• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2016
Can someone please tell me what this does?

ive heard that there is a "supercard" that i can use to play roms of hacked pokemon games on my ds/lite/i/3ds. Is this true? How do i do it? I have all 4 gens of the DS, so which supercard should i get? How much are they?

thanks for all your help!!

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
Trouble Patching

I tried to patch a liquid crystal ips file onto a fire red rom, and lunar ips said "successfully patched!" but the file remained unchanged. Could it be the fire red file I am using? Thanks

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2012
pokemon white no exp on desmume

i have desmume 0.9.6 x 86 and when playing pokemon white (only just started) have just noticed no exp after a battle.

now i have seen that people have said that they need to download a patched rom but i know the rom is good as i got it from my r4 card in the ds and it works fine and gets exp from battles.

so is there something i can do to fix the desmume emulator as it is not the rom that is the problem?

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2012
pokemon white no exp on desmume but same rom gets exp on the ds

i have desmume and it works with pokemon white but no exp. but the rom works good and with exp on the ds.
so is there a fix for this as i have seen fixes for roms but my rom is good

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2012
R4 TTDS wont load

so i got an r4 and it is ttds kernel 1.17a12 a few months back it was working fine and now it is suck in ttds is loading and it wont load help!!!!!:'(

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Mac Pink Screen

When running Mac Boy Advance and loading a game it makes the screen half pink and half the game(red version & and newest Mac OS). Has anyone else had this problem on Mac and know how to fix it? Or any other good emulators that work on mac?

thanks!

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2012
Hey i've been posting because of my problem so this is it how do i fix my ttds wont load it keeps loading but not load help :(

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2012
i need some help with this no exp thing.
my rom works fine but the emulator desmume wont give exp when playing pokemon white on it.
if i play it on the ds i get exp, so there is nothing wrong with the rom and i dont need to patch the rom

edit: ok problem solved. i found a action replay code for the xp problem and now it works

Last edited:

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
im Running he Latest VBA Link so i can play through Firered
Problem is that i cant save so no trading all that happens is it says *saving* and then stays there eternally
the weird thing is i started gain on a diff File (need something to trade to) and it worked absolutely fine so what can i do?

Jill Valentine

Nexios Leader
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
did'nt know where to post this probably here anyways umm I'm making a Firered Hack based on Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire but I need help this first is the message when you start firered you know the one with pikachu at the top how can I changed the text there Also where on here can I get help with the professors script I need help

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
did'nt know where to post this probably here anyways umm I'm making a Firered Hack based on Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire but I need help this first is the message when you start firered you know the one with pikachu at the top how can I changed the text there Also where on here can I get help with the professors script I need help
Professor's script can be changed with A-Text or better by using Hex Editor.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
1. Is it possible to have all the pokemon (through Gen 5), or at least through gen 4, on a FR/LG or a R/S/E rom? if so how?
2. How do you put the overworld pokemon sprites in on a rom map?

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
1. Is it possible to have all the pokemon (through Gen 5), or at least through gen 4, on a FR/LG or a R/S/E rom? if so how?
2. How do you put the overworld pokemon sprites in on a rom map?
1. Not possible yet.
2. ROM map? Do you mean world map or map in game?
If you mean in-game map then just put them like normal OW :D
If you mean world map then I don't think that's possible =D

Jill Valentine

Nexios Leader
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013

Professor's script can be changed with A-Text or better by using Hex Editor.

I use pksvui and I know how to change it but there was a bunch of stuff when I opened it I got confused and I still need help with that welcome message also now I got a problem I really need help with Ive completed Littleroot, route 101,olddale,Route 102,route 103 and petalburg everything fine scripts, warps, changed music, wild pokemon nothing wrong any ways I made route 104 the map works fine I connected it to Petalburg now my Petalburg map frezes when I enter it when it worked fine before

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
hey guys,

pretty dumb question maybe but, where can I get support for a little bigger problem? :S I have a Scripting problem and have to post a few files to get help. But I don't quite know where to post it ^_^'

~g-six

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2019
Just looking for an IPS patcher for macs, havent played hacks since my PC days

Years
I am busy with my fire red hack, and I am always testing it. I made it up to gym 2. it all worked perfect. I just edited some trainers on the next route but when i try to launch the game in vba, it only gives me a white screen! the game won't load. my previous demo (till mt.moon) is working perfect, but my new beta just gives me a white screen.

what could it be?

Back