• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Hack Series: Pokémon SunGold & Pokémon MoonSilver

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 8, 2018
Hey, new to the forum and hacks in general. I'm playing Moonsilver and I can't find the Kanto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh starters. I tried the below routes both day and night. Are they super rare or only in SunGold? Thanks for any help!

"I've modified it so that the Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh starters will appear at the first 3 areas in game, Route 29, 30, and 46, respectively."

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019
Hello everyone. I made an account to share since it looks like the links to the "clean" version with Gen 6 type effectiveness were dead. I was also interested in playing through this version but without all the changes to the type effectiveness. I don't know anything about hacking but think I've figured out how to modify the hex tables. I followed the guide found at [I can't post links so google "nsmbhd complete type chart" and it's the first link] Because walnut3072 had modified the type table already, all I had to do was delete his in the overlay9_0018 file and replace with the Gen 6 version in that guide.

So if anyone else is interested just follow the above guide and at STEP 6, instead of adding to the bottom delete everything AFTER Offset(h) 00016550 and replace with the Gen 6 data in the guide. Hope that helps!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Hey, new to the forum and hacks in general. I'm playing Moonsilver and I can't find the Kanto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh starters. I tried the below routes both day and night. Are they super rare or only in SunGold? Thanks for any help!

"I've modified it so that the Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh starters will appear at the first 3 areas in game, Route 29, 30, and 46, respectively."

This is only in SunGold. MoonSilver is the following: "The places where you received Kanto starters and Sinnoh starters by Quiz Masters have been swapped so that Piplup (Water/Ice-type) or Turwig (who now learns a rock-type move very early) can assists you in the battle with Falkner. There is also a slim chance that you'll now encounter Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle in the morning/day/night at the very first place to catch wild pkm, route 29."

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
Hi there, I prefer heart gold over soul silver, but sungold is really wierd (unfinished, random encounter (!), that type chart? ugh...). So I wonder if someone is able to apply all moonsilver features (except changed type chart!) to sungold? Thank you very much for any reply, advices and help with my desperate heart :)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I question the change of Emploeon's typing. Being water/steel gave it the best defensive typing in the game.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 11, 2018
is it possible to play this on DS instead of a emulator? if so, please explain how because this seems like an awesome hack!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 23, 2021
How is Gardevoir only pure Psychic type。
should have second type "Falry"。
Hope author can correct,again Publish patch。

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 22, 2019
I have now been trying to patch this game for 2 hours. I have tried patching with several US clean rom files, but i always get XD3_INVALID_INPUT. Any help would be appreciated.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 12, 2019
Greetings,

This hack is brilliant! Fairy type! New moves! New typing! The only thing I dislike is the new type chart.... I did some digging and found someone who made the patch that reverts the new type chart back to original type chart, but sadly the file in zippyshare is expired. If any of you have that patch or know how to change the type chart, please send it or at least teach me how to change the chart.

Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jun 19, 2023
Just in case you check the thread first and not your inbox...

I don't know if you still visit PokeCommunity, but I wanted to let you know MoonSilver doesn't work. I am not sure about SunGold, as MoonSilver was the only one at the time that I tested.

Back