• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My brain won't work

Years
One of the things that plagues all writers to some degree is the dreaded "writer's block" where you just cannot seem to produce any ideas or make the words flow. Us RPers are far from being immune to this unfortunate occurrence and it can be quite the frustration at times.

How often do you find writer's block getting in the way of your RPing? Does it last long? How do you deal with writer's block?

Discuss all things related to this scourge against mankind here.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I've had that for the last few weeks, but it's getting over now, luckily. It is really annoying, because it now took me about a month to work out a character background and write a sign up for Explorer's Guild.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
I find the best way to fix writer's block is to actually start writing :P

Though I rarely get it, it's usually laziness from my side xD

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Most of my writer's block in regards to rping is just laziness. I just don't feel like writing, and so I end up putting it off. And most of the time its not really a big deal because half of my rp posts are jps anways. Either that or they go off of something that has already been established so there's not too much to think about yet.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Writer's block got me a few times during Outbreak. It actually really helped because I changed the story and plot based on how my block got me. Haha.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Writer's block helped? Is that even possible?
You broke logic again Klippy.

I had one possible plot where we traveled to the military base and met up with some of Bratton's men, but I had writer's block on how to get us there, so I thought more and came up with the grocery store/Garner's stuff. :P

Years
I had one possible plot where we traveled to the military base and met up with some of Bratton's men, but I had writer's block on how to get us there, so I thought more and came up with the grocery store/Garner's stuff. :P

That was so much fun actually.
Still I don't know if I'd call that helping haha

Back