• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
That DIDN'T work, or else I wouldn't be here asking. The window just closes a split second after I drag the mid into mid2agb.exe, and there's no .s file created (nor any file, for that matter)
I've even tested the example mid that came with it, and nothing.

I've encountered that same problem with other midis before. Yeah, it means there's something in the midi that the tool can't convert, so there was no .s file created.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Thanks, that was... helpful?
Now, time to tamper some more with the mid files...

Somewhere in the toolbar of Anvil Studio there is a 'Repair Midi' button (I think it's the 'File' one...). Click that and say yes to everything except the program change question. That should fix your Midi and allow for the creation of the S file.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
But ASM scripting is very hard. And in all my attemps i crash game.

Also. What is this F***in adress of ASM controling Wild Battle and Trainer Themes?

It would be more simpler when someone told me where is this adress.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
But ASM scripting is very hard.

It is NOT scripting. It is programming. There's a massive difference.

And in all my attemps i crash game.

Yeah, it's hard compared to XSE scripting, but it is NOT that hard. You're better to keep trying until you get it right rather than just give it up like you have.

Also. What is this F***in adress of ASM controling Wild Battle and Trainer Themes?

It would be more simpler when someone told me where is this adress.

Unfortunately, I'm not a Ruby hacker and I don't know. And you will find there are, unfortunately, very few Ruby ASM hackers (probably none).

Most people hack FireRed and Emerald because the engine is vastly superior to Ruby's. I have a tutorial on how to do it for FireRed, and Emerald's fairly simple to extend, since it's already in a table-ised format.

At a guess, I'd say Ruby uses the same table format. Problem is, the table doesn't contain just the music data, it contains pointers to ASM. The ASM it points to loads the music ID.

Very basic ASM hacking skills are required to do it, but it's certainly not hard.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
09SCHol.png

Help? Can't get mid2agb to work.Can't understand the error message either
This happens with any mid file...

I understand the error. If you read my tutorial, you would know not to have spaces or numbers in your file name. That renders the instructions unreadable. It was most likely fine at first before putting in a number. Also, make sure in anvil studio to click export midi format-0, not save.

uliekztrollface?

U MAD BRO?
Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
Hi, I was wondering where would be the best and safest places to get Advance-Trainer and PKSV (The scripting program)? I have checked the toolbox on here, but A-Trainer's mirror link is the same as one posted on Youtube where several people claimed it have a trojan...
Many people apparently use Whack A Hack, but I've heard many reports of it having viruses.
This is a rather vexing issue.

P.S-Is there any simple way to:
a) Access the coded sprites and soundtracks from R/S in Advance Map (I'm using FireRed)
b) Easily change the soundtrack of a battle? (e.g make your rival use the R/S rival theme)
Many thanks in advance :)

uliekztrollface?

U MAD BRO?
Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
Thanks for the link to get A-Trainer :)
However, with regards to XSE, I'm really not good at scripting at all, so I find the user-friendly interface of PKSV more convenient.
About music-Well, I'm not really bothered with Sappy, and sorry, I didn't
know that only a select few tracks from R/S were in the coding-my bad.
Thanks for responding quickly to my post :)

GoGoJJTech

Years
You could always just export them from ruby to FR, then change the instruments around.

uliekztrollface?

U MAD BRO?
Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
Heh thanks but I'm just going to stick to the basics :)
Oh yeah I've seen some of your FireRed soundtrack insertion vids-they're pretty
impressive actually (such as Alder's theme in FireRed)
The link to A-Trainer was much appreciated by myself and my brother; thank you very much :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
@gogojjtech

Sorry. I thought that being a command-line program it shouldn't make a difference, yet it did.
It didn't solve the problem, however. Luckily, I could time the printscreen to show the error output (which seems to be with the .mid file)
This is the mid file, I hope it helps
19c6vwM.png

GoGoJJTech

Years
I don't know why it isn't working. Maybe there's a command in the MIDI that it just can't convert?

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2016
Where can I download an old version of XSE? The new one does not have a level script button.

GoGoJJTech

Years
They all have level script buttons, you just need to open a ROM before you can actually view a level script.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
@gogojjtech

Sorry. I thought that being a command-line program it shouldn't make a difference, yet it did.
It didn't solve the problem, however. Luckily, I could time the printscreen to show the error output (which seems to be with the .mid file)
This is the mid file, I hope it helps
19c6vwM.png

You did the Repair Midi thing, right? Can you upload the midi? I want to take a look at it.

I have opened my rom, and still do not see it.
You can view level scripts from Advance Map with XSE, under the headers tab. IIRC there is also a bug with XSE where it may not load certain level scripts.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
Actually, it's not just going to load a level script if there's no offset for it to load from. Put in the offset of the level script, click decompile, then try

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
Guys i'm sorry if this has been asked before. but i don't have the time to check 1039 pages.
I use YAPE 0.9 but when i open a rom it says "error reading base stats". does anyone know how to fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back