• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Largest play time in a game?

Renyui!

ascender
Years
Smash Bros Brawl with 509 hours. Not that I really -wanted- to play it that much, it's just that one popular party game that everyone starts up when folks are over.

Greywyn

Ace
Years
Oblivion with 1200+ hours. Pretty sure I did everything there was to do and then some. I also put a lot of time in Tales of Symphonia but not near as much. And I wont mention MMOs. I played Runescape for 7 years ;_;

TY

Mine is, suprisingly enough, Blur with more than 2000 hour's to get to the final boss...

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2017
guild wars, the only mmorpg i ever played, with around 2k hours clocked across 10+ characters for the past 6-7 years.

before that though, i'm pretty sure it was PSO...i clocked in well over 200 hours on at least 3 characters that i can recall.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
99:99 hours clocked for FF IV. Collected every Summon in that game, plus found the Square Easter egg that was supposed to be the in-game version of their development office (which, by the way, is in the troll king's castle).

999 hours clocked for Pokemon Emerald. Finally found the Adamant nature, Shiny Beldum everyone is/was after.

Some others, like Brave Fencer Musashi, but can't remember.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
If you count every version of Birth By Sleep that I've played (JP, EN, Final Mix), I've probably got well over 500 hours... and I think I might actually have close to that in KH2 if you count all my files just because it's a longer game.

But one single game? Might be one of my Pokemon files. I think I have ~300 hours in Diamond.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
Oblivion with 1200+ hours. Pretty sure I did everything there was to do and then some. I also put a lot of time in Tales of Symphonia but not near as much. And I wont mention MMOs. I played Runescape for 7 years ;_;
RuneScape! Played it around 7 or 8 years, and still play it. Probably have a couple thousand hours on that, although most of it consists of bankstanding.. xD
On Monster Hunter Tri, I have around 300 hours, so that would be the most I have recorded on any game. I think FireRed had 200 hours, and the rest of my games I never really cared to look at the game time.

soranium21

Eternally Hungry
Years
If online games are counted, it'd definitely be Grand Chase. Let's say I average around 2.5 hours every day, and I've been playing for around 2 and a half years, so that would amount to around 2300 hours of game time.

Offline, though, I'd say minesweeper. Yes, I'm serious. I mean, I've played it starting around 10 years ago, and it' become part of my daily ritual. It eats up around an hour of my time every time I open it, and I have a task bar shortcut for it. Now, if you don't consider minesweeper a game, then it would be Dissidia Duodecim (824 h), which I still suck at despite playing for so much.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
[SIZE="a"]I've probably clocked in over 1000 hours Roller coaster tycoon 2, although I haven't played it in years.[/SIZE]

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I'm sure I've got many thousands of hours in CSS... but as far as games that actually record your play time, I've got about 600 hours in sapphire, and several hundred in nearly every other version.

If we're counting MMOs... Runescape would be waaay up there. Been playing it for over 10 years. lol

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
About 500 hrs on PES 2012.
Yes, I am too lazy to go out and play football as I do not have any close friends that can play.
Coming in second place is Pokemon Heart Gold, I believe there's about 300~400 hours in that save.

AzureRaven

Aquatic Trainer
Years
Unofficially I'm sure I clocked well over a thousand hours on WoW back when I played, but that hardly counts, darn MMOs. Monster Hunter Tri had about 700 hours on it when I finished. Was HR 130 with nearly every weapon and armor. xD

Years
Maxed Emerald time ;) I also played 34 days and 24 hours on Call Of Duty 4 Online. Don't believe me, then you could have added me, but I sold my xbox haha but seriously, that's the only game I played on xbox from September 2007.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite at about 700 hours.
If you want a skill benchmark: I've completed all of the arena training with every weapon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
In a single file probably one of my Pokemon games. Most likely Silver or Ruby but I'm not too certain.

Overall though definitely Tales of Symphonia. I'm not sure how many hours exactly because multiple files (I don't transfer over play time) + times when I just play for hours trying to beat things up Abyssion but it's ranked up there preeeeetty high. ♥

Years
100 hours in Pokemon: Soul Silver, 75 hours in Team Fortress 2, and I am guessing around 300 hours in Minecraft. And I think I have around 200 hours in Call of Duty: Black Ops (including zombies, and I don't even play on my Xbox anymore...) Oh and just got into Garry's Mod, already hit 24 hours on that. Oh and Pokemon: Pearl has 96 hours on it. Also my Mario Kart Wii has around 100 hours on it as well. That's many days of my life wasted on video games... Correction: Many days in my life enjoyed playing video games.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
About 400 hours on Pokemon Sapphire and over 700 in Tales of the Abyss. (PS2 version, I just started the 3DS version)

Back