• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
There is a scripting command that starts a wild battle with 'tree' pokemon... I forget which though... or even if it was a scripting command... heh, I haven't used 'tree' in a long time!

Well let me help you remember :P

special 0xAB

it's used in rock smash scripts

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2009
Hey, sorry if this questions already been asked, but I've looked around and have not been able to find an answer to my question.

I'm new to ROM hacking and I'm trying to figure out how to make testing go faster. Anyway, I was
wondering if its possible to somehow skip Prof. Oak's whole intro speech at the beginning of the game
while using VisualBoyAdvance, so I can get right to testing without going through that whole process every time.

Btw, Im hacking Fire Red if it matters.

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
Hi.. looked and did not see. Can someone point me in the direction of all the platinum hacks? Besides promh stats working, I can't think of anything else.. or find anything else. I'd like to edit movesets, and know if this stats really is working. kthxbai

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
There was a trainer in my hack that after beating her, I took control of another trainer on the route for some reason and couldn't go anywhere. I deleted her, thinking that would solve the problem, but it didn't. Now another trainer on the route does the same thing. What's the problem? Thanks.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hi.. looked and did not see. Can someone point me in the direction of all the platinum hacks? Besides promh stats working, I can't think of anything else.. or find anything else. I'd like to edit movesets, and know if this stats really is working. kthxbai

platinum just came out...
and tools for hacking the 4th gen is still being worked on.
try looking somewhere else, for probably there lies what you're looking for. :\

There was a trainer in my hack that after beating her, I took control of another trainer on the route for some reason and couldn't go anywhere. I deleted her, thinking that would solve the problem, but it didn't. Now another trainer on the route does the same thing. What's the problem? Thanks.

change the direction those NPC's are facing.

abweitl

:D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 11, 2012
how do i insert custom tiles and have the right palette in advance map.

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2009
This is for Ruby/Sapphire
-Like one of the guys above me, I'm not going to look through 351 page's-
-I HAVE tried the Search button/Tutorial Section and Google and neither of them seem to get me my answer because i just dont know what to write to get my Answer.-

My question(s) Are

1-How do i Remove Towns/Routes in Advance Map (If i have to use EliteMap for it then forget it cause i find Advance is more easier to use)

2-How do i add in(This is where the wording issue comes in so ill just say what it is i want)
I want to make a battle like when you fight Rayquaza i can get the battle thing done and everything but when i finish my battle Rayquaza also dissapears along with the pokemon that i add for that Type of battle. All i wanna know is how to add it WITHOUT Screwing over the others.

3-Is it possible to ADD pokemon and keep all the others?

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
Years
Hey, sorry if this questions already been asked, but I've looked around and have not been able to find an answer to my question.

I'm new to ROM hacking and I'm trying to figure out how to make testing go faster. Anyway, I was
wondering if its possible to somehow skip Prof. Oak's whole intro speech at the beginning of the game
while using VisualBoyAdvance, so I can get right to testing without going through that whole process every time.

Btw, Im hacking Fire Red if it matters.

As soon as you're in your room after the intro, save. Unless you're editing the player's room itself, it will work just fine.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
how do i insert custom tiles and have the right palette in advance map.

there's a tutorial to do that.
look at the Documents and Tutorials.

1-How do i Remove Towns/Routes in Advance Map (If i have to use EliteMap for it then forget it cause i find Advance is more easier to use)

2-How do i add in(This is where the wording issue comes in so ill just say what it is i want)
I want to make a battle like when you fight Rayquaza i can get the battle thing done and everything but when i finish my battle Rayquaza also dissapears along with the pokemon that i add for that Type of battle. All i wanna know is how to add it WITHOUT Screwing over the others.

3-Is it possible to ADD pokemon and keep all the others?

1. you can't, at least, that's what I think. Why not just leave it alone or edit it into something useless?

2. Script it.

3. Use the 25 free spaces for PKMN. How...? Dunno, but it's possible. Search around.

Larsie13

As soon as you're in your room after the intro, save. Unless you're editing the player's room itself, it will work just fine.

And if you're gonna edit the player's room, just make a save state just before you're warped there from the intro. So, SHIFT + F[1-10].

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2010
Above the tileset in Advance Map, there is a border block. How do you use it for a border? It would save a lot of time if I could use it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2010
What I actually meant was is there anyway to insert this border block while you're creating a map? Instead of inserting each individual tile around the map. I hope you understand what I mean.

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
Years
What I actually meant was is there anyway to insert this border block while you're creating a map? Instead of inserting each individual tile around the map. I hope you understand what I mean.

CTRL + Right Click and drag around the tiles you want to use. This will give you like a stamp of more tiles than one. That's about the quickest it will get.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2010
Thanks a lot man. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Another question:
Is there any way to insert tiles that were made by someone else?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 7, 2009
Hiya,
I have a problem with my scripts. I am using advanced map, PKSV and FSF. When I compile a script onto my ROM in advanced map the text is fine in the game. After a few uses of the ROM on VBA the text either stops showing up or has strange symbols after my piece of text.
So, I went back on to advanced map and opened the script. Sometimes a new thing appears at the top of my script saying 0xFF or something similar (can't remeber exactly) or numbers for symbols in the game at the end of my script. I have no idea why they are there, how they got there or how to get rid of them. Deleting and then saving does not work as after a few times on the rom it comes back. ARGGGHHHHHH!

Please can someone help me and explain what is going wrong ^-^

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Hiya,
I have a problem with my scripts. I am using advanced map, PKSV and FSF. When I compile a script onto my ROM in advanced map the text is fine in the game. After a few uses of the ROM on VBA the text either stops showing up or has strange symbols after my piece of text.
So, I went back on to advanced map and opened the script. Sometimes a new thing appears at the top of my script saying 0xFF or something similar (can't remeber exactly) or numbers for symbols in the game at the end of my script. I have no idea why they are there, how they got there or how to get rid of them. Deleting and then saving does not work as after a few times on the rom it comes back. ARGGGHHHHHH!

Please can someone help me and explain what is going wrong ^-^

Try compiling and scripting with XSE by HackMew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back