• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite protagonist?

Who is your favorite Protagonist?

• Red

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Leaf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ethan

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Kris

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Lyra

• Brendan

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • May

• Lucas

• Dawn

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Hilbert

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Hilda

• Nate

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Rosa

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
Years
Rosa. I don't know why... She attracted me. In all my games I was male but in White 2 (for no obvious reason) I chose Rosa.

Nes-One

Another Person Into Pokemon
Years
I think my favorite protagonist is a close call between Red, Gold/Ethan, and Hilbert. Cause when I was younger and I saw Red's sprite in the starting screen in pokemon blue I thought he just awesome and he's the first protagonist to start it all. Well I always thought Gold was pretty cool with no real specific reason at all. And Hilbert who is my second favorite next to Red, cause he has long hair and is wearing a hat which is pretty much how I roll too since I have long hair and I like wearing hats, so when I played black for the first time it feel pretty cool to play as a character that reminded me of myself in some ways.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Rosa is the best. She dresses similar to me and I'm so happy there's finally an adorable female protagonist. I don't think I'll ever play B2W2 as a male, which is odd for me, cause I'm usually a male in other games haha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Ethan has always been my favorite, though I call him Gold because I hate the name Ethan. I'm not sure why he's my favorite to be honest, probably because G/S/C are my favorite games.

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
Red looks cool, but Ethan looks cooler and i like Jimmy from the Poke Anime.

Brendan didn't attract me in any way (It's usually the hat.)

Lucas is Red with a Goofy look and feel.

That Black and White 2 guy looks like a Mexican soccer player and has cargo shorts(Ew)

And that guy from Black and White looks so cool, but barely gets beaten by Ethan in my opinion.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Based purely on design...

Males: Ethan > Red > Hilbert > Lucas > Nate > Brendan
Females: Kris > Dawn > Leaf > May > Hilda > Rosa > Lyra
All: Ethan > Kris > Red > Dawn > Leaf > May > Hilda > Hilbert > Lucas > Rosa > Nate > Brendan > Lyra

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
I would probably say May's my favorite character of all time. She reminds me of Red because of the looks, except she wears a bandana and black shorts and the gloves are white.

After playing Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, and playing as her on Ruby for the first time (I always played as Brendan during my late childhood,) she started to grow on me.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Female: Hilda. She's the oldest, and I also think she's the most attractive. Really badass design, too.

Male: I'd say Red. Universal design that was meant to be appealing to all.

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
Red. Defiantly Red, I like a lot of the others too, but Red, wins my vote hands down. Why? Nostalgia.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Either Red, Hilbert or Rosa. I can't really pick between the three.

lucaspontes

One of Them
Years
Nate, based completely on design. Red comes close, and Ethan to a lesser degree. The worst is definitely Lyra, based both on design and character.

Back