• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Type Cycle Challenge! (REVIVED!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnailCandy

Bass Dropper
Years
Sorry it took me so long to reply, guys! I've been far too busy for my health over the past few days! Eh heh...~_~

@VaniluxeDeluxe:

Scrafty
560.gif

Sawsbuck
586.gif

Cofagrigus
563.gif

@Buzz Buzz:

Infernape
392.png

Roserade
407.png

Rampardos
409.png

@GucciMeme: Awesome job with the fight! I've made four userbars for your success. You may use whichever you like the most! :)

Spoiler:

@ShadeDraco: I'm sorry to hear that. :( I'll expunge your name from the list. Good luck in your future challenges!

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
Years
Update #1:
-Started with Oshawott so I could get Pansear ASAP.
-Sped through as much of the beginning as possible until I got Rouge the Pansear.
-Backtracked to train Pansear.
-Took on the first gym and lost. Things sucked with only 30 power Incinerate. =[
-Trained some more then took on the gym and won.
-Made my way to Nacrene, again avoiding as many trainers as possible.
-Caught Tympole and did some more training.
-Took on Lenora and won.
-Took care of Plasma grunts in Pinwheel Forest. Bleu also evolved.
-Went to Castelia City, took on Burgh and won.
-Currently making my way through Route 4 en route to Nimbassa City.

Team:
Spr_5b_513.png

Rouge the Pansear Lv.27
Fury Swipes-Rock Smash-Bite-Flame Burst
Spr_5b_536.png

Bleu the Palpitoad
Round-Aqua Ring-Mud Shot-Bubblebeam

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 24, 2015
Username: HystericalPokeball
Challenge Type: Single
Game: Platinum :3
CC: G1 Grass, Ground, Poison (Hint hint Croagunk)

Zflyer

Master of Procrastination
Years
I notice this thread's gone quiet for a few days but I was wondering if I could sign up, it'd make an awesome first challenge

Username: Zflyer
Challenge Type: Single
Version(s): Emerald
CC: I3

By the way as mentioned, I'm kinda new to challenges and i just had a question. So i can assume updates are completely optional/do you need to include photos/screenshots in them?

Years
Challenge Type: Ultimate

Username: Flame999
Version(s): Fire Red
CC: F1

Version(s): Soul Silver
CC: Ft3

CC: W1

Version(s): Pearl
CC: G3

Version(s): Black
CC: F1

I hope I can do my ultimate like this

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
Username: BonBur
Challenge Type: ultimate
Version(s): FR,HG,Em,Pt,B2
CC: G1

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 10, 2014
I did this by "accident" on my most recent Black playthrough. And I have to say, it was waaay more fun than my original run in which I had to box my underwhelming Servine which made me feel somewhat detached from the rest of my team due to the loss of the Pokemon you're meant to have the strongest bond with...

Anyway, I used the Fire - Ground - Grass core of Emboar, Excadrill & Lilligant and it was intense! Didn't even realize the core until stumbling upon this thread.

Having less Pokemon allowed me to focus more, strengthening the bond between me and my Pokemon :3. Lol.

All in all, it was a great run. And seeing this thread, I may just take up the "Type Cycle Challenge" again. But 1 question... If I were to "continue", would Unova be counted towards an Ultimate FGG Run for me if I so wish it?

SnailCandy

Bass Dropper
Years
@Zflyer: Screenshots/Photos ARE optional; however, updates are required, but they can be broken up however you want. You could, in theory, post your entire run in a single update, but that would just be a hassle for everybody. I just need something to tell me how things are going in the challenge. Anyway, here's your team!

Walrein
365.gif

Altaria
334.gif

Blaziken
257.gif

@Flame999: I apologize for any confusion, but an Ultimate Challenge must be through the first 5 Gens (6th is optional) with the same cycle. You can do each of the ones you listed as separate runs, but you would need to stick to one run at a time.

@BonBur: Here's your first team!

Exeggutor
103.gif

Rhydon
112.gif

Arbok
024.gif

@-Spectra-: I don't see a problem with it! It would be appreciated if you were to do the rest of the games in order, though. :/ So, fill out a form and I can have your name up with the rest in no time!

Best of luck to all of you!!! ^_^

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Username: River Ramirez
Challenge Type: Single (May switch to Ultimate)
CC: I3

Question: Could I just make Torchic my starter and use it as my fighting type later on?

Zflyer

Master of Procrastination
Years
I apologize for the first update being so late, I've been away on vacation and couldn't start the challenge. However, without further ado...

Update
-Woke up in the back of a truck
-After saving George Garcia from a Zigzagoon, received Strider the Torchic (named for those long-ass legs Blaziken has)
-Lost to my rival 3 TIMES (crit hax for days)
-Helped some kid named catch a Ralts even though he could CLEARLY do it himself
-Trudged through the Petalburg Woods, made much easier by the addition of Ember
-Grinded until Strider evolved into Combusken, allowing him to DOUBLE KICK ROXANNE'S ENTIRE GYM
-Saved Peeko from a Aqua grunt who I suddenly realized looks like a pirate, and then hitched a ride to Dewford
-Stumbled through Granite Cave in the dark
-Bumped into a lot of things
-Pecked my way through all of Brawly's gym, getting up to level 23 in the process
-Sailed to Slateport and stopped some more pirates from stealing stuff from the ocean scientist who's name I cannot recall
-Accidentally replaced Ember with Bulk Up because I no smart
-Regret previous mistake deeply
-Advanced to Cycling Road and eventually Mauville, where I crush that one kid's Ralts into pulp
-Fought everyone in and around Mauville until...
-Strider evolved into a Blaziken, gaining Blaze Kick and looking hella awesome
-This is starting to feel like a solo run...

Team
Blaziken Lv. 36
-Blaze Kick
-Double Kick
-Peck
-Bulk Up

So thats it for now, my next step will be to suffer through the hardest gym EVER and hopefully not die too much, my next update will probably be later today and hopefully will be a lot shorter
By the way, does anyone know how to put sprites in the text? Like is it copied and pasted or linked or something?

Years
Username: joshbl56
Challenge Type: Ultimate
Version(s): Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Volt White (the hack of White version. If I can't use it then I'll just go with White)
CC: Ft2

By the way, does anyone know how to put sprites in the text? Like is it copied and pasted or linked or something?

You have to click the button that says 'Go Advance'. Once there, there will be a button that says Insert Image. Use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back