• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Advanced Cry Editor

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Today, I am proud to release a new tool. It is not another script editor or intro editor, but something that hasn't been made yet: A cry editor.

Features

• Easy to Use GUI
  • Compatible with all ROMs and languages.
  • Speedy ROM Writing

System Requirements

• Windows Xp, Vista, or 7
  • .Net Runtime v4.0

Change Log

Version 1.0 - Initial Release
Version 1.1 - Fixed a bug that limited the length of the cries. New max length is 2.25.
Added online updates.
Added multithreaded writes to ROM.
Changes Audio Library to one without an advertisement.
Fixed a few grammar errors and bugs in the code.
Added more safety checks when writing to the ROM.

Media:

scr1.jpg
scr2.jpg
scr3.jpg

Downloads

Version 1.0
Version 1.1
Version 1.2

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I see a little grammatical mistake:
...Windows Sound Recorder so its length is less than 2 seconds. (You wrote it's.)
But I'll certainly be using it.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
Hooray! Does this one automatically re-point to free-space?
Does it re-write the old cry with '0xFF' bytes in the case of a repoint?
What's it written in?
[and also, TS] I think that an apostrophe is supposed to be used in case of possession.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
I have two questions:
1. Can i just replace in-game cries like just copy the offset of one Pokemon's cry and insert it into another?
2. Sorry for asking, but the application doesn't work for me. It says something about .NET, v4.0.30319.

Shiny Quagsire

Years
I see a little grammatical mistake:
...Windows Sound Recorder so its length is less than 2 seconds. (You wrote it's.)
But I'll certainly be using it.

I'll fix that. It's only a first release so far. :)

Hooray! Does this one automatically re-point to free-space?
Does it re-write the old cry with '0xFF' bytes in the case of a repoint?
What's it written in?
[and also, TS] I think that an apostrophe is supposed to be used in case of possession.

Yes, it repoints to free space automatically. It also makes sure that there is enough free space for the cry to be written. As for the overwrite thing, I'm going to try and figure that out.

Nope. It's its. This tool looks useful. I do want to test something though. Will it insert even if the sound is longer than two seconds? Or will it auto-abort?

Yes, but most cries don't work over that length from what I've seen.

I have two questions:
1. Can i just replace in-game cries like just copy the offset of one Pokemon's cry and insert it into another?
2. Sorry for asking, but the application doesn't work for me. It says something about .NET, v4.0.30319.

1. Not yet, but I'll add that support.
2. You need .NET runtime v4.0. Google it, and it should be the first link.

As of now, I'll be fixing the spelling error(s), speeding up the process of inserting, switching the audio library to one without an ad, and adding online updates. After I get those things out of the way, I'll add more "fun stuff" like pitch adjustment, possibly speed adjustment, cry swapping, and so on.

Shiny Quagsire

Years
Most, but not all. Which ones do work that are over 2 seconds. I know there is Jynx, but which other ones are there?

Arceus, Monferno, Shaymin, ones like that. The length issue is also partly because of a bug in the code, which I fixed. As soon as I get online updating, I'll release the fixed version. ;)

btw, How many people have got this working sucessfully?

Last edited:

Bela

Banned
Years
It doesn't work for me. Inserting cries and trying to encounter those Pokemon's cries in-game result in either no sound or, for the 252-276 ? Pokemon, still an Unown cry.

Shiny Quagsire

Years
It doesn't work for me. Inserting cries and trying to encounter those Pokemon's cries in-game result in either no sound or, for the 252-276 ? Pokemon, still an Unown cry.

I should have said something about that. You cannot repoint the 25 pokemon between Celebi and Treeko. The game purposely loads the unown cry instead of using the cry table, thus not allowing those pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
Decimal Number wrong [?]

Hi, this is a great tool. so easy to use.
thank's for this :D

i wanted to change the Treecko Cry, but i can't found the
DECIMAL NUMBER of him.
it's supossed to be "277" in the ROM.
But. after various tries, i found only this:

268 - GROVYLE
271 - TORCHIC
277 - MUDKIP

What's Going on?!
Please Help.:(

PD: The "Import Cry" works very well.:D​

Shiny Quagsire

Years
Hi, this is a great tool. so easy to use.
thank's for this :D

i wanted to change the Treecko Cry, but i can't found the
DECIMAL NUMBER of him.
it's supossed to be "277" in the ROM.
But. after various tries, i found only this:

268 - GROVYLE
271 - TORCHIC
277 - MUDKIP

What's Going on?!
Please Help.:(

PD: The "Import Cry" works very well.:D​

It was a bug in the code. It's fixed now though, ;)

A-Cry v. 1.1 Released!

This version is a bugfix update, and fixes several bugs. Now all 8bit 11kHz cries can be inserted, and the limit by the game is 2.25, which is more than enough really. It also adds online updates, safer cry inserting, faster ROM writing, a new audio library without an ad, and several small bugfixes.

A-Cry Version 1.1 Download

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
It was a bug in the code. It's fixed now though, ;)

A-Cry v. 1.1 Released!

This version is a bugfix update, and fixes several bugs. Now all 8bit 11kHz cries can be inserted, and the limit by the game is 2.25, which is more than enough really. It also adds online updates, safer cry inserting, faster ROM writing, a new audio library without an ad, and several small bugfixes.[/URL]

:D Thanks Shiny Quagsire, like Superman, you saved the day :P
I'm going to test this new Version!!!

timson733333

Woah.
Years
It says:

"An error has occured while converting the WAV to GBA format.
Make sure your cry is an 8bit 11khz WAV file, then try again. (It is)
Error: Access to the path "C:\temp.wav" is denied."

timson733333

Woah.
Years
Alright, it works now. Thanks. :)

*Edit: When I try to change a cry in Emerald (Bulbasaur -> Snivy), the sound doesn't play. Why?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
How come when I replace a cry in Pokemon Emerald, there is always a glitch like when you are about to catch a pokemon, and when you go to bag, the screen goes blank or the game restarts. Can anyone help me?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Thats funny, because when I use Pokemon Emerald, it works but there is always a glitch.

Back