• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Royal Blue Ocean [Water Type Pokemon Club]

Drawing Contest Theme!

• Total voters
Years
Name: 97alpha97
2 Partner Pokemon: Suicune (Poseidon) and Feraligatr (croc)
Why do you want to swim with us?: who doesn't love water Pokemon (all that needs to be said)
Answer Current topic: What is your favorite Water Type Pokemon and why? Blastoise because of how easy it was to beat Gary in red, it was like taking candy from a baby

Welcome to the club Alpha! :D

Is there any other reason you like Blastoise? Do you like his movepool, or design? I personally thought his Rockets where awesome, so I instantly loved him as a kid. <3
009.png

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Are there any current Water type Pokemon you'd see likely to gain a new stage in their line in the future generations? If not, are there any you'd like to get one? New stage counts for both pre-evolutions and evolutions.

I would like Qwilfish/Luvdisk to have an evolution in future generations. If it had an evolution, it would definitely be a choice for my water-type needs in my team. With an evolution, it would have higher stats and would be so much more useful. I also only prefer to train Pokemon that can evolve, so Qwilfish/Luvdisk is out of my choice list as for now.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Are there any current Water type Pokemon you'd see likely to gain a new stage in their line in the future generations? If not, are there any you'd like to get one? New stage counts for both pre-evolutions and evolutions.

I'd like to see an evolution in both Golduck and Biberall. Golduck, cuz i dunno what he would look like but it would certainly be cool and an even better choice for a good water type. Biberall cuz, i dun care what anybody says, I think biberall is pretty cool and needs another saving grace, due to his new ability, moody got him a short period of supremacy before he was banned beyond ubers.

Years
Biberall cuz, i dun care what anybody says, I think biberall is pretty cool and needs another saving grace, due to his new ability, moody got him a short period of supremacy before he was banned beyond ubers.

Lol I had no idea moody was banned beyond ubers so I was lead to believe you meant Bibarel was in ubers :P

lol...

But I concur with that statement. Bibarel is pretty cool in my opinion. He has a really cute persona and design and another evolution would make him completely viable! In NU tier battling Musharna's are pesky little pokes with their stupid calm mind spam /baton pass. With Bibarel's Unaware ability, he can cut through all that BS. He may not be that effective against Musharna himself as the only viable move he has against Musharna is Hidden Power Dark :\

But, in conclusion I think a new evolution in the Bibarel line would be ultra exciting for me, being a sort of newbie competitive battler, and Bibarel would finally be a nice choice in a team.

Long live
PPW400.png
!!!

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Lol I had no idea moody was banned beyond ubers so I was lead to believe you meant Bibarel was in ubers :P

lol...

But I concur with that statement. Bibarel is pretty cool in my opinion. He has a really cute persona and design and another evolution would make him completely viable! In NU tier battling Musharna's are pesky little pokes with their stupid calm mind spam /baton pass. With Bibarel's Unaware ability, he can cut through all that BS. He may not be that effective against Musharna himself as the only viable move he has against Musharna is Hidden Power Dark :\

But, in conclusion I think a new evolution in the Bibarel line would be ultra exciting for me, being a sort of newbie competitive battler, and Bibarel would finally be a nice choice in a team.

Long live
PPW400.png
!!!
While I'm not a huge competitive battler, I still think that Bibarel is nothing better than an HM slave. Maybe a new evo would make him like the equivilant of an Azumarill, but probably nothing more. Unless they went all out and made him have stats equivilant to Arceus or something.

Lifesolstice

Magikarp Tail
Years
Name: LifeSolstice
2 Partner Pokemon: Swampert (ULiek) & Vaporeon (Tsunami)
Why do you want to swim with us?: I really have a passion for water and normal types. Of the eeveelutions Vaporeon is my favorite, so when I saw a Water-fan club I had to join!
Are there any current Water type Pokemon you'd see likely to gain a new stage in their line in the future generations? If not, are there any you'd like to get one? New stage counts for both pre-evolutions and evolutions. Personally, I really want Magikarp to have an evolution in-between it and Gyarados. It's a tiny little struggling fish that evolves into a huge powerful lake-monster thing. I know there must be a joke to that, but still. :P

Last edited:

CourageHound

Years
While I'm not a huge competitive battler, I still think that Bibarel is nothing better than an HM slave. Maybe a new evo would make him like the equivilant of an Azumarill, but probably nothing more. Unless they went all out and made him have stats equivilant to Arceus or something.

Biberal isnt as useless as ya make out :\. He has a viable Simple set along with curse. Each time he uses curse its the same as a swords dance and iron defence in one. On a trick room team he could really do some damage in NU(for the most part)

Years
Name: LifeSolstice
2 Partner Pokemon: Swampert (ULiek) & Vaporeon (Tsunami)
Why do you want to swim with us?: I really have a passion for water and normal types. Of the eeveelutions Vaporeon is my favorite, so when I saw a Water-fan club I had to join!
Are there any current Water type Pokemon you'd see likely to gain a new stage in their line in the future generations? If not, are there any you'd like to get one? New stage counts for both pre-evolutions and evolutions. Personally, I really want Magikarp to have an evolution in-between it and Gyarados. It's a tiny little struggling fish that evolves into a huge powerful lake-monster thing. I know there must be a joke to that, but still. :P

Welcome, welcome!

I thought the Magikarp was unique in that sense. That was the whole gimmick. I also thought it was nice that you had the challenge of leveling up the Magikarp to get your prize of a shiny new Gyarados ;p

If Magikarp had an evolution before Gyarados I think it's uniqueness factor would be gone, and he would just be another boring (yet strong) Pokemon line :\

Years
I don't think I've answered this topic yet, guess I'll do it now.

I would like to see Lapras get a baby evolution some time in the future, it could be all cute and fun to use in battle and I love cute Pokemon.

Golduck should also get a new evolution, and maybe give it awesome stats so that I can finally see it viable to use on a team and Psyduck was one of my fave Gen 1 Water-types.

CourageHound

Years
I was gunna say that luvdisk cud use an evo, but that went out the window with alomomola's existance. Problem is, I dont think some pokemon could get an evolution without looking somewhat outlandish....maybe masquirain would enjoy an evo?(if masqurein[mind my spelling] isnt a water type, then surskit)

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

The first thing that immediately springs to mind, are the bigger one-stage Pokemon like Lapras as Hikari mentioned, Kangaskhan, Bouffalant, where its pre-evolution could be Tauros, and loads more. I also think Pokemon like Spinda and Luvdisc could use some evolutions, where Alumola, which has commonly been mistaken as it, could be the evolution of Luvdisc. Other than that, I can't really think of anything. Possibly middle stage evolutions for some of the fossil Pokemon?

CourageHound

Years
You guys think it would be interesting if in a much later game when mostly all the regoins have been made, they create secret split evolutions of the starters? Just thinking.

Years
You guys think it would be interesting if in a much later game when mostly all the regoins have been made, they create secret split evolutions of the starters? Just thinking.

Well what do you mean by split evolutions? Do you mean they would have 2 or more evolution lines they could go down?

CourageHound

Years
Well what do you mean by split evolutions? Do you mean they would have 2 or more evolution lines they could go down?

Yea basicly. Like how slowpoke can either go slowbro or slowking. A starter like piplup would have a diverging evolution opting that path instead of prinplup.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I guess it could be pretty interesting, but I don't think Gamefreak would dare do such a thing considering all the hate that'd come from the previous gen obsessers, since they know how much it means to them that the old Pokemon stay intact. I guess they'd been able to get around adding in evolutions to several of the less notable Pokemon or the weak ones, considering that isn't a big a deal, but if a completely new evolutionary line was added to the starters apart from the first stage Pokeon, any of them, then I think there'd be a lot of ranting, and I don't think it'd change much rather than giving us a new view. I mean what if it swayed completely in another direction than what we see in those Pokemon. Taking something like the Charizard line and make the alternate line end with a completely different, small and cute Pokemon, would kinda ruin the view on the entire Pokemon family for some :/

But anyway, it's an interesting idea, although the topic may have fit better into the Starter club ;)

Years
Name: Pave Low
2 Partner Pokemon: Floatzel, Kingler
Why do you want to swim with us?: I love my water-types
Kingler. I would like to see it become some sort of supreme crab.

Years

The Voting Period Has Begun! :)

You can now enter your drawings!

I have entered my drawing (I know I'm horrible at drawing /fail shading of face) so check out the OP :3

Please remember to put all entries in spoilers, and mark which drawing is to be judged if you have multiple drawings.

Last edited:

AwesomeAsCrawdaunt

Shizariger on EGC
Years

I would like for all pretence to finally be abandoned and for Crawdaunt to evolve into a Poké God.

CourageHound

Years
Sorry about the crappy coloring and quality. >_< Colored with oil pastels(arrgg...) and took with a bad camera

Last edited:
Back