• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Opelucid City

Which Opelucid City Version you like better?

• Black

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • White

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Do you prefer the Black Version or White Version of the City?

Old White Version has a neat look. Never did see the Black version myself but looks futuristic.

What say you? Feel free to move if there is one such thread all ready.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
While the White version's music is calmer, I liked Black's version better because of the technology that was implemented in it.

Sirfetch’d

I have the White version so I voted for it. Never really seen the Black except for a screenshot or 2.

Years
Even though I liked the White version's music better, I voted Black cos the blue colors, technological look and the fact Black is my main game out of the two.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I like Black's version, being all futuristic and stuff. Although I still really like White's, so for me either way you can't lose! White Version music is better though.

Years
I think I prefer White version's Opelucid City more. The music was nicer, and the archaic feel to it just made sense to me, while technological Black version's Opelucid City felt out of place. Perhaps that's because I've never played Black. :P

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Black version.
I loved the futuristic version because of coolness :D
When I was playing White 2 and reached Opeluid City, I did not realize it at the beginning o.O I was like "Wait, where the heck am I?"

Cid

Years
I don't think it's fair for the Black version of Opelucid City if I say I like the White better, because I've never really reached Opelucid when I played Black. But even though I never really saw it in-game, I still think the city is a little less appealing there when compared to what they did with it in White. I thought the concept of White's Opelucid City was unique and interesting, and that it wasn't just a generic bustling city. Plus the music is better there, and that's usually all I care about with towns and cities of Pokémon games (unless I really like its concept or atmosphere).

So yeah, I'm picking the White one.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Black version definitely. The white one just looked strange to me... but I did play Black first, so that's probably why.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Black looks and sounds best though in general I prefer White's version, lol. It just seems so old and friendly, which is what the area around Opelucid is anyway. But ya Black has an awesome design for it at least.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I think White's Opelucid City fits better with its purpose. It's supposed to be a city with historical backgrounds and knowledge, and the sci-fi doesn't exactly make sense to me. Plus, I played White first, and I just loved the olden feel and the relaxing music. It just makes sense for it to be that way as opposed to an apathetic sci-fi dystopia. Just my thoughts...

Pikapia

The One Who Will Destroy Everything
Years
I have Pokemon White, though I think I prefer the Black one. It looks way cooler, and I love futuristic things. :P But the White version gives your eyes a rest. The only thing that hasn't changed, apart from reversed colours, is the Pokemon Gym. Though the gym leader depends on the game you have.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Black Opelucid is better i think even though i play the white versions.White Opelucid's music is calmer but i liked Black's SciFi-ish theme better.

Years
I prefer White's version of Opelucid City, just because many other parts of Unova are technology-driven, so I liked the change of pace in Opelucid. Plus, I think the Dragon-type Gym is better suited to an older, retro type city than one that looks so futuristic.

Back