoyment.

My top ten pokemon (there is no way, for this gen in particular, the list could be condensed.)

Spoiler:

So many other pokemon I love missed this list. Just to show how much I really love this generation in comparison to others, in which, the top tens are much easier for me to decide. Hell, I should just add ten more "honorable mentions."
Honorable mentions:
Spoiler:

Now for legendaries. I am never too big on them. Though, I like how gen 6 has so few (or only released so few) legendaries. They tend to be a bit blah, if there are too many of them.

Spoiler:

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
Years
Sigilyph is my main man. I love his design, and the first one I met nearly straight up whooped my ass. He's got nice stats and is a great Life Orb user due to his ability. Plus, he just looks too awesome.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Jellicent. I love how spongy it is. Mine in X is one of my best battlers tbh.

Honorable mentions to Chandelure and Archeops. After that Ferrothorn and Zebstrika.

Minato Riku

My Japanese Sweetheart
Years
4 me my favorite 5th gen pokemons are: Victini,All starter fire type pokemon,Black Kyurem and White Kyurem ftw.

Years
Mine is serperior for sure! When I saw snivy in anime I fell in love - than I saw Trip's serperior and it became one of my favourite pokemon from all gens! From non-starters that has to be Lilligant - I used one in one of my recent challenges and I loved using her! I also love its design since it's original and it looks just so cool and elegant at the same time <3

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
When it comes to the fifth gen Pokemon, here is my list of favorites:
Samurott
Stoutland
Simipour
Zebstrika
Gigalith
Excadrill
Throh
Leavanny
Krookodile
Scrafty
Carracosta
Zoroark
Reuniclus
Vanilluxe
Jellicent
Galvantula
Klinklang
Beheeyem
Haxorus
Beartic
Druddigon
Golurk
Bisharp
Braviary
Hydreigon
Cobalion
Terrakion
Thundurus
Zekrom
Kyurem

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
Hydreigon is my favorite 5th gen pokemon. Reminds me a lot of Giratina which is pretty much my overall favorite pokemon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 14, 2023
I really enjoy the design of male Frillish; I never got the chance to use one, but running into them is one of my favorite things to do while surfing in fifth gen. They just look wonderful!

Back