• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
Ok. I've got that, followed the instructions on the TeamSnag'Em site (I found the table about 5 minutes before you poster that) and I now have Poke Adv as my setting thing in Hex Workshop... But I still can't find the dex data! I go to the same offset that it shows in XSE, but I still have just plain dots (. . . . . . . . ). Anything I could be doing wrong?

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2013
Am sure you must be doing something wrong. If you ticked the box, in XSE, saying ASCII/Poké Adv then it should be all right. In the bottom of XSE's Hex Editor's window you'll see 'offset 0x0...' Type that offset down. Go to Hex Workshop and press F5. Check the radio button that says Hex. Type in your offset.

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
Am sure you must be doing something wrong. If you ticked the box, in XSE, saying ASCII/Poké Adv then it should be all right. In the bottom of XSE's Hex Editor's window you'll see 'offset 0x0...' Type that offset down. Go to Hex Workshop and press F5. Check the radio button that says Hex. Type in your offset.
The offset doesn't even appear in the Hex Workshop. I looked for the 3805575 decimal on the side since that what it shows in, but it completely skipped it in both ASCII and Poké Adv...

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Hey HackMew, I hope you're doing well, hope you've found someone to hang with, and stuff, ya know? Thanks for the wonderful tools, my uncle Joe has gotten into ROM Hacking for his own pleasure now. (Didn't like how there were no VIGEROUS training areas, so he'd fill entire routes with level 70 Pokemon, and he'd play, LEGITIMATELY, no gameshark codes, or AR codes.)

He's learning to map and loves adding new places to explore in Ruby. (He's filling in the space between routes to be explored, since he likes doing that...)

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
lol, thats epic.
so yea, you've not made any updates in a while...is there anythin goin awn inside the almighty factory? (Just kinda curious, thanks to OA ...)

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2013
The offset doesn't even appear in the Hex Workshop. I looked for the 3805575 decimal on the side since that what it shows in, but it completely skipped it in both ASCII and Poké Adv...

On the side its hexadecimal. You press F5 and click the decimal at paste this offset 3805575 and that should work.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
lol, thats epic.
so yea, you've not made any updates in a while...is there anythin goin awn inside the almighty factory? (Just kinda curious, thanks to OA ...)

Er... he made a tool to extract a certain file. I'm just waiting for it right now.

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
Ok. I'm back, but now I'm here to apologize for wasting thread space. I found out how to edit Pokédex data in HW. I was only looking on the wrong area... So, yeah. Thx for all your help, and a special thanks to 0A for introducing me to HEX editing. Thanks to HackMew for putting out XSE and helping me find the offsets... That's all, bysa

Wild Electrode

Imma use Esplosion!
Years
The Advance Trainer is simply awesome. You are a hero for making that. Thank you very, very much! I haven't checked out your other tools, but judging by how incredible A-Trainer is, I'm assuming they are all very well programmed and easy to use for the technologically stupid, such as myself.

All I would need now is one of the same caliber to edit Blue, Crystal, and Platinum. *wink wink*

Years
I'm having trouble using SMCA. Whenever I load pokemon R/S/E and select littleroot town, I put the X/Y for the boy & girl and then I test it then they start at someother random place. :\

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I've contacted HackMew, he's on vacation and he may not read your messages until he returns.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
I'm having trouble using SMCA. Whenever I load pokemon R/S/E and select littleroot town, I put the X/Y for the boy & girl and then I test it then they start at someother random place. :\

That is done by a level script, just open it up and edit with XSE ;)

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2016
A-Trainer isn't saving the changes that I made in my Hack. How I can solve this?!?! Help plz! (I need it for the first Beta of my Hack =S)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2016
Did you save the trainer and then the ROM?

Yes, I've saved many times, but only half of data is wrote in the ROM D=

Example of the pokemon of Gary(that i've modified), in Viridian:

Eevee lv. 9 - Tackle - Sand-Attack - Helping Hand - Tail Whip

but A-Trainer wrote this on ROM:

Eevee lv. 9 - Scratch(bug) - Thunder Wave(move from pikachu) - Growl(move from pikachu) - Helping Hand

Sorry if my English is bad, I'm Brazilian \o

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2013
Yes, I've saved many times, but only half of data is wrote in the ROM D=

Example of the pokemon of Gary(that i've modified), in Viridian:

Eevee lv. 9 - Tackle - Sand-Attack - Helping Hand - Tail Whip

but A-Trainer wrote this on ROM:

Eevee lv. 9 - Scratch(bug) - Thunder Wave(move from pikachu) - Growl(move from pikachu) - Helping Hand

Sorry if my English is bad, I'm Brazilian \o

ENG: Try to see if the offsets are correct. It could be it. I once found myself battle two trainers with the same Pokémon because of that.
PT: Tenta ver se os offsets estão correctos. Eu uma vez lutei com dois treinadores com os mesmos Pokémons por causa disso.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2016
ENG: Try to see if the offsets are correct. It could be it. I once found myself battle two trainers with the same Pokémon because of that.
PT: Tenta ver se os offsets estão correctos. Eu uma vez lutei com dois treinadores com os mesmos Pokémons por causa disso.

Hm, Thanks! A-Trainer isn't bugging today =P

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Need a Russian translator? I can help.

Вам нужен Англо-Русский переводчик? Я смогу вам помочь.

Well, why not? I don't have one, so it would be definitely useful. Send me a PM so we can discuss about it further.

I can translate whatever you need into portuguese.

Could you send me a PM so we can talk about it more deeply?

lol, thats epic.

Well, you're wrong LOL

First of all, I've updated the Shinyzer. Even if I didn't say it aloud. Second, I'm going to update A-Starter. Then release A-Intro and update A-Ptch. A-Trainer and XSE need updates as well. Since there's a lot of work, it will take a while, indeed.

The Advance Trainer is simply awesome. You are a hero for making that. Thank you very, very much! I haven't checked out your other tools, but judging by how incredible A-Trainer is, I'm assuming they are all very well programmed and easy to use for the technologically stupid, such as myself.

All I would need now is one of the same caliber to edit Blue, Crystal, and Platinum. *wink wink*

Thank you very much :)

Well... that's definitely weird... did you test it with a clean ROM too?

Back