• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Uranium (NEW DEMO 4.0 RELEASED!!!)

BlorkGlork

Better Starter. Better Game.
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2012
Whats the difference between v2.1 HQS and v2.1 Regular? also how am i suppose to play the game. Emulator, VisaulBoy. Please help thanks :)

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Whats the difference between v2.1 HQS and v2.1 Regular? also how am i suppose to play the game. Emulator, VisaulBoy. Please help thanks :)

The difference between both of them is that the HQS simply means high quality sound which in this case is the .mp3 extension, regular is simply midis. To run this game, you need to have the RPGXP / RMXP run time application(I think?) installed, this is a component that is installed when you're install RPGXP separately.

Last edited:

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
All you need to do is to download the game folder and run the .exe, you don't need anything else, it's pretty simple.

BlorkGlork

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2012
Thank you for the help. I already figured it out, but still thanks :) Also just curios about a couple of things..... 1. On route 1 are there more than just 1 wild Pokemon(Chyinmunk)? 2. What is the overall completion of the game, 30%, 50%, 70%, 90%. Thanks :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Thank you for the help. I already figured it out, but still thanks :) Also just curios about a couple of things..... 1. On route 1 are there more than just 1 wild Pokemon(Chyinmunk)? 2. What is the overall completion of the game, 30%, 50%, 70%, 90%. Thanks :)

yes, there are several pokemon on route 01! in addition to Chyinmunk, you can find Mankey and Smore, I believe! plus Magikarp and Fortog, with the fishing rod. And there are many more Pokemon available in Route 02 (Owten) and the cave (Grozard, Barewl, Tonemy, and Dunsparce)!

Hmm. I'm not a big fan of using arbitrary percentages to describe the completion level, but I'd hazard it's ~40% of the total game because demo 2.1 has 3 of the 6 gyms. the majority of the plot will be in the next two demos!

and yes, we are still making progress on the next demo! we should have a release in December, with any luck. we'll be putting out a call for beta testers soon, so if anyone is interested and committed to improving the game (ie. you don't just want a chance to play it early, you're actually gonna stick with us and help out), we'd love to hear from you! ...not just yet, though. we'll let you know.

Last edited:

BlorkGlork

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2012
yes, there are several pokemon on route 01! in addition to Chyinmunk, you can find Mankey and Smore, I believe! plus Magikarp and Fortog, with the fishing rod. And there are many more Pokemon available in Route 02 (Owten) and the cave (Grozard, Barewl, Tonemy, and Dunsparce)!

Hmm. I'm not a big fan of using arbitrary percentages to describe the completion level, but I'd hazard it's ~40% of the total game because demo 2.1 has 3 of the 6 gyms. the majority of the plot will be in the next two demos!

and yes, we are still making progress on the next demo! we should have a release in December, with any luck. we'll be putting out a call for beta testers soon, so if you're interested and committed to improving the game (ie. you don't just want a chance to play it early, you're actually gonna stick with us and help out), we'd love to hear from you! ...not just yet, though. we'll let you know.

Yes I defiantly would be interested in Beta Testing, but not because I want to play earlier or anything. Ever since I was young I thought Pokemon was cool, I remember when I got my first Pokemon game :') I played for hours. Recently I have been watching all the Pokemon episodes from the first season(Indigo League). So I do have a pretty good Knowledge of Pokemon. But when I saw this thread it really peaked my interest, I checked it out and thought it was great. :) The reason I would like to be a Beta tester Is for the improvement of the game, I really do think this can be one of the best games out there(Including GameFreak's/Nintendo's version's). Also if you guys would need any help in the Story-Line/Idea's department, I would totally help out with that. I really do think that this game is going to be great:) The wheel's in my head are already spinning with ideas :)

I wish you guys all the best :)

Blork-Glork :)

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
tumblr_mezlkfjdR81s018r1o1_400.png

As we are in the finishing stages of sprites, dialogues, and scripting for Beta 3, it is time for our first call for beta testers!
If you are interested in playing the game early, helping us make improvements and contributing to the game's development, please consider applying! All beta testers will have their names (or preferred internet handles) in the game's credits, too!
To make matters easier for us, we are doing it via our group on deviantArt [Click here!]. This doesn't mean you do need to do it through there, but it would be really helpful. Simply send the group a note saying that you are interested in helping us betatest, and ideally why you are interested as well, and in a few days you will be sent the download link to the latest 3.0 build. If you prefer to do it via PokeCommunity, send a PM saying the same thing.

Keep in mind that beta testing is a commitment and not simply a chance to play the game early. Beta 3 is still incomplete, and there will likely be many bugs. We are also expecting that you will give us detailed feedback to help us improve, including the precise circumstances in which you encountered any errors. Also, the game is close to 8-10 hours long, and most of the new content is at the end! So dedication is a must.

Thank you all for all of your interest and feedback! I hope those of you who have/had 2.1 are enjoyed it. When we start getting really close to the 3.0 release, we will be posting lots more screenshots, as well as bonus information on Fakemon and characters in the game, so there's lots to look forward to.
Thanks!

P.S.: We now have an group blog on Tumblr! And I'm proud to say that in less than one week we got over 500 followers! Be sure to follow us there for faster updates. [Click here]

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years

JV and Twitch are proud to present the third beta release of Pokemon Uranium, an RMXP fangame made with Poccil's Essentials. With a staggering amount of content, new areas to explore, and new Pokemon to catch, we promise it'll be Pokemon like you've never seen it before. It will be the best experience you will ever had as far as Pokémon fangames is concerned so far. We spent a very long time on this and we hope you will enjoy playing!

Features

- 10-12 hours of gameplay
- Slick, up-to-date graphics
- 80+ Fakemon
- A new type, Nuclear!
- 9 towns to explore in the Tandor region
- 5/6 Gyms
- 4 Sidequests
- New, memorable characters
- An original and unpredictable plot

Credits

JV - Maps, scripts, events, music
Twitch - Fakemon, Sprites, dialogue
Dewitty, Hydrargirium, Kyledove, Alistair, Zetavares, Gigatom, C.N.C, Zelx - Overworld Tiles
Zorin - Fakemon
Pequedark-Velvet - Fakemon

& to everybody that beta tested, thank you!

Download

Mediafire: [link]
RapidShare: [link]

[Unzip and run the "Game" application to play!]

Thank you, hope you enjoy!

-JV & Twitch

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2013
It seems the download links don't work. It could just be my internet being crap or something. Have to say, this looks even better than the last demo. It just looks amazing. If the links could be fixed, I could finally get to the awesomeness that is this beta.

Edit: Never mind it worked this time. Sorry for wasting your time if I did.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 6, 2013
Been playing the newest demo since last night, I'm loving it~

However I've hit a roadblock...literally.

The area near a ladder in the jungle cave and another area in the jungle cave where the bug blockade is, each time I get even a little close the entire game crashes and I have to refresh my system just to be able to move the mouse/cursor.

I'm not sure what I should do...

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
A lot of your text has an extra enter space; this makes dialogue unnecessarily bothersome. You can prevent this (I'm guessing) by creating separate event command lines for text. I also noticed a few things while starting your game.

1: In the event explaining your situation, it gets cut off, saying "You're dad, a famous pokemon You grew up there"
2: whats that squiggle supposed to be? is it supposed to be there?
3: this looks bad, fix your priorities :P
4: the sign on the wall doesn't fit correctly, while the leaving mat overlaps another rug.
5: weird, I was walking to the lab and it appeared out of no where
6: I noticed, a lot of your sprites are not on the same level, point in case right here.
7: theres a seam on this tree, it is a floating tree and it scares me mostly because the top part is floating for som unknown reason, but also that it is in a few places, not just there.

I'm loving the way the game presents itself, it has nice transitions and makes the game a lot more fun and interesting than the average pokemon game. I spent a good hour or so playing the game, and it was awesome!
I'm not trying to be mean with my bugs or errors and such, I'm just trying to help you because I like this game :P

cruuuuuueeeeell joke with the guy who wants to trade a pokemon! hahaha, I lost my cool starter :P

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
A lot of your text has an extra enter space; this makes dialogue unnecessarily bothersome. You can prevent this (I'm guessing) by creating separate event command lines for text. I also noticed a few things while starting your game.

1: In the event explaining your situation, it gets cut off, saying "You're dad, a famous pokemon You grew up there"
2: whats that squiggle supposed to be? is it supposed to be there?
3: this looks bad, fix your priorities :P
4: the sign on the wall doesn't fit correctly, while the leaving mat overlaps another rug.
5: weird, I was walking to the lab and it appeared out of no where
6: I noticed, a lot of your sprites are not on the same level, point in case right here.
7: theres a seam on this tree, it is a floating tree and it scares me mostly because the top part is floating for som unknown reason, but also that it is in a few places, not just there.

I'm loving the way the game presents itself, it has nice transitions and makes the game a lot more fun and interesting than the average pokemon game. I spent a good hour or so playing the game, and it was awesome!
I'm not trying to be mean with my bugs or errors and such, I'm just trying to help you because I like this game :P

cruuuuuueeeeell joke with the guy who wants to trade a pokemon! hahaha, I lost my cool starter :P

Oh man, you'rent playin the latest version, 3.0. This is 2.1, try doebloading 3.0 from one of the link on my post in this page :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
awe seriously? D:
well thats an hour wasted x.x it was pretty fun though, so good job on that!

You don't have to start over! Just copy the game.rxdata over to the new folder.

Been playing the newest demo since last night, I'm loving it~

However I've hit a roadblock...literally.

The area near a ladder in the jungle cave and another area in the jungle cave where the bug blockade is, each time I get even a little close the entire game crashes and I have to refresh my system just to be able to move the mouse/cursor.

I'm not sure what I should do...

Hmm... I think it might just be that your computer can't handle having that many animated sprites on screen at once. Try playing on a different computer, if possible; you can copy the save file over.

In any case, you got very far, almost to the end, so kudos! What team of Pokemon did you use?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 6, 2013
Hmm... I think it might just be that your computer can't handle having that many animated sprites on screen at once. Try playing on a different computer, if possible; you can copy the save file over.

In any case, you got very far, almost to the end, so kudos! What team of Pokemon did you use?

Metalynx (level 37)
Tanscure (level 36)
Palij (level 35)
Gaslug (level 30) (Just caught him, he's great! Training him up.)
Quetzoral (level 28, freshly caught)
Barewel (Nicknamed TROLL)(Hm Slave)(Level 10)

EDIT: I managed copy the info on the pop-up window that appears when the game freezes.. maybe it'll help with identifying the problem? I think you're right though, I'll try playing on a different computer.

---------------------------
Pokemon Uranium
---------------------------
Exception: NoMethodError
PokemonPhonein:13:in `pbRandomPhoneTrainer'
PokemonPhone:6:in `each'
PokemonPhone:6:in `pbRandomPhoneTrainer'
PokemonPhone:206
PokemonPhone:174:in `call'
PBEvent:54:in `trigger'
PBEvent:49:in `each'
PBEvent:49:in `trigger'