• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC Fitness Club

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Personally Im a fan of strength over size (It has nothing to do with me not being huge and only being skinny >.>) I am fairly strong though! Yay for that! Ill insert a new picture sooner or later.

Dark Azelf Ill get to you first to some extent. You must be looking pretty good these days if you slimmed down and got cut. Your diet seems too complicated for me. How did the Duathlon go?

Congratulations on 100kms in a month Impo! Thats absolutely killing it! Also there's nothing wrong with aesthetics but still having strength to back it up is good anyway!

Oh Gymnastic rings are good fun! They are fairly expensive though, my god! Its painful on the wallet. They do build some good muscles though, very nice purchase Juicy, got any routines for them?

Destructor, I've read and heard that you shouldn't really start hitting the weights until youre like 15 or 16 but I guess if you're okay everything is fine. Do you have any workout routines or anything like that youre willing to share?

You can still use weights at a young age, just dont use heavy ones as it will damage your growth plates in your bones iirc, dont quote me on that though.

I used to be a gymnast actually, i competed at national level, rings are great to build your strength up.

Speaking of strength, i train for both strength and size. Ill train for size for 6 months and then switch to a higher weight and fewer reps to hit strength more. However on lower body i train solely for strength. Ive just never got the reasoning for having massive legs/ass unless you're a competitive bodybuilder, plus i love getting in skinny jeans lol. :x Plus on stuff like deadlifts, aka your lower back i dont see the need for size either really.

As for bolded, at least i finished lol, barely, i sort of crawled over the line. ~~

Also i look ok i guess, im alot more defined (new webcam yay) and although you cant see it on this pic i have top 4 abs showing. I think im about 11% bodyfat in this picture, it was lower lost month, verging on 9% but i decided to bulk up again but yeah here;

Spoiler:

Yes im aware i look like ass, i just crawled out of bed haha. Ill maybe post a few more when i have time.

Also my diet isnt really complicated, i bulk up over the winter (aka now) and eat like 500 calories per day over my maintenance level to increase my lean mass as much as possible naturally, which consists of good clean foods to try and limit fat i put on (but thats unavoidable if you do it naturally), enough carbs, protein etc. Then in spring i cut up, reduce my calories to 500 below maintenance level and reduce my carbs, to lose any excess fat i may have put on over the winter whilst keeping the muscle i put on over winter. :)

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Nice pic!
I joined the gym, last week though, you guys!~ I've been twice already and I'm going again tomorrow. The gym membership also includes a pool so.. think I am gonna do some laps tomorrow :3

Think I might as well join this club then :33

Just need to really strengthen up. I'm super weak (especially my arms) @_@ so.. I really need to work my arms and my core..

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
Just need to really strengthen up. I'm super weak (especially my arms) @_@ so.. I really need to work my arms and my core..

You should train trying to raise up your body only using your arms. Mostly I do that with some aerial apparatus as aerial hoop for exemple, but since you're just beggining your conditioning I'd recommend you to do this raising up your body from the floor (aka pushup) and then when you feel stronger you should train using some apparatus.

In my opinion, just grow up muscles isn't enough to grow strengh, and unfortunately most gyms focus on growing muscles because most of people go there for aesthetical purposes.

In order to grow stronger you must periodically be conditioning your muscles and focus on resistance and not on size.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
the trainer at the gym says I need to eat more but I don't know what to eat I know he said carbs and protein so like chicken rice idk here's hoping

Sup. What is your goal ? Im assuming its to gain muscle mass since he said you need to eat more.

Firstly you need to know how many calories your body needs and then we can go from there. A tool that has been awesome for me is; http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm i find other calculators overshoot it a bit, i found that one works the best for me. If you want to "gain mass" then add 500 onto the maintenance calories.

It would be also be helpful if you gave me your weight and height then i could calculate roughly how much of each you need.

In general you want to be eating good whole foods, ill list some for you. Eat as much vegetables as you want for vital minerals and fiber. Drink plenty of water. Brown Rice, brown pasta, brown bread, Oats, Potatoes are all awesome carbs. All kinds of meat work for protein really along with cheese and eggs etc. I also call Milk, Beans and Nuts (and peanut butter) "perfect" foods for you when lifting weights since they have essentially everything you need packed in them. As for the sweet sugary foods, id tend to avoid them bar after workouts to replace lost muscle glycogen quickly. Fruit is great too. Also id recommend taking a protein supplement, they really help meeting your protein demands. Weight gainers can work also if you really are struggling getting enough calories in throughout the day and are a naturally slender person. Basically moderation is key along with meeting your daily calorie needs.

I hope this helped clear up some stuff for you. :)

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Sup. What is your goal ? Im assuming its to gain muscle mass since he said you need to eat more.

Firstly you need to know how many calories your body needs and then we can go from there. A tool that has been awesome for me is; http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm i find other calculators overshoot it a bit, i found that one works the best for me. If you want to "gain mass" then add 500 onto the maintenance calories.

It would be also be helpful if you gave me your weight and height then i could calculate roughly how much of each you need.

In general you want to be eating good whole foods, ill list some for you. Eat as much vegetables as you want for vital minerals and fiber. Drink plenty of water. Brown Rice, brown pasta, brown bread, Oats, Potatoes are all awesome carbs. All kinds of meat work for protein really along with cheese and eggs etc. I also call Milk, Beans and Nuts (and peanut butter) "perfect" foods for you when lifting weights since they have essentially everything you need packed in them. As for the sweet sugary foods, id tend to avoid them bar after workouts to replace lost muscle glycogen quickly. Fruit is great too. Also id recommend taking a protein supplement, they really help meeting your protein demands. Weight gainers can work also if you really are struggling getting enough calories in throughout the day and are a naturally slender person. Basically moderation is key along with meeting your daily calorie needs.

I hope this helped clear up some stuff for you. :)

thanks, that was really helpful!

Apparently my maintenance intake should be around 2400 calories per day
I told it I was 174cm, weighed 64kg, and exercized 5 times a week
But I don't want to get really massive, I just want a little muscle (it's really hard to explain)

I have no idea how I'm going to eat that much today I've barely had 1500 yet today but oh well.
And the foods are great! I normally eat veggies a lot, and tons of water. I recently switched to brown rice, but not brown pasta (but I did buy some), I have muesli - which I hope is like oats - for breakfast usually, and I barely ever eat sweets (except for the occasional 85% dark chocolate).

I take a protein supplement (mushasi or something) 3 times a week after my runs but I don't think I'm the naturally slender person.

When I was in school I used to make sandwiches with brown bread and lettuce, carrot, cucumber, turkey, and cheese (and sometimes spinach if it was there) for lunch and yogurt, nuts, and fruit for recess. It was so much easier to eat healthy when I wasn't hope where mum had keeps all the crap

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
You should train trying to raise up your body only using your arms. Mostly I do that with some aerial apparatus as aerial hoop for exemple, but since you're just beggining your conditioning I'd recommend you to do this raising up your body from the floor (aka pushup) and then when you feel stronger you should train using some apparatus.

In my opinion, just grow up muscles isn't enough to grow strengh, and unfortunately most gyms focus on growing muscles because most of people go there for aesthetical purposes.

In order to grow stronger you must periodically be conditioning your muscles and focus on resistance and not on size.

Thanks for the tip! I've been doing that (doing pushups, seated row, shoulder press excersizes) I do both pushups on the hard mat, and also with one of those half-balance balls (I don't know the proper term, but I think that one builds core more)
I also asked a personal trainer to show me how to use the rowing machine properly (proper posture, etc) so I can get maximum benefit from that.

As for chin-ups and stuff.. I'm not at that level yet.. but I am trying to incorporate arm stuff in all my exercises (squats I do with a heavy dumbbell and every time I come up I raise it up, for example)

I'm really weak though.. I can do about 6 pushups properly, then I will either not be able to do any more, or my hips will start to sag down and that's not good.. so I rest and I try to do another 6.

And I know my basal metabolic rate (I eat about 1200-1300 calories a day) though according to that site, I should be eating:
"1133 CALORIES/DAY" to maintain my weight.. >_> I wish I could eat more..

Yellow Silver Nostalgia

Those Were The Days
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
And I know my basal metabolic rate (I eat about 1200-1300 calories a day) though according to that site, I should be eating:
"1133 CALORIES/DAY" to maintain my weight.. >_> I wish I could eat more..

Well that's simple, if you want to eat more, do more.

You're perhaps unlucky though. If I ate 1100 calories per day, I'd be very ill. I'm a 6'3" male desperately trying to gain weight, currently eating about 400 calories every waking hour.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Username: Charlie Brown
Why you're joining: Juicy told me. That and I figured if I join this at least I have people to hold me accountable and motivate me lol.

So my main goal is just to put on some muscle I guess, long story short. I'm broke atm so can't afford gym membership or any home gym equipment (though we do have a treadmill) so I have to make do with stuff around the home, but thankfully there's a playground nearby so. I guess atm i'm just focusing on building up strength. I guess the main reason I'm interested in putting on some muscle is to build up my confidence and self-esteem. atm I'm a bit on the thin side so eh we'll see, definitely looking forward to some results I guess.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
thanks, that was really helpful!

Apparently my maintenance intake should be around 2400 calories per day
I told it I was 174cm, weighed 64kg, and exercized 5 times a week
But I don't want to get really massive, I just want a little muscle (it's really hard to explain)

I have no idea how I'm going to eat that much today I've barely had 1500 yet today but oh well.
And the foods are great! I normally eat veggies a lot, and tons of water. I recently switched to brown rice, but not brown pasta (but I did buy some), I have muesli - which I hope is like oats - for breakfast usually, and I barely ever eat sweets (except for the occasional 85% dark chocolate).

I take a protein supplement (mushasi or something) 3 times a week after my runs but I don't think I'm the naturally slender person.

When I was in school I used to make sandwiches with brown bread and lettuce, carrot, cucumber, turkey, and cheese (and sometimes spinach if it was there) for lunch and yogurt, nuts, and fruit for recess. It was so much easier to eat healthy when I wasn't hope where mum had keeps all the crap

Oh, well you wont get massive unless you "bulk up" really. You'll put muscle on if you eat right regardless to start with, when it plateaus then bulking up is optional. As for the calories, you can tinker with it. The calorie split ive had most success with for me is around 40% of your overall calories come from carbs, ~40% from protein and ~20% from fats. I mean you can go something like 50% carbs, 30% protein and 20% fats, just what works for you really and when the results start showing.

Well that's simple, if you want to eat more, do more.

You're perhaps unlucky though. If I ate 1100 calories per day, I'd be very ill. I'm a 6'3" male desperately trying to gain weight, currently eating about 400 calories every waking hour.

Id recommend trying a weight gainer supplement, you'll save money in the long run and those are extremely helpful in regards to your goal. Also Peanut Butter and Nuts (lol im so immature) in general are fantastic, cheap, calorie dense foods that are rich in protein and healthy fats, i found having those around really helpful when i was struggling to get in enough calories throughout the day. :)

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Man we have ignored this club a bit too much guys! Get you stuff together it's summer time and winter time! For us who are in summer we must get some sexy bodies for the beaches! So for this we must create a workout for males and females and I'd like the whole club to participate in making the routine and diet together! I think that would be great.

Also we can't let you people in winter getting lazy and fat! So we should also try and get something going for you guys so you keep nice and fit during winter, I'd also like if everyone could help come up with something for this as well.

This could be our clubs christmas present to each other and such so I think it'd be great if we could get this done as a club!

Also good work and thanks a lot to Dark Azelf for all your help with the calculators and such.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
so guys I'm starting insanity

it's a 60 day workout thing and it's really hard hopefully I can finish it

on another note I think I've gained some muscle mass and lost some body fat as I've lost 2.5kg. I wasn't really trying to lose weight but I went from 64 to 61.5 so yay I guess

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
Hey guys, I've been wondering what people here at PC think about pole dancing being a resource of fitness and dance at the same time.

What do you think about pole dance and body fitness?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Depends on if the pole dancing is for athletic purposes, or erotic purposes IMO.. Pole dancing is about control and you can strengthen core muscles; but the act is about sex appeal and can be quite personal.

And.. had a "checkpoint" today after 3 and a half weeks of 3-times-a-week-workouts at the gym..
My arms are the same, I lost 2cm around each thigh and 2 cm off the hips(86 to 84cm) ; but for some reason gained 2 cm around the waist ;o;..(69 to 71) hopefully just because of bloating/ water retention :c siiigghhh
I thought I ate well already but maybe I need to be stricter on my diet...? :c

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
Depends on if the pole dancing is for athletic purposes, or erotic purposes IMO.. Pole dancing is about control and you can strengthen core muscles; but the act is about sex appeal and can be quite personal.
Yep, pole dance can have a sex appeal and some times not.
Whatever's the purpose though, in order to be at least an intermediate (real) pole dancer you must have above average strenght at arms and core principally.
I'm talking about this because I am a pole dancer and I know every person who do this dance have a different style.
But one thing we have in common is that we are pushed to strenghten our bodies each day, not to talk about the stretches for flexibility.

And.. had a "checkpoint" today after 3 and a half weeks of 3-times-a-week-workouts at the gym..
My arms are the same, I lost 2cm around each thigh and 2 cm off the hips(86 to 84cm) ; but for some reason gained 2 cm around the waist ;o;..(69 to 71) hopefully just because of bloating/ water retention :c siiigghhh
As you're a woman, you're more inclined to gain muscles with more effort than men. But as I've said before, size doesn't mean actually strenght and resistence. ;)
If you're exercising your body so you must not eat less than you was eating before. What you have to do is eat energetic and healthy food in 3 to 5 balanced meals per day. If you don't do that and stop eating well, your body will think that you're at a scarcity period and will store more fat than it normally does.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Of course.. I don't think I could possibly eat less; I like eating lol. I mean stricter as in.. fruit in the morning, not with dinner, less cheese, more meat.. less sugary foods (like banana-chips or less breads in the evening)

Yeah I know someone who's a poledancer too, and she has amazing body strength. She can lift her whole self sideways and perfectly straight with just her arms. Amazing! Hold herself up with a leg, etc; she's a dancer too! Very talented!
For myself, though? Unless it was a class that was specifically focused of the strengthening aspect, I'd find that to be a bit too personal. I'd leave the sex appeal stuff for the bedroom only.. and feel uncomfortable if I had to act out being sexy in a public setting.

I'm actually really flexible and naturally have hypermobility. I'm trying to lengthen my hamstrings and calves more, though, to help strengthen my fallen arches. But generally I can go past touching my toes and actually easily lay my palms flat on the floor in front of me. Should work a bit on my downward dog, though.. hence the tight back-legs. Posture is more what I'm trying to focus on since I have a desk job.

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
Of course.. I don't think I could possibly eat less; I like eating lol. I mean stricter as in.. fruit in the morning, not with dinner, less cheese, more meat.. less sugary foods (like banana-chips or less breads in the evening)
That's nice! Just don't eat more meat, try to eat as much as you was eating before, and instead of just using meat for the protein gain try to diversify your protein source! Butter, beans, spinach etc are a good exemple.
A diverse diet is the key for a healthy alimentation.

Yeah I know someone who's a poledancer too, and she has amazing body strength. She can lift her whole self sideways and perfectly straight with just her arms. Amazing! Hold herself up with a leg, etc; she's a dancer too! Very talented!
Oh, that's so nice that you know some pole dancer and recognizes our work! <3

For myself, though? Unless it was a class that was specifically focused of the strengthening aspect, I'd find that to be a bit too personal. I'd leave the sex appeal stuff for the bedroom only.. and feel uncomfortable if I had to act out being sexy in a public setting.
You don't need to be sexy in public in order to be a pole dancer. I'm not sexy at all. There's so many gorgeous dancers out there that don't care that much about being sexy.
Watch this video.

I'm actually really flexible and naturally have hypermobility. I'm trying to lengthen my hamstrings and calves more, though, to help strengthen my fallen arches. But generally I can go past touching my toes and actually easily lay my palms flat on the floor in front of me. Should work a bit on my downward dog, though.. hence the tight back-legs. Posture is more what I'm trying to focus on since I have a desk job.
Oh, that's cool! I also have hypermobility so I can understand. You won't gain real streanght and resistence so easily exactly because of that.
And yeah you should focus on your posture since I don't want you to loose your back flexibility. ;;

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Yeah that girl in that video is amazing- especially that bit at the end where she's holding herself like that and spinning slowly.
I know two people who do pole-dancing. One's an old friend who does it because she also loves dance, too! (the one I mentioned earlier) She's amazing and super strong and elegant. https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/406918_10151233732444185_1578585819_n.jpg
I know someone else from uni who opened up her own pole dancing studio and she.. does it for bachelorette parties- and she does it raunchily, too. :/ I dunno, I just find it to be a bit impersonal in that regard. I don't want other people to see how I'd potentially court someone with my body- it's why I dislike people grinding in clubs but that's just my opinion really.

It feels like I know both a proper pole-dancer, and another person who is like.. a wanna-be-pole-dancer-for-attention-and-because-she-likes-sex.

And yomyom I made a nice salad tonight topped with some lean ground beef and onion I cooked and a little bit of corn <3

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024

I doubt you have put on fat around your waist if you are working out hard and doing cardio. It could be a number of things, most probably water retention. Drink more water and it gets rid of it, you get it especially when you're dehydrated. Also sodium can do it so if you eat alot of salts foods.

As you're a woman, you're more inclined to gain muscles with more effort than men. But as I've said before, size doesn't mean actually strenght and resistence. ;)
If you're exercising your body so you must not eat less than you was eating before. What you have to do is eat energetic and healthy food in 3 to 5 balanced meals per day. If you don't do that and stop eating well, your body will think that you're at a scarcity period and will store more fat than it normally does.

^This pretty much. Your body also would rather burn and break down muscle for energy than fat in periods of "starvation/lack of eating".

Well, first off, in regards to your question of strength or size, I definately go for strength. I love to build muscle, but I'm certainly not trying to go all Arnold.

As for routines, I was hoping I wouldn't be asked that. I actually don't have a fixed routine. What muscle groups on which days are fixed, but I try to do completely new exercises for a different number of sets and reps each week. I hate doing the same things over and over in a constant, never-ending cycle; my diet isn't anything special either. I just stay away from junk food for the most part, and aside that, I eat mostly fruits and vegis. It's nothing I could form a chart or schedule from, as I can assure you I'm the most boring person when it comes to stuff like this. I'm sorry if you take offense to that and wish for me to leave the club.

Hi. If you're training you are definitely going to want to eat more than just fruits and veggies. Protein is very important in any form of training, whether it be strength or size.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Yeah I think it may have been that. I should drink more water. Right now I drink about 1-1.5 litres (usually 1) and I should be drinking 2

And yeah.. today I ate half a multigrain brown mini-baguette with cream cheese (bread amount is like 3/4ths of a bagel,) a mango and chicken wrap (with lettuce) some dried banana chips, raisins, 2 pieces of dark chocolate, and a salad topped with ground beef and onion with a bit of tomato and carrots tossed in.. also had a coffee and some banana-coconut juice that's not from concentrate.
What would you rate that?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Username: Curious. (But you can just call me Nathan.)

Why you're joining: Umm, I just want to get active. I'm sick of just being skinny, I want to have some muscle too. I wanna get some abs! I don't want to work out hardcore, but I'd rather much like to develop a fitness 'schedule' where I can do workouts independently and at home.

Any thoughts/tips?

Back