• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
That's why I said we need to keep the laws as is. If you murder someone it should be an automatic death penalty if it wasn't self defense. If you rape someone, it should be life in prison. That's not how it is, but that's how it should be. I bet that would snap gang bangers into reality. They're not executing it properly, that's all.

Years
Ladies and gentlemen, the gun-control proposals - including those for background checks - have all been defeated in the Senate. Polls indicated a vast majority of the population in favour of back ground checks, and 60:40 in favour of a ban on assault weapons and limiting magazines to 10 rounds, but the Senate voted to the contrary. So it looks like back to the status quo folks. If you don't like how this turned out, make democracy happen and write to your Senators about how they fell to the gun lobbyists instead of doing their job of representing you.

Sir Codin

Frankly, neither possible result would've surprised me.

Either the Senate would cave into fear of another Sandy Hook happening again (and sadly something like it will happen again, regardless of gun control) or they would cave into the demands of special interest gun groups.

Anyway, I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I'm pissed that some of the more reasonable measures were blocked (like expanding background checks to online deals and gun shows; terrible loophole that needs to be closed). On the other I'm glad that some of the UN-reasonable measures were also blocked (like "military-style weapons", which in my view was essentially "if it looks too intimidating, ban it, regardless of how powerful it really is")

Last edited:

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
You guys didn't believe me.... Well here, it just happened last weekend in Chicago and more people shot than in the Sandy Hook school shooting. I told you guys Chicago had a high body count and crime rate with strict gun laws but kept feeding me bs lies to turn me away from the truth about the media and government brainwashing society. Yea go ahead and ban guns unless you want America to be like Chicago.

Oh and for the record, I won't be responding to idiotic posts.

http://www.freepatriot.org/2013/04/17/the-mass-murder-that-the-media-is-choosing-to-ignore/

Years
You guys didn't believe me.... Well here, it just happened last weekend in Chicago and more people shot than in the Sandy Hook school shooting. I told you guys Chicago had a high body count and crime rate with strict gun laws but kept feeding me bs lies to turn me away from the truth about the media and government brainwashing society. Yea go ahead and ban guns unless you want America to be like Chicago.

Oh and for the record, I won't be responding to idiotic posts.

http://www.freepatriot.org/2013/04/17/the-mass-murder-that-the-media-is-choosing-to-ignore/

Please stop. Leave the hood behind and get back to reality. You do realize guns, poverty, etc, create the very environment you're speaking of? Nobody is advocating for the complete ban of firearms. People are advocating for, and pushing for, common-sense regulations and reasonable limitations. It's not rocket science.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Please stop. Leave the hood behind and get back to reality. You do realize guns, poverty, etc, create the very environment you're speaking of? Nobody is advocating for the complete ban of firearms. People are advocating for, and pushing for, common-sense regulations and reasonable limitations. It's not rocket science.

Me get back to reality? How about you get back in reality and quit living inside of that bubble you've been in for so long. Chicago already has the strictest gun laws and it didn't hit media because, "strictest gun laws". There's no need for it to hit the media because of the gun restriction in Chicago already; but I'm living in a fantasy world? It's not rocket science that the government is trying to manipulate us, they already manipulated the people in Illinois. But I'm just a brainwashed citizen and you're a clear minded citizen... I think it's the other way around, stay brainwashed and believe everything on the media. Mass murders don't happen like this all the time, and I can post what the **** I want if it includes this topic, and it does.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
How do multiple shootings over the course of several days equate with one mass shooting in one day?

It isn't brainwashing or lying. Things like Sandy Hook shouldn't happen. When they do, people are shocked. Crime in a city laden with gang violence, as you described many times over now, isn't surprising. Although still sad. And it got local news coverage, so it isn't being ignored.

Wouldn't the root of the issue be gangs though in this instance? Not guns.

A couple of years back we had a notoriously bad summer with gun violence. Everyone was outraged and even got a flashy name in the media. But, you know how many people died that summer due to gang/gun violence? 24. We got outraged over 24 over several months. You just had nearly that amount in one weekend.

Your gun laws are not strict, no matter how many times you repeat it. Maybe they are for America, but that just speaks to how poor legislation is on this for that country as whole.

And again, it isn't about banning guns.

Last edited:
Years
Me get back to reality? How about you get back in reality and quit living inside of that bubble you've been in for so long. Chicago already has the strictest gun laws and it didn't hit media because, "strictest gun laws". There's no need for it to hit the media because of the gun restriction in Chicago already; but I'm living in a fantasy world? It's not rocket science that the government is trying to manipulate us, they already manipulated the people in Illinois. But I'm just a brainwashed citizen and you're a clear minded citizen... I think it's the other way around, stay brainwashed and believe everything on the media. Mass murders don't happen like this all the time, and I can post what the **** I want if it includes this topic, and it does.

Yes, because I clearly believe everything Fox tells me. Not everything is a covert government conspiracy, and you really need to realize that. People who propagate those views are preying on people's ignorance and paranoia so that people believe them. Fear is a powerful motivator for people. Don't get sucked into the lunacy. Get a clue, and go do some research. One Midwestern city, as major as it is, is not a microcosm for the country at large.

And, no buddy, you cannot post whatever the '****' you want. I've let this absolute crap stain of a thread go on long enough, and I've let you be for the most part. Stop, unless you'd like to be banned again.

Years
If he's gone, this thread's basically over eh? Cuz the opinion is split perfectly down the line between him and the rest of us XD But I do believe that respect for one another's intellectual capacity is an important foundation of this sub-forum and that should be prioritized no matter what.

However, you could argue that the discussion was already long over. Either the same arguments are repeated over and over, and rhetorical appeals to "hoodness" increase over time to compensate the lack of original arguments.

He asks other people to exit their bubbles, but in reality he's just stuck in his Chicago suburb. He relies too much on American exceptionalism to take note of different ways other countries deal with gun violence. That to me is a cop out - especially when it's a superficial brushing away and there's no analysis into why X country would be a poor comparison to the United States.

Anyways it's nice to be posting in a discussion & debate thread that is actually about discussion and debate again.

Sir Codin

I think this thread's done. Kaput. Axed. Finito. "Gunned down" if you will.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Yeah, Live can reopen it if he believes there is still anything to do but as BIS said, we aren't going anywhere and when the utterly conspiranoic words "new world order" have been uttered, it's pretty clear we are in completely different universes.

The purpose of this forum is debating and it's pretty obvious this thread has run its course and we are arguing now so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back