• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
Hello,I never hacked a pokemon game before,and I want to start,but I don't want to create a new pokemon game I just want to create some new features for my pokemon emerald game,I need a program for this(I don't know what works,and doesn't works)so I will be very happy if someone will give me a program for this...
anyway I have some questions:
1.How do I added a new place for the game(not taking an old place and completley change it,just an entrance for a new map nd the map itself.
2.How do I added a new trainers for the game and changing their sprite and pokemon?
3.How can I added new 4th generation pokemons(I heard you can added up to 25 pokemons without deleting an exciting,example putting dialga without deleting onix...)?
4.Can I added some new special battle places like the battle frontier?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Hello,I never hacked a pokemon game before,and I want to start,but I don't want to create a new pokemon game I just want to create some new features for my pokemon emerald game,I need a program for this(I don't know what works,and doesn't works)so I will be very happy if someone will give me a program for this...
anyway I have some questions:
1.How do I added a new place for the game(not taking an old place and completley change it,just an entrance for a new map nd the map itself.
2.How do I added a new trainers for the game and changing their sprite and pokemon?
3.How can I added new 4th generation pokemons(I heard you can added up to 25 pokemons without deleting an exciting,example putting dialga without deleting onix...)?
4.Can I added some new special battle places like the battle frontier?

1. Use Advance Map. if you are using Emeral as your ROM MAKE SURE YOU BACK IT UP. It will save you heartache trust me.

2. Script them then add the OW using Advance Map

3. There is a nice tut for creating and inserting/replacing sprites in the documents and tutorials section, along with a lot of other great tutorials to help you get started.

4. script the event sequens, then build the new battle place in AMap and compile the scripts

You can find all the tools you need in the tools section. For scripting check out HackMew's XSE

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2010
When you backup the rom, where is the backup saved? I could really use that backup right now.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
When you backup the rom, where is the backup saved? I could really use that backup right now.

Always Manually back it up, by copying the file, and saving it into a folder. I always make a folder named 'Backup' and place it on my desktop and keep my backed up one in that folder.

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
Hi im just wondering if there is anything wrong with this script because i just freezes up on me when I try to activate it.

Spoiler:

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Hi im just wondering if there is anything wrong with this script because i just freezes up on me when I try to activate it.

Spoiler:

Try that, I didn't test it or really *look* at it, just cleaned it up and fixed what I noticed was wrong from the get go.

your #orgs are basically function descriptions, so they need to be separate from the actual functions. Also for future reference, this should be in the Script Help thread, not hte simple questions thread.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
At the start of Fire Red, where Oak is talking about Pokemon and you (the player), how do I edit that.

unLZ. Open the ROM and search for the sprite of oak. If I recall it is somewhere around 1350 as the offset, just search that offest and then browse the surrounding offset. once you find it click import and import your image. use free space finder to find free space, and adjust the sprite pointer.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=165124

there is a guide to give you more specific details, just find Oak in unLZ and follow the same steps.

lolwut

Too cute for you
Years
I have a question which i kinda want to be answered asap. If i have an older beta of a hack, and a save file on it, then i download the newer beta (im using VBA), will i be able to use my old save file on the newer beta?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I have a question which i kinda want to be answered asap. If i have an older beta of a hack, and a save file on it, then i download the newer beta (im using VBA), will i be able to use my old save file on the newer beta?

Since the old hack is a beta, and the new hack is a beta, it might not work. Best way to find out is to try.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years

No, your old save data will not work, you need to restart, to prevent complications that may arise.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
If you're hacking emerald can you have 2 person battles? Like have both backsprites on screen and fight with eachother in a 2v2 match?

LunaticHigh

N00b h4x0r
Years
How can I edit the verry beginning of the game, like the screen with the Pikachu in the corner and the screen that explains the buttons?
Nevermind... I figured it out. In Advance Text you use the search function and look for a partial bit of the text. Press write to INI and choose where you want to save it in Advance Text so you can edit it.

Also the offset for the Oak intro would be nice too :) What I'm really looking for in the Oak intro is where to edit the nidoran sprite. The Dante tutorial doesnt cover that :(

Last edited:

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
How can I edit the verry beginning of the game, like the screen with the Pikachu in the corner and the screen that explains the buttons?

Also the offset for the Oak intro would be nice too :) What I'm really looking for in the Oak intro is where to edit the nidoran sprite. The Dante tutorial doesnt cover that :(

Use A-Text from WaH, to edit the intro text.

Oak's sprite should be somewhere around the offset 1350 five or take 75.

You have to change the nidoran sprite, then add a new nidoran to the game and adjust its Poke'dex entry number.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
I know this has been asked before, but it hasnt gotten a full response yet

Which pokemon hacks are completed or are close enough to completion?

The only ones i know of are Quartz, RijonAdventures and ShinyGold

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I know this has been asked before, but it hasnt gotten a full response yet

Which pokemon hacks are completed or are close enough to completion?

The only ones i know of are Quartz, RijonAdventures and ShinyGold

you might never get a full response, simply because a hack is never really in a sense completed, and the work that goes into it to get it where Shiny Gold and other such hacks are is a LOT of work.

LunaticHigh

N00b h4x0r
Years
Use A-Text from WaH, to edit the intro text.

Oak's sprite should be somewhere around the offset 1350 five or take 75.

You have to change the nidoran sprite, then add a new nidoran to the game and adjust its Poke'dex entry number.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Yeah, A-Text doesn't show it by default and I didn't realize there was a search function at first XD

Gah to the nidoran sprite editing lol Is there anyway to disable him from popping up aside from editing it to be transparent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back