• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

After Death

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
We all know that it's coming. The moment when our bodies give out and our brain ceases; death.
But, this is the big question:
=What do you believe happens after death? What evidence do you have to support your claim?

I would personally hope for an afterlife and not to just...cease existing, but when I look at it scientifically, it seems that I will just simply not be after I die. No thinking, no nothing, and this thought is scary(for me at least).

Years
My evidence is modern psychology and biology.

You die. Your neurons stop firing in the coherent illusion you call self, soul, and mind. The illusion ceases to exist, and I suppose you also cease to exist. It's not scary when you accept it. Life doesn't change, your happiness doesn't change, everything just moves on as normal. I think it's just a hill some people decide (or not) to go over.

)-)))''z

fish
Years
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Same as before you are born. Don't exist, you don't even get to experience non-existence because... well you don't exist.

I find it scary. But we can't change it

Years
Law of thermodynamics. The energy that you used to be just gets a little less organized is, all. You're still there, in a way. As for your consciousness, memories, personality, etc, it seems to be that it would be quite a waste for it to just end completely.

Years
I don't believe anything happens after death. I mean, your body is still there and we know what happens to that, but as for the idea of a soul or essence or whatever term you want to use, we really don't have any way of knowing, but I personally don't think anything like a soul exists and that when your body goes you go with it.

Back