• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon - Evils Unite

Must Arceus appear in my game and in which form should he appear?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Hello, members of PC, today i bring to you the project i've been working on.

Name : Pokemon - Evils Unite

Game Plot
Spoiler:

Cities
Spoiler:

Current Team
Spoiler:

Banners
Spoiler:

Main Characters
Spoiler:

Features : -Hoenn + Kanto Pokemon
-More 2 vs 2 battles
-New cities

Open Suggestions
Spoiler:

Screenies
Spoiler:

Credits to :
-The guys who made Pokemon Essentials v11
-Aryan143
-pikakitten
-Crazyninjaguy
-carmaniac(Bubble system message & B/W style loading screen)
I need some :
-Spriters
-Scripters
-Positive critics.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Looks like this game could have potential. So this is a remake of firered but with different city names and different storyline? Also, you should change your font to Power Green.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Graphics will be different too. I just need some scripters and spriters then this game will really take off.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Graphics will be different too. I just need some scripters and spriters then this game will really take off.

You'll have better luck learning how to script and sprite than actually finding someone who's able, and also willing to be one for you. It's an OK concept, but needs some serious work, as currently all I can see this as, is basically Leaf Green/ Fire Red slightly changed. I do wish you the best of luck.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Carmaniac is right, it is very hard to recruit spriters and scripters. I mean no offence by saying this but spriters and scripters will be more likely to sprite and script for your game if it has more of a "WOW FACTOR" to it, whereas this game, I'm guessing, has only just started because the screenshots make it evidently so.

I suggest that you upgrade your graphics (tiles), maps and sprite styles (from GBA sprites to NDS sprites) before searching for spriters and scripters because they will be more likely to ask to join your team instead of you asking them.

Please do not take offence from what I have said, take it as advice. I'm giving a fair amount of good advice, from past experience of course, because I myself am an intermediate-advanced level spriter, and have a near complete game running in the showcase.

Good luck with the game.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
By graphics if you mean better tiles, I'll give you a pretty good HGSS one with the credits.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Rayquaza said:
Carmaniac is right, it is very hard to recruit spriters and scripters. I mean no offence by saying this but spriters and scripters will be more likely to sprite and script for your game if it has more of a "WOW FACTOR" to it, whereas this game, I'm guessing, has only just started because the screenshots make it evidently so.

I suggest that you upgrade your graphics (tiles), maps and sprite styles (from GBA sprites to NDS sprites) before searching for spriters and scripters because they will be more likely to ask to join your team instead of you asking them.

Please do not take offence from what I have said, take it as advice. I'm giving a fair amount of good advice, from past experience of course, because I myself am an intermediate-advanced level spriter, and have a near complete game running in the showcase.

Good luck with the game.
No, i don't take it as an offence. Thank you for the advice, i'll follow it.

carmaniac said:
You'll have better luck learning how to script and sprite than actually finding someone who's able, and also willing to be one for you. It's an OK concept, but needs some serious work, as currently all I can see this as, is basically Leaf Green/ Fire Red slightly changed. I do wish you the best of luck.
Then ok, i'm gonna follow your advice too.

Dradier234 said:
By graphics if you mean better tiles, I'll give you a pretty good HGSS one with the credits.
Ok, i agree.

Rayquaza.

Years
If you'd like, if you manage to upgrade your graphics style (sprites and tiles), I can do some spriting for your game.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Rayquaza said:
If you'd like, if you manage to upgrade your graphics style (sprites and tiles), I can do some spriting for your game.
Then, i shall do it. Which kit do you think i should use to make the graphics more appealing?

Rayquaza.

Years
It's not really a matter of getting a kit, because there is only one fully functioning and almost bug-free kit, and that is Pokémon Essentials. It's more a matter of where to find them, there are a fair few on DeviantArt and in the tutorials and resources section. I'd recommend some BW/2 tiles or HGSS because a fair amount of people like more up-to-date graphics. With sprites I'd recommend grabbing HGSS sprites or BW sprites (depending on the tiles you are using) from P-Signs pack or something.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
I have HGSS out tiles and BW inner tiles. Just PM me for them. I didn't make them but I'll give you the credits for them, also, if you what to upgrade your tiles, I'll remap your maps with new tiles. Just send me the download link to your game and the tiles you are using.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I am back with 2 new screenshots. I am in the process of recreating the events in Pitsborough Town. But i'd like you to give me view on these screenshots.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Use the dirt AUTO tile, should help
Why did you change the textbox system to default?
Sprites looks good.

Rayquaza.

Years
I am back with 2 new screenshots. I am in the process of recreating the events in Pitsborough Town. But i'd like you to give me view on these screenshots.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
About the Ash sprite, i'm just using it temporarily while waiting for another one to be made. Though, the Red sprite was modified by me. Anyway, what do you think? Is there something to be changed?

Rayquaza.

Years
I'd say more than add some dirt, I'd say fill in the space, too much emptiness...

Just saying from past critiques on my maps.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Here i come again with 3 new screenshots.
1-The font is temporary.
2-The Ash screenshot isn't for me.
Spoiler:

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Here i come again with 3 new screenshots.
1-The font is temporary.
2-The Ash screenshot isn't for me.
Spoiler:

I'm going to be quite honest with you, sorry if I offend you in the process of this. The game, quite frankly just looks horrible judging by the new screenshots, there is a clash in style with the overworlds, gen III characters with gen IV tiles. The message box looks pretty horrible, looks like a bad mix of the old generation window skin, and the latest generation. The mapping is quite bad also, I'd suggest first practicing mapping on a 15X15 canvas to get use to having boarders, paths that flow evenly between the available root on the map, and diversions caused by trees, rocks, building and what ever else you can find tile wise. This is just mainly to get you use to filling the maps to add a bit more interest to the player, as right now you've only got a rather open square that's just filled with a few random buildings and a dirt path that is huge. Again, sorry if this post seems rather offensive, but it's the only way to learn what is being done wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back