• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Forum Username: Sheep
Game Version: LeafGreen
Number of Pokemon: 6
Exclude NFEs: Yes
National Dex: Yes
Restrictions: None

thank you =) Excited to start this!

Years
UPDATE ONE - LEAF GREEN
Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

Last edited:

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 12, 2019
Name: ElectricN
Version: Ruby
Number: 6
Exclude NFE: yes
Nationaldex: no
Restrictions: Mawile must be one of them. Need one that can surf. Decently balanced on types!

Years
Name: ElectricN
Version: Ruby
Number: 6
Exclude NFE: yes
Nationaldex: no
Restrictions: Mawile must be one of them. Need one that can surf. Decently balanced on types!

You get:

Flygon
Swampert
Mawile
Muk
Magneton
Roselia

I feel it's pretty balanced team and should still give you some kind of challenge to complete the game.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Trainer Naoto | Pokemon Sun
normaliumz.png

780.png

Cabbage lv. 14 @ Quick Claw
Sap Sipper | Naughty
[ Glare | Echoed Voice | Twister | Protect ]

052-a.png

Dr. Bombay lv. 14
Technician | Naive
[ Scratch | Growl | Bite | Fake Out ]

It started off agonizing as anticipated. These games are a pain to restart because there's just so much tutorials and introducing different mechanics and such in the beginning, I think I was like four hours in (admittedly, some of that was me rolling my eyes and setting the 3DS down and forgetting about it) before I got to the first Pokemon Center to get my egg from Castform. A beautiful Drampa hatched before me and he was quickly named Cabbage because he kind of looks like a cabbage. Cute, leafy, and cole slaw-y. Or even like. For a spring roll. Anyway, he quickly started kicking ass and I knew that the beginning of this already easy game was about to get easier. (Hint: It did.)

I easily got Cabbage to where he could stand on his own two leafy green feet and ummm I got my hair cut and shit but like honestly. Why did I pick the girl bc. I don't like these clothes or hairstyles and idk what I was thinking? So I said eff that and went to catch my next party member, Dr. Bombay who I said I was going to name after a food, but that clearly did not happen.

We did some more bullshit and I easily beat the totem Pokemon with my end game cabbage dragon and blueberry cat. Got that Normalium Z that I will likely not use bc Z moves are just nooooot my thing, but lmao these things are gonna be how I measure progress I suppose? See ya next time.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
My up, I guess.

Spirit Shackle's French Y Random Challenge

- Chespin doesn't deserve a nickname. I'm PkHexing him into a box before Shauna.
- Actually no one is getting a nickname, I'll just leave their french names (even if four of my team have the same as their english name).
- Hoothoot, Makuhita, Tylton (Swablu), and Limigma (Slugma) are all added to the team before Shauna with the magic of hacking. ty based hacking. Okay to be fair Hoothoot, Swablu, and Makuhita are stupidly late game encounters and I'm not Rock Smashing for Slugma after gym 4.
- Shauna dies to Hoothoot
- The entire forest dies to Limigma
- Azurill get. +Atk Huge Power. Excellent.
- Lol bug gyms. Game, I have 2 birds and a Fire-type.
- Sycamore please stahp
- H A P P I N E S S G R I N D
- Azurill evolves into Marill
- Teach everything Return because lol its better than Charge (Tackle) and Marill has Huge Power and max happiness.
- Slugma learns Infestation apparently, also the birds can steal stuff now.
- one bird steals snorlax stupid berry then runs away. ty for free stuff game.
- no one likes daycare
- no one likes u kalem
- Uproar's French name is "Brouhaha". Just thought you'd like to know.
- i hate caves? repel is good tho
- come Absol. - Atk is whatever, most important is girl (rest of team is also girl) and Super Luck for shenanigans.
- retreat to chateau for train and stuff cause route 8 rekt me. I can't even repel it tho :/

Team is fun too lazy to copy have a nice day,

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hey, idk if the OP is around anymore and can confirm this or nah, but there aren't rules about trading certain items, as far as I can tell. Am I able to trade over the appropriate nectar I want for Oricorio? It's the Red one that comes on the third island and I don't want to have to wait that long, but it's not a huge deal if I can't. I just figured I would ask.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Hey, idk if the OP is around anymore and can confirm this or nah, but there aren't rules about trading certain items, as far as I can tell. Am I able to trade over the appropriate nectar I want for Oricorio? It's the Red one that comes on the third island and I don't want to have to wait that long, but it's not a huge deal if I can't. I just figured I would ask.

I interpret that as hacking/trading in a Pokemon, which is allowed in the rules, so assume yes for now.

Years
UPDATE TWO - LEAF GREEN
Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Trainer Naoto | Pokemon Sun
normaliumz.png
fightiniumz.png

780.png

Cabbage lv. 17 @ Quick Claw
Sap Sipper | Naughty
[ Glare | Echoed Voice | Twister | Light Screen ]

052-a.png

Dr. Bombay lv. 17 @ Soothe Bell
Technician | Naive
[ Scratch | Screech | Bite | Fake Out ]

741-p.png

Merlot lv. 16 @ Oran Berry
Dancer | Timid
[ Pound | Air Cutter | Peck | Baton Pass ]

I forgot how shortly after the first trial, you're thrown into the grand trial. So, I don't have much to report on this update, but I figured beating Hala was a good enough milestone to update for. I also forgot that Oricorio is early on in the game, lol. For some reason, I thought it was later. Forgot they're on every island. That being said, I caught my third party member, Merlot. Her name does not suit her in her current form, clearly. But now that I have the okay, I'll gather up my copy of Moon and find a Red Nectar to quickly trade over bc I don't want to stare at the pom pom forever. It's also a shame I don't even really get to play with its typing until level 40. You think they could have had it like the Rotom forms where it at least learns something like Thundershock or Flame Burst upon the form change and deleting the move that doesn't align with the form, but oh well. I'm thinking too deep. I'm sure I'll enjoy it more when I get its signature move.

With all this done, I'm probably going to play around on the first island some more before heading on to the second where, hopefully, the hand holding can back off. Cheers.

NergyTheMighty

Can't we all just get along? Pretty please?
Years
N-ergyTheMighty's Random Emerald Log #11

Spoiler:

Attachments

• Pokemon - Emerald Version (U)_1520896531635.png
    Pokemon - Emerald Version (U)_1520896531635.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 7

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Spirit Shackle's French Y Défi Aléatoire Update 2

Badges: 2

- hon hon hon ze run title is in french now.
- I lied about not nicknaming, any final evos that don't have a french name different from their english one get nicknames. That means you, Calamité (Absol) and Bleu (Azumarill)
- Speaking of which, I have an Azumarill now
- Oh, and a Noctowl too. Except Noctowl does have a French name - Noarfang (arguably cooler)
- take 15 photos at the photo spot and then retreat to lumiose for Calamité's new toy - a scope lens.
- Calamité and Bleu are now OP as heck.
- Also the Chateau is stupid broken. ty for letting me grind off Lv35 Audinos before Grant. Oh, and I have 375k moneys now. clothes ftw. dear Arceus this mechanic is busted if you put time into it. of course accidentally finding a Lv35 Dragon Dance Altaria when ur swablu is Lv26 is, uh, scary. its fine tho cause Bleu is busted.
- So anyway we 35 and rich now.
- Also Hariyama and Altaria. Now nicknamed Sels and Duveteux respectively.
- god i hate route 9. cant even death warp with levels this high.
- slugma evolves into Volcaropod (Magcargo)
- grant dies to Sels in 2 hits
- ???
- profit

team is fully evolved and level 36-38 ok bye

Years
Forum Username: Whallan
Game Version: Fire Red
Number of Pokemon: 6
Exclude NFEs: Yes
National Dex: No
Restrictions: Make it tough. (I want one pokemon available before Brock)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back