• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overworld Inserting (Remake)

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
I am having trouble...that when i resize my hero sprites to 32x32 and insert the new sprites in the hero sprites,then the sprites became messed up!!!!

The sprite's size is supposed to be 16x32 lol but there is an option on NSE to insert custom sized OWs. Idk how to do it thou...

Years
no...I resize the ow by ''overworld changer'' tool.if you dont know about that tool,then i will send a link...

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
no...I resize the ow by ''overworld changer'' tool.if you dont know about that tool,then i will send a link...
Sure :) I'll go search up how to insert bigger tiles so it won't be that hard for you :)

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020

I found a way :D Open NSE goto>Edit>preferences>Width/Height to the desired number(16/32/64)>near save press the arrow at Index and make it All, after this press save and your done.

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
I found a way :D Open NSE goto>Edit>preferences>Width/Height to the desired number(16/32/64)>near save press the arrow at Index and make it All, after this press save and your done.

That's what I said. You can also use the options part then plugins to edit everything other than OWs.

Years
then this way really works...then no need to follow that big tutorial of karatekid..

okay anything bug or glitch founded,by using this method.

Last edited:

PiplupGHacker

Keeping the dream alive.
Years
I'm sure this has been answered a billion times before, but..

KH1z6Td.png

Y U DO DIS GAEM? Shows up fine in Overworld Editor, but not in the game ._.
Thanks for the tutorial though, Irfanview is plenty useful for sprite editing/cropping/etc.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020

KH1z6Td.png

Thanks for the tutorial though, Irfanview is plenty useful for sprite editing/cropping/etc.

I gotta say, that's a pretty nice OW u got there ^^ Well, It's probably a problem with the Palettes. Palettes ALWAYS have problems. If it isn't, there are a bunch more possibilities. Let me walk you through a few. First, try and see if you've done this:

5DCE0KB.png

If you have, It may be a problem with IrfanView. Save that OW as 0_0 or something, and open it with irfanview. (You should also include all the other OWs inside too, so it won't be so troublesome) Press Image>Palette>Edit Palette. Change the FIRST colour with the BACKGROUND colour. Now, save it as something else, and open that new img with Paint, and 0_0 on the other side. At 0_0, press "Select All" and copy the OWs and paste them on your new Paint. Save the new paint, and you can also delete 0_0 now. Open NSE (Wouldn't recommend you to use OWE) and import everything.

The third problem may come from, as I have previously stated, OWE. OWE is really buggy and it's abilities are VERY limited. Try to use NSE instead.

PiplupGHacker

Keeping the dream alive.
Years
Eh, I think the design of the character (black outline) is causing a problem. Honestly, I had taken those from the public section of Whack a Hack. I think I'm gonna try it with other sprites (I did try all you suggested, though) but if I can't get that to work I'll be fine with the original OWs for now.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Eh, I think the design of the character (black outline) is causing a problem. Honestly, I had taken those from the public section of Whack a Hack. I think I'm gonna try it with other sprites (I did try all you suggested, though) but if I can't get that to work I'll be fine with the original OWs for now.

Okay :) Just drop me a VM or post here anytime you need help. ^^

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016

I dont know if this is relevant to you or not anymore, but it was the fact that you had black as the first palette. The first one on an overworld is the background color, which will always be transparent. In the program NSE you should be able to easily switch those around.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years

KH1z6Td.png

That is because you haven't indexed it properly. The old copy paste thingy in paint still works in Windows 7 & 8 if you download Paint XP.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
That is because you haven't indexed it properly. The old copy paste thingy in paint still works in Windows 7 & 8 if you download Paint XP.

I dont know if this is relevant to you or not anymore, but it was the fact that you had black as the first palette. The first one on an overworld is the background color, which will always be transparent. In the program NSE you should be able to easily switch those around.

Yup, like both of them said, the problem must have came from IrfanView's palette changing.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
I tried to insert new OWs in my hack by this method and they seems to work fine. But problem is that after insert new OWs it screws up the palette of other OWs. Please help me.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
I tried to insert new OWs in my hack by this method and they seems to work fine. But problem is that after insert new OWs it screws up the palette of other OWs. Please help me.

Of course they will be since different OW's use the same Pallete.

In order for you to have a seperate pallete from the others use this tutorial by Quickster. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=275160

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
I have a trouble when i try to import the OW, it says, index is out of the bound of array and The Sprites box becomes black! help me some one!

Back