• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Hey everyone... I'm new. Decided I needed the support group. I've hatched over 8 boxes of Bulbasaur with no dice, but I'm determined since they know Power Whip, Skull Bash, and Leaf Storm >.<

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2020
When you start your game, take out your parents and then redeposit them. In Trade Corner, we've postulated that the game has a bug in it where it 'forgets' that your parents are Masuda-capable and doesn't take account of the Shiny Charm when you turn your game off. So when you turn it back on, take your parents out and then put them back in. Of course, you have to be careful with your egg moves (making sure they still know them) with this method, but it works. I've gotten two shinies in three days and I do not have the Shiny Charm.

FYI: Shiny Goomy and Shiny Shroomish ♥♥

Bull.

Also, two shinies in 3 days means nothing btw. You need to say how many eggs you hatched.

Anyway, its perfectly possible to go 1800 eggs or more without a shiny whether you have shiny charm or not. The above is just a new superstition that needs to be debunked. If you're going to say it, please do some research on it first with more than just a handful of people.

And since I'm posting here I'll go ahead and give my shiny egg count:

Bulbasaur: 2200 eggs - 2 Shinies
Charmander: 300 eggs - 1 Shiny
Squirtle: 200 eggs - 1 Shiny
Koffing: 1900 eggs - No Shinies at all
Eevee: 1800+ eggs - 1 Shiny

I do have a shiny charm btw.

Years
Shiny report for the week.

Tried to get s.Charmander (103 eggs failed), Tried S. Squirtle (30 eggs failed), Tried S.Snover (23 eggs failed), Drilbur (7 eggs failed), Accident Marill (8 eggs but on the 6th egg SHINY). It seems like Sunday is my hatching day because this is my 2nd MM shiny, the 1st was ralts.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
When you start your game, take out your parents and then redeposit them. In Trade Corner, we've postulated that the game has a bug in it where it 'forgets' that your parents are Masuda-capable and doesn't take account of the Shiny Charm when you turn your game off. So when you turn it back on, take your parents out and then put them back in. Of course, you have to be careful with your egg moves (making sure they still know them) with this method, but it works. I've gotten two shinies in three days and I do not have the Shiny Charm.

Wait... WHAT?!

...Oh Arceus... 3 months of fail... DX

Shhmew

Years
I went ahead and tried CC's method, and I did indeed get my shiny soon after.

Now, it could just be luck/coincidence since I was already approaching 2,000 eggs, more than most people have to hatch to get a shiny. But, if the game sincerely "forgets" you got a foreign parent in there after shutting off the game, that legitimately sucks.

Last edited:

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
HOLY S*** guys I'm not even kidding right now, I literally JUST started my new Masuda Method project, my FIRST project since I got the shiny charm, I really wanted a shiny Amaura and BAM just on my 7th egg, it's shiny!! What just happened xD

This is AMAZING ... I'm over excited right now xD , got that mini heart attack and was like... WHAT under 10?! Going to train this adorable cuty non-stop! And, I was looking at some pictures of a shiny Amaura at this moment, then I hatched it xD (Nature: Jolly, Gender: Male)

... I do hope for the rest of you out there, that maybe the Shiny Charm DOES work with MM, or... My luck has just increased MASSIVELY, this is also my first shiny since I got the charm, amazing way to celebrate

~WHOOO!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
Exactly one Masuda Shiny, and the first we had, ever (not counting RNG).

When we IV breed, we make sure to use foreign scout parents. Since it requires to check every single egg anyway, we might as well make sure that we won't miss any opportunity for an almost flawless shiny.
One day, suddenly there was a shiny Magikarp. Actually, it was quite a bummer because it did not have a Hidden Ability, its random value is SDef and it is quite low (16 to be exact). Well, reset and swapped the parents with a pair of Honedges who match the IVs at hand.

It may not be perfect, but its red blade is darned hot. We call it Sanguine, which is probably the name of every single shiny Aegislash in existence - not a very colorful name, do you think?

How do people obtain their Shiny Charms that fast?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Just keep trading on the GTS and it shouldn't take too long. Trading-up to a Legendary Pokemon might take a bit, but once you get the first one, it should be easy to chain-trade for the rest.

Also, you don't have to have Pokedex entries for event-only Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2020

People don't get it fast. It takes time and effort. o.o But as Superstrength said, chain trading is efficient. It also helps that you can train 5 pokemon at once using exp o-power and the fine dining restaurant rotation battles and triple battles.

But yeah, it's probably not something you can do in under 36 hours of gameplay.

Crystin

Master of Swords
Years
Hmmm, I'm currently MMing for a shiny Honedge (at about 500 eggs or so). I'll try Cordelia's suggestion and see if it works.

Also, almost 2000 eggs for a shiny? o.o I don't think I could do that. xD

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I am going to try MM'ing Fennekins with Cordelia's suggestion...after I get a female Fennekin. I am currently trying to hatch a Fennekin with perfect IVs and 0 IVs on Atk. So far, I managed to hatch 3 perfect Fennekins for this, but, they're all males... I need females so the Heal Ball will be passed to hatchlings. :3
Aw well~

Shhmew

Years
I am going to try MM'ing Fennekins with Cordelia's suggestion...after I get a female Fennekin. I am currently trying to hatch a Fennekin with perfect IVs and 0 IVs on Atk. So far, I managed to hatch 3 perfect Fennekins for this, but, they're all males... I need females so the Heal Ball will be passed to hatchlings. :3
Aw well~
Heal balls are just so darling aren't they?

I'm currently MMing another shiny for a friend, then I'm finally getting around to hatching my own shiny... My goal for myself is a Shiny Female Timid Vulpix with Drought and IVs of 31/x/31/31/31/31. Will I get it with all the fixings? Probably not, but I'm going to try and see how close I can get. :D

Shiny Ninetales is my favorite shiny, and one of my favorite pokemon ever. Getting this would be my dream. And I don't care how pathetic that sounds.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2020
Here's an update for me and my shiny eggs

Bulbasaur: 2200 eggs - 2 Shinies
Charmander: 300 eggs - 1 Shiny
Squirtle: 200 eggs - 1 Shiny
Koffing: 1900 eggs - No Shinies at all
Eevee: 1800+ eggs - 1 Shiny
Gligar; 50 eggs - 1 Shiny

I do have a shiny charm btw.

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
Years
I got a shiny squirtle. At first I didn't even notice! Shiny squirtle is almost the same as regular squirtle if you don't count the green shell, so I couldn't tell the difference since I just saw the front sprite. Thank Arceus I noticed the red mark that indicates it's shiny before I finished releasing all the squirtles I had in the box.

Shhmew

Years
I got a shiny squirtle. At first I didn't even notice! Shiny squirtle is almost the same as regular squirtle if you don't count the green shell, so I couldn't tell the difference since I just saw the front sprite. Thank Arceus I noticed the red mark that indicates it's shiny before I finished releasing all the squirtles I had in the box.
Heh, reminds me of when I hatched shiny Froakie; it looks the same, except the color is a little more faded/washed out. I had been hatching eggs all day so my first thought was that my eyes were bugging out. Second thought was that my screen was glitching out or something. .-. I had no idea what shiny Froakie looked like at the time and was almost sure something was wrong... but it was just the shiny. :D

froakie.gif
froakie-s.gif

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Heh, reminds me of when I hatched shiny Froakie; it looks the same, except the color is a little more faded/washed out. I had been hatching eggs all day so my first thought was that my eyes were bugging out. Second thought was that my screen was glitching out or something. .-. I had no idea what shiny Froakie looked like at the time and was almost sure something was wrong... but it was just the shiny. :D

froakie.gif
froakie-s.gif
I had a Fry face going on as well when I hatched my shiny Froakie. Not sure if shiny...

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
I just sent around 500+ Furfrous out into the world of WT. I'm just... not even going to think about how many I have them actually. Not trying to get any perfect IVs or natures, I don't even think of those.
I've reset my game a few times due to personal challenges so I don't have a shiny charm and I'm more or less going to reset this game too once I get my poofy woofy to join my team of "fluffies" in PokeBank.

Obviously would be much easier to zoom through the story and move my National Dex from White to PokeBank and just get it all over with, but I'm still very much in the mood to play my White2 on challenges so I want to have a filled up pokedex in hand for 'mons.

CurseShooter

Pokemon Legend
Years
I got a shiny Gastly after 18 eggs it was my first time doing this method. Now I'm trying for a Shiny Charmander and am currently through 223 eggs and nothing yet xD

Back