• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What's your favourite legendary in RGBY?

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
One of my favourite Pokemon types is Fire, and as a consequence, Moltres would have to be my favourite starter from Generation I. You can't get much more fiery than a flaming bird.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
I don't remember having an actual favourite legendary back when I was a kid. Honestly, nothing really stood out to me, or I was just too young to care...
In my current opinion though, I'd have to choose Zapdos. Its jaggedly protruding black and yellow wings, and its ability to create powerful storms, and even its cry is beautiful.

Magnetic

Underground Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2018
Articuno for me. Made a great ice addition, since that was a type I constantly needed.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
My favorite will be Mewtwo I really like him and it's my most favorite Psychic Type Pokemon.

Moltres was awesome too since it's a fire type. :3

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2013
Mine is Articuno. It helped me make short work of Lance's dragons, plus I'm pretty sure it was the first legendary I encountered. I loved the fact that Blizzard was much more accurate too (90% I believe?).

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
Mew is my favorite, just because of all the TM possibilities and it's so cute :) also, I like Articuno as well. I love Ice-types and I really think Articuno was well-designed and also awesome.

Years
Meeew! :3 It's adorable and I've always wanted to own one since I never did catch a Mew in R/B/G/Y. Zapdos is close behind it, though; electric is my favorite type and Zapdos just looks so cool.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
I don't think we have many legendaries available on R/G/Y to make an interesting poll... I counted 5 on total: Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, Mew and Mewtwo.

IMO, the coolest legendary in this generation was... Mewtwo. It is so cool that though being "two" it comes first than the Pokemon it was originated from, Mew. Mew is also cool, but I prefer Mewtwo for any reason.

Years
Sounds really typical but definitely Mewtwo, he's awesome looking but not because he looks like massive bulky tank or anything. If I had to pick a second I'd choose Articuno since it's the only bird in my opinion that doesn't look a bit daft.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I have to say that the biggest problem with the legendary Pokemon is that they are obtained when there is very little to do in the game. Apart for Yellow where Zapdos is a great substitute for Pikachu i have never imagined replacing my Charizard with a Moltrese or a Blastoise with an Articuno its just wrong. I always thought that the legendaries should have come much earlier in the game where they would be of more assistance rather than at the end with Mewtwo being an obvious example.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
The only legendary Pokemon I like from the first generation is Zapdos and Zapdos is my 3rd favorite legendary of all time (right after Giratina and Darkrai). I love the design of Zapdos, the coloring and the move pool which helped me catch the pain in the necks Articuno and Mewtwo.

:t354:TG

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2013
My favorite legendary was Mew i caught it through a glitch in the yellow,red,and blue games there's other many legit ways to get it but this is mine. The long range trainer glitch. If you don't know what i'm talking about go to youtube and write let's glitch pokemon yellow and you should find it.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Zapdos here! While I still love Mewtwo and still hate how he was replaced as the strongest Pokemon in the world, I've just not used him nearly as much as I've used Zapdos. Not surprising though, as I've used Zapdos quite a lot. It's pretty darn amazing in battle, as well as having an awesome design (with loads of great fanart!). Catching it has also always been such a painful process, but great Pokemon don't come cheap either, so I guess that suits it well :D

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
totally forgot about mew Articuno is my favorite, for its majestic design and frigid location. I think Ice types were quite rare in the first gen games, and I quite liked exploring a snowy cave. To me, that was a lot more interesting than stumbling around in the dark or being surrounded by brown rocks, haha. I felt quite accomplished catching my Articuno.

Back