• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Live in the past or the present?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Think of your daily life in the present. Now think of the same, in your past.

Which would you rather spend the rest of your life in?

Years
It might be interesting to be able to go back and look at how things were in the past, but there's no reason I'd want to go back and start living from there again. What's done is done.

Years
I think I'd say the present. Things were much easier for me in the past, but that was mostly because I was a kid and thus didn't have a lot of obligations back then. I can't go back to not having the freedom of adulthood. Sure, I struggle, but I feel far better independent than I did as a kid.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
There's not been much change between the past and the present, so I'd prefer to live in the past. Wouldn't mind being a kid again :)

Crux

Evermore
Years
Present.
No matter what happened in the past, that's how it should stay, the past.
I live for the moment.

♪ Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter and sing for the tear
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away ♪​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
"The Past is the Past". While there are times in which I could go back it's not something I should go back and live in. My life may not be the best right now but I'm sure that one day it'll get better, rather than going back and living in the past, reliving what I've already went and lived.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dunno that I would want to repeat things that happened to me, so I would choose to live in the present.

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
...how far back are we talking here? I'd love to go back to a time when I was eight or so, back when I didn't have a care in the world. I wouldn't want to live my teenage years over again - too many problems, both real and imagined - but being a kid again could be quite fun, especially if I was mature enough mentally to appreciate just how damn lucky I was.

Although I'd probably get bored of it after a while; it'd be far too easy. I can't remember the last time I was actually happy, but those rare moments of contentment in the present probably mean more to me because of their scarcity. There is less of life in the present for me to appreciate, but what little there is I appreciate all the more for it. Nothing to do but push forward, I suppose.

Back