• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Becoming Reality

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Don't forget about the medical advances in the Pokemon world. I'm pretty sure we don't have a machine that instantly heals any injury. If you were to lose a battle, it would be a while before your Pokemon would be able to even fight again. And one more thing. Would ten year olds REALLY be able to own such potentionally dangerous creatures? I don't think so.

I always assumed that Pokemon are different on the biological level wit a unique fast recovery ability with the right triggers and situation, which would then be abused by specially produced potions and pkmn-center healing machines.

And why wouldnt they? Any silly and dumb ideas would backfire quite fast, due to Pokemon being the source of the danger, not the kid. Its not like a random potentially destructive Charizard would give a damn about what some kid is yelling at it.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Somehow, radical Christians would say that the devil has sent his minions to destroy mankind. Even tho pokemon would just like sit there and chill and the government wouldnt let anyone be in contact of any of them for the safety of the kids. Oh you bet your but Id find a Gible

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
A virtual reality Pokemon world doesn't seem to far off, we just need the AI capabilities and we're set! A holographic Pokemon buddy doesn't seem too far fetched at all. Unfortunately most games are focusing on GFX instead of AI or gameplay these days though. :(

As for biologically "real" Pokemon? I just don't see that happening, unless the human race learns how to create custom lifeforms with genetic code. If that WAS possible, I'm sure we'd have a lot to worry about..and Pokemon would be the least thing on people's minds.. ^^;

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
A virtual reality Pokemon world doesn't seem to far off, we just need the AI capabilities and we're set! A holographic Pokemon buddy doesn't seem too far fetched at all. Unfortunately most games are focusing on GFX instead of AI or gameplay these days though. :(

Have you seen the holos of 2-pac? Its crazy. You are right its not too far off from now

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I would love to see a V World of Pokemon. If they really game to life though,I would be afraid some,but then I would love it. Bad thing about it is,they are more dangerous than you would think. People would start conroling them and start taking over and wars would be even more wide spread and more deadly than they already are.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Even though I do agree some people will use try to use pokemon in wars but we gotta remember three things.

1. Pokemon arent mindless drones and DO have the capability to refuse and/or defend themselves against abusive people if need be

2. We dont have as advanced technology as the anime universe such as pokeballs so capturing one and detaining it indefinitely(for most pokemon) is out of the question.

3. I'm sure using pokemon in such a way will be unanimously outlawed

dunnjean

The Most Awesome Of Them All
Years
How do you think the world, but more importantly YOU would react?
I'd either be freaked out, or super excited.
How would the government respond?
"Calm down guys, it was just a weather balloon."
Will people panic?
Of course. Unless, again, people get super excited an want to become a trainer or something.
Will Animal Planet have to be shut down?
They could rename it PokePlanet.
And exactly what will people say to Ken Sugamori?
Most people would blame him for creating monsters.

Pokemon becoming real could be dangerous. I assume Pokemon are much stronger than us. If they can make each other faint, what could they do to humans?

CourageHound

Years
How would the government respond?
"Calm down guys, it was just a weather balloon."

Pokemon becoming real could be dangerous. I assume Pokemon are much stronger than us. If they can make each other faint, what could they do to humans?

The government response you made is pretty much it...until they simply cant cover it anymore since pokemon will be everywhere.

And if you think about it, the deciding factor of which(the majority) of pokemon becoming dangerous would be the people.

Ok lemme give a scenario: Your at Lion Country Safari riding in a van through the lion habitat where you see....nothing. Then from behind a boulder comes a Luxray curiously exploring your vehicle. The Luxray would by no means attack you out of the blue(as normal lions are just interested in your hunk of metal) but it entirely depends on how drastically you react to the Luxray.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Holy crap, no. I do not want this, and if it happens, I'll panic. Like hell I'd be excited knowing something like a flying, fire breathing killing dragon is in our planet.

But thankfully it'll never happen.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
Simply put, I'd squeal with joy.

lol i think that would be my first reaction and then i'd be like "so where do i buy my first pokeball at?"

Holy crap, no. I do not want this, and if it happens, I'll panic. Like hell I'd be excited knowing something like a flying, fire breathing killing dragon is in our planet.

But thankfully it'll never happen.

yeah then reality would hit me and i'd be like "so the we are all gonna die soon.."
xD

CourageHound

Years
Lol you guys are acting like theres gunna be some type of pokemon Jurassic era or something xD. Just because pokemon are super strong, or breathe fire, or whatever dont mean(unless it specifically entails them to or they have a good reason to) they are gunna rampage about attacking people.

Are animals we have today any different? Only difference is that in terms of brawn, pokemon have the upper hand(not really when you take mass machinery into account).

I for one wouldnt mind the advent of pokemon into our world, as long as the world doesnt freak out.

Years
If Pokemon start to birth around the world, I think for sure that it'll never perfectly look like to the ones we know, but we'd have our own species. The natural evolution process however would need billions of years to get our animals turned into such awesome creatures.
Everyone talks then about a random nuclear apocalypse, but, guys, the animals're just gonna die, like us, they'll never turn into awesome creatures or anything.

It's hard for me to write this, as Pokemans becoming true is a childhood wish I never got rid of, but, the reality sucks, and we have to deal with it.

CourageHound

Years
:X after looking at some messed up dex entries I take back what I said, and conclude that its partially a good thing pokemon arent real. Maybe if some of them were made less dark or creepy then it would be flawlessly awesome. But still, i'd still freak(in the good way) over pokemon being real, or at least my favorites.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
I would love that! And mebe the groun up people who know about pokemon could start pokemon centers but my parents whould never let me travel.I would love to wake up to the sound of singing boniris and pichus. I whoul love to ride to school on my flying pokemon! I would have to say that it would make the world a bit scaryer because of pokemon like aggron or empoleon and electrovive.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
People who don't play or watch Pokemon would totally freak out. The government, especially. At first, I bet they'd try and kill the Pokemon, thinking they were a threat to humanity. I guess the Pokemon would freak out as well because of the sudden attack, and fight back. Things would probably go cray-cray at that point.

But if the government doesn't attack, I'd like to have a Piplup.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Wait, what? What does Animal Planet and Ken Sugimori have to do with anything?

Animal Planet will still be here. Pokemon never outright replaced real animals, not even in the games. They're still monsters, not animals with specialized traits (i.e. Mouse Pokemon or Cat Pokemon, not mouse and cat). It's one misconception that still bothers the heck out of me, why do I let it? Anyway, if anything AP will either start covering Pokemon, or The Monster Network will arise, and after a year or so of nothing but Pokemon coverage, it'll deteriorate into a reality TV network about child stars and crazy stage parents.

Ken Sugimori? What, is he the new Yuji Naka, taking credit where it doesn't belong? I believe the man you want is Satoshi Tajiri. Or at least for the first couple of gens.

And are we're talking about if Pokemon were suddenly introduced? Oh no, there'd totally be a Jurassic Park thing going. That's almost unavoidable. You can't just introduce a whole new Kingdom (because monsters certainly wouldn't fit into what we already have, likenesses or no) and expect everything to turn out hunky-dory. It'd be chaos, even if the humans start it out of fear. The Pokemon could be well meaning, but too much antagonism's going to drive them to anger, and even the smallest special type Pokemon has enough power to seriously tear stuff up.

Come on, it's no different than all the alien movies we get year after year, except it doesn't wrap itself up within 2 hours.

In order for you guys to have the ideal Pokemon world you dream of, they would've had to have existed since the beginning of time, or close to it. It takes centuries, if not eons of human interaction for animals to become accustomed to and even domesticated by humans. And remember, these aren't just animals we're talking about. It would take a long, long life alongside humans for Pokemon to realize that breathing fire in a civilized village = bad.

It's possible, however, that you could get the results you want quicker. It may only take a century or two for them to get accustomed, because the only other major difference between animals and Pokemon besides "magic powers" is sapience. They have a sense of perception, are able to emphathize as well as symphathize, demostrate free will, understand logic, and are able to use complex problem solving, all this possibly among other things. There's still, however, a barrier of both language and point of view between humans and Pokemon, like what's acceptable to a Pokemon may not be so in a human's world. The great thing is, both Pokemon and humans are able to take initiative to learn and understand each other's point of view. Your common animal will only ever see things from it's point of view, though some of that is learned (pet mice won't be so quick to run away from your hand as wild mice, for example).

Basically, Pokemon are pretty dang smart, so they'll catch on quick as to what's taboo for life among humans. It's mostly the humans I'm worried about. Pokemon are still beasts and they will fight if provoked, and possibly have a tantrum afterword, too. That's why Pokemon like the Red Gyarados were so dangerous.

Then you've also got people who really, really want humans to be on the top so badly that they're gonna oppose Pokemon just on the grounds of them being too intelligent for "animals" (or walking plants or floating inanimate objects or whatever). I'm sure some people will say it's the devil's work. But only the extremest of the extreme will ever actually believe that. There'll probably be some propaganda about them uprising and overthrowing humans just because they have the power to do it (and they do, technically, if they all did it together in one massive strike), which is really just fear mongering. The news'll focus on isolated incidents. For example, a Raichu, unable to contain his enthusiam, kills little Johnny, age 3. That Raichu is a menace to society, better string'im up by the tail. But honestly, Pokemon don't have the same values or goals as humans, they aren't in this for gain or power or material posessions, at least most of them probably aren't. Humans worrying about them stomping us all out are all probably paranoid anyway and have the worst kind of world view about others in their own race already.

It's the same argument used over and over in stories about robots, and giving robots a free will and the ability to feel emotions, blah blah blah. But wait! The robots can be misused! Hold on, what if their programming falters and they no longer obey that first law of robotics? Just one second, what if someone programs one who is in total control of all its actions, and it sees humans as inferior, creating an army to one day rise against humans? And it goes on.

I dunno. I think at the end of the day, humans fear radical changes, and especially those that they feel could cause an extinction to our race. All in all, the point is it's not going to end well. If you want Pokemon to appear out of the blue today, have at it, I guess. But you won't be alive long enough to enjoy the potential harmony humans and Pokemon could have together. Maybe your great grand kids will.

Last edited:

MegamanDX

Pokemon/Megaman fan
Years
sorry to post without reading the other posts, i just don't have much time.

i think that it pokemon slowly started replacing the animals on earth, the government would somehow intervene and stop us from coming into contact. to "protect" us hahahaha sill government. anyways, I would some how find/steal a charmander from the government and train it so I can battle and defeat the government to release pokemon into the general public for all to experience. silly i know but I would so try to do that!
After I been on this thread for quite some time,This thread got me to question Pokemon being real alltogether...But I still stand with my theorys on pokemon being real...

-animals(or domesticated animals by humans)in the future(100 or more million years in the future)have to evolve in order to compete with humans(intelligence at the same level as humans,use tools that humans use but in a nature way like breath fire ect)...I know that evolution really don't work that way but hey its a theory after all!

-If there are other universes says the miliverse theory(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse) so must worlds like ours but slightly different...There might be a earth where the humans have one hand instead of two,or the buildings might be round shape instead of square or even the animals might look different(like what I said in my first theory)...

There's a chance you know but not likely because the idea of Pokemon came from a human brain and not nature you know....

But to go along with the OP: If Pokemon just apeared out of nowhere,people would really be in disbeleve or slay them just like we would with our creatures here in this world.

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
This thread reminds me of when me and my best friend were talking about Pokemon and he asked me what if they were real.

IllusDark8

I'm to lazy to answer the question but I want to put that, you'd have to find a way to mutate Animal DNA and stuff and I thought that was illegal. Of course, you never know what the government has up their sleeves.

Back