• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Plot Bunny Thread

Is Fire Emblem: Conjoinst Souls something that you'd be interested in reading?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Is there any way for Sakura to escape what would kill her? Does she have to pull a soul into her body? Could one of her traveling companions help save her, if she has them? Does Sakura have the same exact powers as Midoriko?

Think the plot over and see if there's any way to get Sakura out of death's way. Maybe something that happened previously could change, or think about what could happen and how Sakura could get out of there.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Hey everyone!

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Turtleking (TK for short) and I was quite a frequent writer in this forum a while ago. Most of you guys here know me for my Trainerfic - Poke Special Manga: DP which was my interpretation of the Diamond & Pearl games. It was an extremely fun fic to write (I actually went back and read it all this week and was entertained by it; sad that I never got to finish it). In recent years (months even) I've popped up with a few fic ideas that just didn't seem to fall through. I had an interest in writing Digimon fics, but I just couldn't figure out a unique plot for me to actual complete a fic. I've also tried different fics in my own time, but I found myself bored with it.

With all of that being said (and I know it's quite a lot), I'm please to announce that I am currently done with the preliminary stages of a Pokemon fanfiction that I think will be a great story. The story of this RP is somewhat revolved around the game Pokemon Conquest (for those of you that don't know this game or have never played it, please Google it; it's awesome!). To get an idea of where I am currently at in my writing, let's just say I am done with the creating the main characters and villains, and I have a generalization of how many chapters I plan on writing (roughly 7 volumes and 100 chapters). To some people, it seems like a lot, but I've accomplished this before with my most successful fiction (I believe I stopped at 80 for PSM: DP).

The title of this fic is in the works because this fic is somewhat based on a previous fic/RP that I had titled the Elite Army (a group of Ace Trainers ban together to conquer evil, yadda yadda yadda). However, I don't want to call it Elite Army. As for now, an idea for titles are "Pokemon Revolution" or "Pokemon Rebellion". Those titles probably suck (XD) but please feel free to let me know your opinion after you look at this brief plot for my fanfiction. Keep in mind that this is in an alternate universe from the "traditional" Pokemon world:

"In the region of Ransei, many people believe in different things...

There are people who believe the myth that their land was created in the image of creator Pokemon... a land where humans and Pokemon alike can work together on one accord. This peace between the species is seen as the driving force towards the success and progression of life in this world.

There are people who believe in competition... the frequent acts of several different activities that people and Pokemon can participate in. Whether if it is battling in the annual region-wide Tournament or participating in the Grand Festival for coordinating competitions, humans and Pokemon share time working towards their goals of perfection.

And then there are people who believe in manifest destiny... the thought that if a person wants something, whether if it is free or belongs to someone else, they have the right to take it if it is within their power. Without any regard for the current condition or thoughts of anyone else, manifest destiny could be potentially tragic and chaotic for any civilization.

This, unfortunately, is the current state of Ransei region. With the re-election of the Dragnor province's ambassador as the Ransei region's sovereign, the entire area is in a state of shock and turmoil. With new policies and laws being initiated across the seventeen provinces, many people are confused as to whether or not they should revolt against the sovereign. People are being limited to the number of Pokemon they can catch, what type of Pokemon they can catch, and a host of other blasphemous practices. However, no one dares to challenge the sovereign's authority due to his extreme power... not to mention his equally as powerful Pokemon team.

With these turbulent times present, who can anyone put an end to the ominous reign of the sovereign?"

Of course, there's more to this story than just the plot above, but this is the general plot on the surface. Let me know what you guys think! I'm open to all forms of constructive criticism. Feel free to post them here or perhaps PM me or VM me. I will begin working on the first chapter of this fic some time next week so be on the look out for it!

~TK

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2013
Mewtwo and the Awakened Clonemon

I'll be working on a Pokémon spin-off fanfiction after ExtremeSpeed Genesect is released. It will feature Mewtwo as the main protagonist. My story is about Mewtwo reuniting with his Cloned Pokémon only to find out that the clones have awakened as well. It's called "Mewtwo and the Awakened Clonemon." It's set after the events of ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening, so that it makes sense to everyone.

Clonemon (KLOAN-EH-MAHN) is a portmanteau of "Clone" and "Pokémon."

I'm going to share more details later in the future. So please stay tuned...

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Even though this isn't a fully detailed post, you can still post plot ideas in the Plot Bunny thread. I'll move this over to there, and when you're ready to add more details, you can just post there.

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2013
I'll be working on a Pokémon spin-off fanfiction after ExtremeSpeed Genesect is released. It will feature Mewtwo as the main protagonist. My story is about Mewtwo reuniting with his Cloned Pokémon only to find out that the clones have awakened as well. It's called "Mewtwo and the Awakened Clonemon." It's set after the events of ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening, so that it makes sense to everyone.

Clonemon (KLOAN-EH-MAHN) is a portmanteau of "Clone" and "Pokémon."

I'm going to share more details later in the future. So please stay tuned...

Alright, here are some bios for some of my characters:

MEWTWO

Mewtwo was once a brutal-hearted clone of Mew associated with Team Rocket. But then became compassionate towards humans and Pokémon. Mewtwo would later become the leader of the Clonemon in this fanfiction.

DENDROSAUR (Portmanteau of the Latin prefix "Dendron" and Venusaur.)

Dendrosaur was a clone of Corey's Venusaur in Mewtwo Strikes Back. He went on to live in the wilderness along with the rest of the clones. Eventually, after a battle with a rival Venusaur, Dendrosaur finally awakened and was able to transform into his own Awakened Forme, a fern-winged dragon with wooden horns.

CHARZILLA (Portmanteau of Charizard and Godzilla.)

Charzilla was a clone of Ash Ketchum's Charizard. He moved to Charicific Valley after the events of Mewtwo Returns. Gradually, after completing his training, Charzilla would later awaken and transform into his Awakened Forme, a bipedal reptile-like beast with flames on his back and retractable blade on his arms. (Similar to Baraka from Mortal Kombat)

BLASTACEAN (Portmanteau of Blastoise and crustacean.)

Blastacean was a clone of Neesha's Blastoise. He had gone to the ocean to live there. Finally, after defeating an evil sea monster, Blastacean gradually awakened and gained the ability to morph into his Awakened Forme, a crab-like creature with cannons on the top of his claws.

Remember, I will not start on my fanfiction until I watch the English dub of Extremespeed Genesect on Cartoon Network.

It's like a cross between Justice League, Transformers, and Godzilla in the Pokémon universe! What do you think of my idea?

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
I have a new idea for a Digimon fanfiction called "Digimon Aura Force". I have barely made the basic plot, and it will have a mix of both official Digimons and those of my creation.

In DAF, the chosen are teenagers from around the world trapped in an online Digimon Game, and meet up with all sorts of Digital friends and foes. Their Digimon Partners digivolve using something called "Digi-Aura". There will be representative Chosen from cities such as Tokyo, London, Boston, Rio, Paris, Cairo, Sydney, Moscow, Mumbai, Dallas, Nairobi, and more. They will have to work together and save both of their worlds from obliteration.

Any ideas for plot, human characters, Digimon (both fanmade AND original are fine), etc will be appreciated.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
This kind of reminds me of Digimon World 3 and Lord Archive's Diaries universe, with the characters from all over the world (Lord Archive) being trapped in an online game (Digimon World 3).

How many characters are you looking to write about? Even if you pick one character from each country that you have listed, that's eleven right there. If you had more countries or want to write about groups of characters from all these countries, that's a lot to juggle around. If you also want to develop their Digimon as characters (which, speaking from experience, can be helpful), that at least doubles your character count.

You might want to rethink how many characters you want to write about. Pick a few from around the world that you can develop well enough and write about them. Maybe have a few that know each other and a few that are outsiders but get stuck with the group.

There's not much to say about the plot itself, so that's why I'm focusing on the amount of characters.

Toutebelle

Banned
Years
I need some advice for a planned fanfic.

I wrote a fanfic about Red a few months ago that showed him returning home. I am planning on writing a sequel to it that details Red's life back in Pallet Town. Red thinks things will go well, but as it turns out, he is having difficulty adapting to life in Pallet Town. He was used to a simple life alone, where he did pretty much everything himself. Now he's back in a life full of technology, socializing, and comfort - which he's been away from for years. I'm trying to think of things that Red can do to show that he's not used to life at home.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Basics might be using the technology around his home. Things like the television, microwave, washer and dryer for clothes, or even an oven/stove will be strange to Red. Depending on how he got his supplies while traveling, he might be uncomfortable doing any sort of shopping or eating out at restaurants. And while he is walking the streets of Pallet, he could be really uncomfortable being surrounded by people and having no easy way to get away from them. You could have him find the bed difficult to sleep in, and he could bring out his sleeping bag and just lay it on the floor, sleeping in that. Whenever someone talks to him, he doesn't know how to answer because he's been on his own with only his Pokemon.

There's more, but I don't know how much detail you want to go into, since I don't know how you planned Red's journey and how he handled that. Just think of anything that you'd miss while being away from home and civilization (indoor plumbing, electricity), and translate that to Red's confusion.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Okay seriousness, koff~

I'm not one to write much fluffy talk. Most of mine is somewhat clear cut, dark, bloody, violent, and sometimes nudity is involved, and much blood usually follows . . . err. That's sounds worse than it actually is.

I have a story right now that I've been blocked with for a little bit of time.
I somehow always find ways to improve upon the thing though, even if it's at random intervals. I might have some time to go through and finish a few things (I work in pages, not so much chapters, because I get more done that way) but I think some of it is decent enough to post at the present moment and change it as I go along.
With the right motivation, I can make wonders, koffi~

edit: I guess I didn't ask my question. Someone care to look at it and tell me if it's fine for this forum (PC)? I'm new here (not to blogs or forums by far) and don't want to step on anyone's toes.

Edit: I haven't tried my hand at writing anything related to pokemon, however. Any takers? Anyone wish to see how it is in the Grim Dark future? Too bad, now there isn't a choice. Without further ado a Warhammer 40,000 piece. May I present The Fourteenth

The smell of blood and electricity clung to the air like a thick, sickening fog. Several electro candles cast a dim glow, causing violent shadows to dance across the walls. The pulling of meat and the cracking of bone echoed around the small chamber. There was a faint sound of prayers flowing from some undetermined location. Andra nodded towards the nearby chirurgeon and the screaming continued for a short while. Another crack; Andra preferred to keep her distance from the heretic, but it couldn't be helped in such confined spaces. Andra motioned for the chirurgeon to move away so she could approach the prisoner. The chirurgeon turned to the left to allow Andra to step forward. The prisoner looked up at Andra through fear soaked eyes, the pain clearly plain on their face. Silent tears streaked down the prisoner's cheeks. Andra leaned in close so that the prisoner could hear her. "What attack?" no response. The prisoner hung her head and went slack in the restraints. Andra gripped the throat of the prisoner and squeezed her neck, forcing her to look up at her. "What attack?" She repeated through gritted teeth. Blood dripped from the heretic's chin onto her breasts. The prisoner looked into Andra's eyes once again; the fear that was previously present was now absent. The heretic's eyes were a beautiful shade of crimson-pink and aswirling of unknown shades of purple. The prisoner slowly opened and closed her eyes, almost in an attempt to seduce Andra. Andra sneered at the prisoner and slapped her face, hard. Blood poured from the prisoner's left eye. The heretic's mouth contorted to plant an unnaturally large smile upon her face. Several sharp and uneven teeth formed in her mouth and punched through her gums, giving the heretic an unsettling appearance. The heretic began to laugh hysterically "I know something you don't! And that scares you!" The heretic's eyes were now crazed and her irises shaked unnaturally. "I know! I know you're dead! I'm already dead, sister, and then we'll finally be dead together!" The prisoner's laugh was becoming more frantic. The heretic's body shook with convulsions, making the chains clank and rattle. Her laughs slowly turned into pitiful sobs. Tears rolled down her face, mixing with her blood. She looked up at Andra and seemed to have a break of sanity and recalled her situation. Her face contorted again to reveal her natural self once again. The heretic tore herself from Andra's gaze with a hint of shame. She looked sullen and regretful. "Sister. . . I have seen things. I--" there was a loud crack, and then silence. Andra holstered her still smoking bolt pistol. The chirurgeon looked sideways at Andra. "I fear we have not gained much from this..." the chirurgeon gestured at the lifeless corpse of the dead heretic as she said this "Prisoner. Besides the knowledge of an impending attack upon the Golden Throne; though we know not where it shall originate from or when exactly it shall transpire, Sister Superior." the chirurgeon voxed through her helm. Andra held a data slate depicting what had been burned into the back of the heretic, which was not just any common heretic, she was a former battle sister. It was always unfortunate to lose a member of the Ecclesiarchy, but having one turn traitor was embarrassing and hurtful. The bluish glow from the data slate lit Andra's face ever so slightly in the gloom, highlighting her pale features; the image of the eight-pointed star with an eye at the center seemed to stare back at Andra through the data slate. The chirurgeon moved closer to Andra. "Sister Superior?" The chirurgeon glanced at the Sister, unsure of her thoughts. "Sister Superior?" The chirurgeon repeated on moving closer; she believed Andra had not heard her. Andra spat one word, filled with hatred and anger: "Chaos."

I know there is no spacing or paragraphs here, but it should be read as a single page, not a commingling of several thoughts. I hope you look it over and give me something to work with. Also, it takes me a little bit of time to write this stuff, as I don't want it to look all 'dinky' and what not. It gets more gory as time goes along. Not only are people shot in the face, but I make a point to go into detail on how the brain matter and skull fragments affect the world around them.

edit: now that I see it, I may need to change it so it's much more 'readable'. It hurts to look at it almost. Any tips on that aspect? Make it larger, spacing, etc?

edit: I made the section larger to be a bit easier on the eyes.

Last edited:

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Hey, koff~

Just a note: please do not delete either of my posts (this and the one above). Please go the extra mile and notify me to fix it and I'll combine them if need be. I really don't like taking the time to type several paragraphs and have them disappear into cyberspace because they were posted one after the other. To be fair, it's been a few days (four to be exact) and I believe that this post would make more sense and read easier on it's own. Thank you.

Since I have not received any feedback, I suppose I'm going to let the Fourteenth lie where it is, as there is little to no demand from the young 'uns here. The violent future will probably not serve much purpose here on the Poke Community forums. Buckets of blood seem to be fine and all from what I understand in the rules section, but my forms of death are filled with juicy details on how each person dies. So, I've decided not to work further upon this story for this forum. Instead, I have a few ideas that would be more acceptable for this forum.

Pokemon related, considerably less death (and less spilling of intestines), no decapitations, no guns, and an easier story for me to control. If you ever pick up a book from the Black Library, you'll see that they're pumped full of detail, and if you do not know what a bolter, las rifle, multi-melta, titan, or any weapons/species/items, it will take me additional time to actually lay out what it does, how it functions, etc. So, I already have an idea I'm playing with and I'm going to hold a sort of mini-contest. I need someone to submit me some characters to challenge a gym leader! They may appear in the story if I deem them of fine enough quality!

Here is what I'm looking for from you:

1. A name. You have to have a name for this. If you can't come up with a feasible name, maybe this isn't for you (I'm sure you can do it).

2. The gender, of course.

3. The type of person they are, whether they are rude, snide, shy, angry, etc.

4. The description of this person. Large, small, skinny, short, fat, tall, old, young, clean, dirty, etc. This is important, and will possible be a factor in how they may shape the story. Also, what do they wear? Put age in here.

5. The type of Pokemon they like use. This should be self-explanatory, but I'll help you out anyway: ugly Pokemon, tall, steel, electric, blue, baby, etc. Try and pick out a few Pokemon they walk around with.

6. What type of Pokemon do they despise? Bugs? Dark? Use the same format for the dislikes as the likes.

7. Are they competitive? How would they act if they won or lost? How would they react against their least favorite Pokemon?

8. How should they appear in the story? Just show up? Fly in? Dig? Teleport? Walk into the story? Use your imagination.

9. Any issues I should be worried about?

10. A little back story for them. I need this to see a little bit about how they should act in my story.

A couple rules about this:

You may submit two characters. No more.
You cannot have any qualms of my using this character in my story.
You fork over the majority of the rights to me (i.e. anything else other than what you've submitted.)
You may not copy any other character from anyone else. It has to be yours. If you break this rule, then you'll have to hear from whoever I 'stole' this character from.
Don't worry if you don't see your character if I've said you've won. Writing takes time.

Other than that, you should be fine. Here is an example of the minimum entry:

Spoiler:

Sorry, it's quite rough around the edges, but if you can improve upon it and throw it in my PM box or on here, that'd be appreciated. I haven't tried my hand at Pokemon fiction before, so this'll be a new experience for me. I need a few ideas for challengers that could either win or lose (depends on how I'd like to spin the story) and I think this is a good way for some people to partake in this story and add that extra special something.

I know the rules are cut with a chainsaw, so if someone could look at them and see if they can form them a bit better (I'm quite tired at this time) that'd be great. Give me PMs, criticisms are welcome. I haven't laid out the entire story out on paper yet, but I think this will help it along. Good luck, and I hope I receive lots of things to flip through. feel free to flesh out your characters a bit. Those ten bullets aren't all inclusive, so feel free to think outside the box, koffi~

Also, since this kind of ties into plot, I'd like to keep it here and not create a separate thread. That seems like a waste of space. Remember to PM me and not delete anything. It's tedious and I kind of need this stuff to further my plot points, which is what this thread is about. I work in chaos and it'd help if I could pass off some work to someone else and make them feel happy about it.

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
So, I am making a sci-fi story which is original. I have made some copies of it in the past and they turned out to be rubbish and I was forced to rewrite em. Well here's a prologue of it and I want some suggestions on how to expand this... I have the plot planned out, characters and all, the problem is how to execute em... :3

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Okay, here's one for a fic based on the Anime. I also posted this on Serebii.net, but I'm bringing it here too because I genuinely want to know what people think of it.

Okay, so I've always been a huge fan of the hurt/comfort genre, particularly when it involves comforting children. It just warms my heart. And my favorite of Ash's pokemon is Snivy. She's a badass, she's distant...but she's also caring. What's not to love? I was thinking one day: what if I were to combine these two elements? Okay, so Snivy seems to have a soft spot for children that she keeps hidden relatively well, judging by that small smile on her face as she watches Axew and Scraggy playing. And it's shown that she cares about her teammates mental state in the episode [the name escapes me at the moment] where she encourages Tepig in the fight against his old trainer, and defends him from an oncoming attack, getting knocked out in the process. So, how would she react to a thoroughly traumatized baby pokemon? Okay, so my idea for a story is that Ash, Iris and Cilan come across an injured Pichu and rush it to the nearest Pokémon Center. Concerned, Ash decides maybe it would be best to keep it around for a while. [I still need to think of a reason to keep the little guy around and capture it...] The problem? The Pichu is terrified of pretty much everything, and flinches away at even the slightest touch. It devours its food at mealtimes. Unbeknownst to him, whenever the other Pokémon are out, Snivy is studying him carefully. It eventually culminates in Ash brining out all the Pokémon for a training session. He asks the Pichu if he would like to train against Scraggy, and the Pichu, thinking he has no choice, reluctantly agrees. As everyone notes during the battle, he holds up rather well. He ultimately loses the battle and ends up having a full-on panic attack, then runs off, much to the shock of everyone involved, including Snivy. Ash runs after it, but isn't fast enough. Meanwhile, Snivy is just staring in the direction the Pichu ran, apparently recognizing the symptoms of abuse. The group spends some time looking for it. Snivy, lost in thought, ends up getting separated from everyone else. She internally scolds herself, then hears what sounds like crying coming from a knothole in a tree. She goes to investigate, and finds the Pichu inside, curled up in a ball, crying softly. Snivy tentatively tries to place a vine whip on his shoulder as a form of comfort, but he panics at the touch, looks over at Snivy in terror and retreats further into the knothole. Snivy eventually succeeds at gently coaxing him out [translated for your convenience] and gently yet firmly demands to know how bad the abuse was. The Pichu is shocked that she knew, and she simply tells him that she recognized the signs. So the Pichu tells his backstory. To say the least, it makes Charmander, Chimchar and Tepig look spoiled rotten. [I'll probably go into further detail later. This would probably net the story an M rating just for this flashback. I want it to be as graphic and brutally cruel as possible because I find that the more painful a characters life has been, the more rewarding it is when they finally find happiness.] After the flashback ends, Snivy is downright shocked. She then spends a couple paragraphs having to comfort the crying Pichu. Maybe even pulling a Bulbasaur and rocking him to sleep with Vine Whip while singing a lullaby. Aaaand immediately afterwards, Tranquill shows up, commenting on how cute then whole thing was. Snivy responds with a stern glance, saying "Not a word of this to anyone. Got it?" The others arrive shortly afterward. Cilan comes to the obvious conclusion that the Pichu had been abused, and Ash decides to keep it around and give it a good life. and the rest of the story would involve Snivy privately helping the Pichu open up to the others [resulting in starting a friendship with Axew and Scraggy and maybe a mentor in Pikachu.] A late chapter would involve one of the Pichu's past abusers showing up, recognizing the Pichu and making a snide remark to Ash about how weak and pathetic it it. Then challenges Ash to a battle. And Snivy just happened to be right there the entire time. I probably shouldn't have to tell you that Snivy goes full-on Mama Bear and completely sweeps the entire team, then gives the trainer himself a couple vine whips for good measure, all without Ash's instrcutions [in fact, all he gets to say is "Um...Snivy, you should...uh, hit him....]. But you know what? I am Captain Obvious! It is my duty to do so! So I just have to fit in the scene where the Pichu calls Snivy "Mommy" for the first time and we're golden. Also, the one response I got to this idea on Serebii was brilliant: it's a first person fic, from Snivy's point of view.

I'm just so curious as to what you guys think. Every time I get an idea in my head, I get so excited and just have to share it with someone and see what they think. And I am now worried I messed up somehow, and there's an entirely different forum dedicated to Anime fics...

Toutebelle

Banned
Years
I am planning on writing a Christmas-related fic for Pokemon X and Y.

The point of the story is that Calem has a fight with his father on Christmas Eve, and it leaves him feeling miserable. (BTW, in my fics, Calem lives with both of his parents.) Calem feels sad about it afterwards and thinks that he ruined the holidays for himself. What do you think they could fight about - or something that could provoke a fight between the two? (It can be anything - I'd appreciate all the help I can get.)

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I am planning on writing a Christmas-related fic for Pokemon X and Y.

The point of the story is that Calem has a fight with his father on Christmas Eve, and it leaves him feeling miserable. (BTW, in my fics, Calem lives with both of his parents.) Calem feels sad about it afterwards and thinks that he ruined the holidays for himself. What do you think they could fight about - or something that could provoke a fight between the two? (It can be anything - I'd appreciate all the help I can get.)
Hmm... well, it is the holidays, so there's a lot to fight about. :P

A lot of family could be over, making it so that Calem is running about taking care of everyone and not giving him a moments rest or any privacy. All this emotion is building, so when Calem's dad asks him to do something that requires a lot of effort, like running to the store or shoveling off the path to the front door if there's snow, Calem could snap.

Calem could want to go to a really cool Christmas Eve party, but his father won't let him.

There's a couple scenarios that I came up with off the top of my head. Hopefully they help!

krabbypatz93

August Burns Red FTW
Years
  • Age 31
  • AZ
  • Seen Mar 19, 2014
An idea that recently popped into my head is actually a kind of a cool sounding plot.

It would be a Pokemon fic. The main character is a spy who works for the Pokemon Police Headquarters, and he happens to be the best member for his position. His job mainly involves undercover work investigating the underground works of the Kanto and Johto regions (as the main base for the headquarters is located in Johto). He finds clues that lead to him to find evidence of a criminal organization experimenting with Shadow Pokemon. Thus, he sets out on a mission to stop this criminal organization before they can achieve their evil goals of making legendary Pokemon into shadow Pokemon to use at their disposal for an attempt at supreme rule.

I also plan on one of the supporting characters to be a Pokemon trainer whose gotten himself tangled up with the bad guys in some way just for a cool little twist :b

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'm often drawn to fics involving shadow pokemon, haha. Seems like an interesting basis for the story.

Given Cipher were the canonical team working with them, would theybe the organisation in Kanto/Johto? If not, what influence would they have had then? And what legendary Pokemon would they be targeting/any specific role for them in mind for the criminal organisation?

krabbypatz93

August Burns Red FTW
Years
  • Age 31
  • AZ
  • Seen Mar 19, 2014
I did some deeper thinking, and I got an even better idea:

Nascour, chief executive of Cipher, breaks out of the Orre in jail (the man's gotta have some kinda connections :P) and escaped to the Johto region to start anew with his evil plan, continuing with his new team of followers which carry the Cipher name. The Pokemon he's aimed at turning into shadow Pokemon are the ones that Cipher used in the past, but were freed by Wes (so pretty much, all the Johto legendaries), and maybe I could throw in the bird trio of Kanto in the mix.

I think I could impliment Team Rocket somehow, I was planning it to be a post-Team Rocket era, but maybe the stragglers could be used :b It's up in the air, since the idea for this fic is fairly fresh.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2020
The idea of Shadow Pokemon from the post above me plus something I did in the past created this idea just now, although it is more just a universe than a plot, as it doesn't quite go anywhere. I'm good at doing that.

Basically, years after Colosseum/XD a Team Cipher base is discovered hidden deep underground and rooted out, with hundreds more Shadow Pokémon found. A young researcher/trainer is enlisted to purify all of the Pokémon while learning more about the Shadow condition. He isn't very good at it in the first place, unsure how to show affection towards them while simultaneously being scared of attack. He eventually does manage to somewhat bond with a young Pokémon, taking it to the Relic Stone near Agate Village. However, the Pokemon's violent nature and dark coloration doesn't completely disappear, just fades a bit.

This phenomenon, dubbed Shaded Pokémon was due to the fact that the Relic Stone "is said to be the place where Celebi once landed, and so had the power to let Shadow Pokémon remember their happy and carefree lives before the doors to their hearts had been closed. Visiting the Stone would let them relive their memories and revert to normal Pokémon once again." The Shadow Pokémon had grown up in the lab their whole lives, and thus had no happy or carefree lives before their door had been closed. However, the bonding had reduced the condition a bit. Theoretically, the Pokémon's hearts should be opened, so with more bonding it should return to normal.

Now, the researcher must balance his desire to return the Pokémon to normal as fast as possible and research more about the condition, the latter desire of which only exacerbated by Team Cipher members that think the friction and chaos between the good and bad in the Shaded Pokémon might increase their power and are trying to bribe him to get his research and test it out. And the bribery might be working.

Any ideas/critiques/thoughts would be appreciated.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Ooh. That's a good pick up on that line there, and using the logic of 'but what if they don't have any happy memories?'. I like it.

I suppose there is a reason why the researcher is helping purify Pokemon himself when the purification chamber is there since XD (maybe it doesn't work either?) You did mention about him learning more about the Shadow condition, but arguably that could be done by watching them in the purification chamber as well.

Bribery by Cipher agents is interesting too, but does the researcher know about it, or anyone else for the matter? I also wonder who would be leading Cipher this time around.

Back