• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Entertainment Trivia

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
So has anyone else noticed the amount of trivia type threads in the Entertainment forum? I'm talking about the ones where people just give a line reply to the poster above them and a line question for the following person. Then every other post that isn't the one directly above you is completely disregarded.

I don't have anything against these threads but I feel like these threads are just copies of some of the Other Trivia threads except they are themed around the general entertainment and video game sub-forums.

If those threads are separated from the Other Chat and Other Voting Poll sections shouldn't these threads also get their own trivia section?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Yes, I have noticed that amount - only two - and I have absolutely no problem with a couple of fun, entertainment/culture-related fun types of threads being regularly posted in as long as the majority of the posts in the threads are not spam. Thus far, they've been fairly respectable and are fine where they are for the time being. Along with that, I don't think one or two threads that have every right to be where they are (since they contain elements of their respective subforum's discussion focal point) really warrant a new section.

Truth be told, I would love it if, in the future, you would private message me your concerns regarding my section! I'm sure I could help answer all questions you have that way. :]

Last edited:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I was kind of talking about the whole entertainment section and not just the general entertainment. There's still not that many like you said but there are some that I just don't get why rate the video game music would be in the video games section but rate the song is in other trivia but not general entertainment. Some of the other ones are just ask a question to the user below but with something to do with general entertainment or video games.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
It's true that they might be cropping up in other entertainment-related sections as well, but perhaps the Moderators of those sections think the same as I - a couple of fun threads will do no harm as long as they are well-kept. Once again, a few threads like that here and there probably do not warrant a dedicated section for them.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well there currently is no mod for the VG section so there's that.

I agree in general with Wings though, if only for the post count aspect of it. Part of the reason those belong in trivia sections is because of the post count in other sections, and allowing them outside kind of ruins that aspect. Every trivia game can easily be modified to be related to another section - "Caption the video game screenshot above you", "The Browser Race"...when you think about it the fact that there are games like "Rate the Song" in OT shows that there's something beyond "is there another section it fits in" that goes into what goes in OT and what goes other places. If there wasn't something about games involved in the decision, that would go in GE, right?

Anyway yeah I agree.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I don't really like the idea of there being a forum full of the more trivial threads from several sections when those trivial threads make up the minority anyway. Seems kinda messy and unnecessary to me, honestly. Don't see the harm in just a couple of 'trivia'-esque threads being posted in the main Entertainment forums as long as they're off-topic.

I also really agree with Audy in that stuff should be put into its proper forum before an "Other" forum. It strikes me as bizzare, for example, that the Rate The Song Above You is in Other Trivia while the Rate The Anime Above You thread is in General Entertainment. Little inconsistencies like this are really messy and kinda bug me and I just think making another trivia forum would contribute to this even more.

tl;dr I think things are fine as they are now and that an Entertainment Trivia forum, while an alright idea in theory, would be messy and lead to confusion and inconsistency.

Back