• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Hi. I wanna report a bug with the move "Play Nice". I have randomized the game a few times and when a pokemon does that move the game resets as soon as the move's name appears.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 15, 2020
I have tried to find gengarite so I can mega evolve my gengar for the elite four but I can't find it anywhere. I assumed it must be in the game considering you can battle other trainers who mega evolve their gengar (the precimos gym leader for example) but I never received it in game and I couldn't even find it on the official item list for the game. Does it not exist or is it just not listed on the item list.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 15, 2020
Hey so I got past the elite four and was just messing around with a bunch of the legendary pokemon. While I was training up a origin form Giratina I noticed that it couldn't learn Draco Meteor even though it should be able to in its gen 6 learnset which is what the ingame learnsets are bases on (or at least thats what the wikis said). Just to test it out i tried to see if altered form Giratina could learn Draco Meteor and he can which confused me. Is this intentional or is it just a bug because I would love to be able to teach it to my origin form Giratina to finish out my team.

LuQi

Wooloo Shepherd
Years
I just entered the Hall of Fame. I'm not sure why half my team shows as different mons entirely, but I love this hack anyway. Here's my team:
Imogi (Empoleon: Lv. 57)
Boris (Glaceon: Lv. 57)
Spear (Braviary: Lv. 57)
Hope (Venomoth: Lv. 59 - MVP Sweeper)
Helios (Solrock: Lv. 57)
Harlequin (Gourgeist: Lv. 58)
Update: Unlocked the Aerous City secret room and rekt the Memelord.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 18, 2019
I've been recently running through these forums to look for some ROM Hacks to try some out since I don't own any newer games and I've always preferred up to 5th gen and 6th being about where I've decided to draw a bit of a line.
I came across this game as it seemed like the best one to really try since It has so many of the newer Pokemon I like from the previously stated gens. I didn't get my hopes to to up as sometimes in my personal opinion ROM Hacks tend to go a little to far from what I personally enjoy about Pokemon. That it is a fantasy type setting, but it never really tries to be crazy about it when you look at it from a base line perspective (this is excluding things like catching gods, and pokedex entries that literally defy the laws of physics).

But after playing through the entire story I had to come and make my very first post on this site on this games post and about how much of an amazing job everyone who worked on it did.

I'll start with the fact that I have barely ever been able to keep attached to a real Pokemon game, so for a ROM hack to keep me hooked like it did is beyond amazing since I have never even played one past maybe 10 minutes. The first thing I wanna start with is the story, OH MY GOSH the story for this was absolutely cool. It honestly didn't feel different from any other Pokemon game, and I have to say that's why I Loved it so much. It was a story about the world almost ending, but while you played it really didn't feel like it. Which in most games is how I feel, no matter the game the world is going to get taken over or destroyed, but you honestly really don't feel that and it allows you to get stuck in the characters and game play. Now this isn't to say that this part of the story was poorly written I actually really liked that whole "New Elders" thing instead of some weird new team. I should also point out that I actually talked to probably 99% of the people in the game just to see how far the writing went. I don't even do THAT in Pokemon games like... holy shit man! and even the little tid-bits you'd get from the random NPCs was cool to read and laugh at as well. That was also something that I enjoyed, was the humor was also that of the original games as well.

Next thing I wanna say is the designs... oh... my... GOD... the design of all the sprites was AMAZING I don't wanna put down other peoples hard work or anything, but other games with custom or redesigned sprites I just can't really get behind. They aren't bad, just need some more practice. I'm also not saying they were perfect here either, but they were so well planned and things really flowed within the pixel art as well that made them amazing. It's weird to say but my second favorite main character design is now that of a ROM Hack like... dang. I'm assuming that the Pokemon were used from one of the massive redesign sprite sheets you can use? I didn't look into much after playing I kinda just came here to type this out. The last part I will mention about design for this game is the world this is were things are a little on the edge. While I think the world was decently laid out and somewhat easy to follow, some route seemed to be a little confusing and at some points I was unsure which direction to go. In terms of someone who likes to pick up everything I can it was really hard to find out which way looked like a side path and which lead to the next area. On top of this I'd say some of the routes were a little longer? Maybe it's just been a while since I played an actual Pokemon game but it really felt like sometimes it took to like to get to the next town.

The game was actually difficult! But not TOO difficult either. Trainers were what I feel they should be in ALL Pokemon games and the Pokemon in each area were in the right balance of randomness. By that I mean if you wanted to train you were most likely going to run into something that had type advantage on you making it hard to just run back and forth and smoke each Pokemon you ran into. This made training a somewhat difficult process at times and I enjoyed it. ESPECIALLY with all the newer Pokemon that were added.

Lastly I wanna end on a critique. This game isn't PERFECT in the slightest there are some weird sprite things going on, a big one being the waterfalls. Goomy has like a single pixel in the upper left hand corner in one of its two party animations. There are of course some grammatical errors, personally I think I only caught two or three, but I honestly read things "correctly" sometimes. There were obviously some other things I pointed out above as well, but that doesn't take away from how amazing this game actually is. I really can't wait for v4, and it's weird to be excited for a ROM Hack update that actually new video games :3

If you end up reading this creator(s) keep it up, and I would Love to see another ROM Hack this good in the future :D

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen May 28, 2021
Played this game and it's great! Amazing storyline and gameplay.
Idk if anyone mentioned this before, but there's a glitch when the opponent Mega Evolves their Pokemon in battle, sometimes my Pokemon's attack would hit itself instead of the opponent, it really screwed me up when I was playing a Nuzlocke lol

Years
A simply stunning Rom Hack, at the level where until you beat the game it really hardly feels fan made. Feels like it could be straight outta 2004. (Besides the updated new features)

I'd give this hack a 10/10 as a Rom hack and a 7.5/10 as a Pokémon game.

Everything really runs smoothly.
The new music is fantastic
The story at least on the level of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
the amount of work, blood, sweat and tears put into this hack are apparent by its quality
Excellent experience, looking forward to future updates.
(Bonus points for Meme Lord trainer class)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 20, 2023
Great game! My only feedback is two specific bugs I noticed:
When your rival uses a mega stone i think it defaults to his original name (Coulter)?
And also i used a sylveon on my team but in the hall of fame it displayed a miltank instead lol

Neither of those are big deals though and didnt affect my enjoyment of the game, only the immersiveness!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 22, 2020
Hello, I have some issue with the berry seller in the Edashore Town. When I first arrived at the town and just completed the quest, she sold me EV reduction berries like Kelpsy and such. But when I left the town and came back she no longer sold it anymore after a restock. Is this a bug or am I missing something here? I kept buying and make her restock again and again but she would not have those berries. I've searched for the solution but it seems like no one has had the same issue.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 28, 2020
Like many others I created an account on this forum just to comment on this hack. First of all I'd like to thank you Spherical Ice for your amazing work. This is by far the best hack I've ever played. I wanted to ask if there is a possibility that you would implement a couple of features regarding the battles in a future update.

1. I played the new version of Glazed and I think the animation of the sprites add so much more character to the Pokemon. I'd really love to see this in Gaia.
2. The battle backgrounds you see in Countryball are very impressive. In my opinion this helps the immersion of the game a lot and it brings a fresh feeling to GBA hacks. Even if the background is not moving. Though I think it's very important that those backgrounds have a coherent art style with the location preview images (I mean those when you enter a cave and so on)
3. I think the brown battle UI could be improved with more neutral colors. Honestly, I think there is no need to change the original style.

Those three changes would make Gaia THE perfect Pokemon game for me.

Anyways, I am really looking forward to v4! Thanks again for this great game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 13, 2022
Just beaten this game earlier today and it is a very good rom hack to play through.
My hall of fame team is as follows:
(Note: Sylveons hall of fames sprite was replaced with Miltanks so that was quite a laugh)

Continent: Torterra lvl 61
Android: Ampharos lvl 57
Athena: Sylveon lvl 59
Hades: Charizard lvl 58
Kip: Swampert lvl 58
Aura: Lucario lvl 59

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 19, 2019
I've been meaning to play Gaia for years. Downloaded it once around a year ago but didn't go further than the first gym. Just finished it and I went with bug types only for a challenge. Gotta say, that mega blaziken was not at all kind to me.
I got Joltick really early in the game and I love my Galvantula. The rest of my party was Volcarona, Heracross, Scizor, Armaldo, and... err... Haxorus. I know it's not a bug type, but I really didn't want a HM slave post-game and wanted surf, so here we are. In my defence, I've always thought Haxorus should be bug-dragon.
Absolutely loved the game, it's got a great plot, particularly by rom hack standards, and could easily stand on its own as an original title.
Really really glad I got around to it, amazing game.

Aritra_legend

Gamerdragon
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jul 2, 2020
When will the version 4 launch? The game is really nice and I am waiting for version 4.0

Back