• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you like the new Pokemon?

Did you like the Sinnoh Pokemon?

• Yes, they were awesome!

Votes: 34 82.9%
  • No,they were uncreative and dodgy.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I don't really have an opinion on them...

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
I liked the new Pokemon introduced in 4th gen. Seriously, aside from the real obvious reason; the further evolution and pre-evolution of summa da older Pokemon. Leafeon is automatic win. LOL

They did have a couple of original gen introduced Pokemon I actually like. Including the Starly-line and Shinx-line, I also was quite fond of the Finneon-line and the Stunky-line.

Basically, after 2nd gen 4th is my all-time favorite.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
als.

Off-topic: But now? Unova? Half of the new Pokemon are just disgusting to me. Maybe I just have to get used to them, and I've tried, but I don't even know half the names of the Pokemon or even what animals they are supposed to represent. A coffin? An icecream? I never knew they were animals. .

Pokemon don't have to be animals. Magnemite, Jnyx, Mr.Mine, Solrock, Lunatone, Solrock, Grimer, Muk, Cherrim ,the list goes on of non-animal Pokemon.

Anyway back on-topic. I didn't like them at first , but they ended up growing on me. There was alot that ended up being my favorites. Though some of the evolutions were unnecessary imo, but there's alot of good ones.

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
I myself hate Leafon's design. Though, Glaceon looks boss. And i love the Stunky line too. It's so creative!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I was one of those people who didn't really like the new Pokemon of the fourth generation at first (unlike the fifth generation which was a different story) but grew to like them. Now some of my favorite Pokemon, such as Roserade, Togekiss, as well as Pokemon who aren't a generation evolution like Cherrim are among my favorite. However, out of the generations besides the evolutions from past generations I still find it to be the most lacking.

Years
I don't really have an opinion on the Pokemon of the D/P/PT generation, as the Pokemon were a change then what was seen in the previous generations and that was that, it was merely a change. I really have a neutral opinion, some of the Pokemon designs I loved and others I didn't just like any other generation.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
With additions such as Empoleon, Glameow, Garchomp, and Magmortar, how could I not love Sinnoh's Pokemon just as much as I love all the others? Sure, they might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think their diversity is great and I actually appreciated the evolutions that were given to older Pokemon. It made them even more desirable again.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
Sinnoh was my second favourite region. Hoenn being my first. I loved the new additions to the pokedex. Even though some of them were way too OP *cough* Garchomp *cough* *cough* Cynthia's Garchomp D:< *cough*

Years
At first I didn't really like these guys but after some time grew to be okay with them, though sadly that's as high as it went. Some are awesome but most of them aren't too memorable for me, so I don't really have an opinion. Sinnoh Pokemon are the ones I train the least, usually without even realizing!

weasel king

Cubone Lord and Dragon Master
Years
I liked the Sinnoh Pokemon, definitely, most particularly Gallade, Lucario, Porygon-Z, Empoleon and Garchomp. A few, like Rhyperior, were kind of unnecessary, IMO.
Rhyperior is worse than anything. It is like Remoraid-Octillery. Looks Nothing like Rhydon-Rhyhorn.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Rhyperior is worse than anything. It is like Remoraid-Octillery. Looks Nothing like Rhydon-Rhyhorn.

I'd have to disagree with you there on the point that Rhyperior doesn't look like its pre-evolutions. I think although it's darker in colour, larger in size and overall stronger, it does resemble its pre-evolutions with the bulky body, rocky tail and drilling horn.

Last edited:

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I really like them. Like others, I really hated them at the start, but I have grown to love them! Some of my favourite Pokemon came from this Generation like Roserade, Lucario and Floatzel. It took a while, but they came around. Hope its the same for gen 5....

weasel king

Cubone Lord and Dragon Master
Years
I loved Gabite and Garchomp, but Gible sucked. Its body is too small and its head is way too big!

I'd have to disagree with you there on the point that Rhyperior doesn't look like its pre-evolutions. I think although it's darker in colour, larger in size and overall stronger, it does resemble its pre-evolutions with the bulky body, rocky tail and drilling horn.
I just think it was too unnessecary. Rhydon is very good.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I voted "I don't really have an opinion on them".

It's not entirely fair I do like some of the 4th gen pokemon, it's just compared to the other gens (including the 5th gen) I don't feel they were as good overall. Not just that but there was a severe lack of new fire pokemon.

I've grown to like some over time.....but it's not the same as having that instant love for something.

Most of the 4th gen pokemon that I do like are related to pokemon from other gens, like Roserade and Togekiss.

Last edited:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Yes, I believe that the fourth gen produced a wonderful bunch of new pokemon. Even tho I generally like mostly all pokemon, sinnoh introduced a very unique blend that time around, as well as soom being very cool, cute, weird(in the good way). Also, I dont beleive there are to many new pokes of gen four that I actually dislike(only feel indifferen to). The exception would be say piplup? :/ I dont know why i just dont exactly like how it looks, doesnt mean I dont like the pokemon tho). Empoleon looks totally awesome tho.

Some of my favorite pokemon that debuted in 4th gen are Lickilicky, Mamoswine, and munchlax.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Off-topic: But now? Unova? Half of the new Pokemon are just disgusting to me. Maybe I just have to get used to them, and I've tried, but I don't even know half the names of the Pokemon or even what animals they are supposed to represent. A coffin? An icecream? I never knew they were animals

I agree completely and I don't think B/W 2 are going to be much better. But Pearl's pokémon were different -- they had life and you could notice the effort they had put into most of them. Though Pachirisu was just like Pikachu, only they changed it's shape from a mouse to a squirrel and made it white instead of yellow. Otherwise it had the same facial detail, they are both electric type and their names are not much different from each other.

So yes, I enjoyed the wonderful fourth generation pokémon. A few had their flaws, but no where near as many as the fifth gen. Lillipup and Herdier are a perfect example. I mean, why just place a dog in the game and call it a pokémon? The same goes to a lot more of B/W. The story line and all that was okay and that's what kept me from hating PB. That and Snivy. He was awesome. :D

Years
I overall liked the Sinnoh Pokemon, and the moveset they had, but there were some flaws in the game's new Pokemon; overall, though, as I stated; it was pretty good.

Pryze

Straight chillin
Years
I loved every aspect of Sinnoh, especially the new Pokes, a lot of them are now my favorites.

Back