• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shucklin

Punch in the Meowth!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
Could you make them with an emerald movement sprite? I think you did that with some on the 1st page.
And you guys are doing B/W Sprites Right? Ill help if there's a tutorial. Right now I need final forms of evolutionary families, and ones that used to be final forms, so I could have magmar and magmortar, but not magby

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Finally crossed the half-way mark with Gen IV Pokemon.
497.png

498.png

499.png

500.png

501.png

502.png

503.png

Could you make them with an emerald movement sprite? I think you did that with some on the 1st page.
No. Because that would add at least another 1-2 years to the project. And I want to work on Pokemon DarkViolet as soon as possible, so there is no way I'm adding a year's worth of delay. And I'm planning for Pokemon DarkViolet to be based off of Pokemon Ruby, so second frames are unnecessary. And I honestly don't care about people who want to use updated sprites for Pokemon Emerald, they can suck it.

And you guys are doing B/W Sprites Right? Ill help if there's a tutorial. Right now I need final forms of evolutionary families, and ones that used to be final forms, so I could have magmar and magmortar, but not magby
I am not doing B/W only sprites, I choose what I think is the best sprite out of the 4th and 5th Gen games, and I apply the color palette that is closest to the Sugimori art. If none of the palettes are close to the Sugimori art (like Golem), then I use a custom palette. And not to sound rude, but I really don't care what sprites you need. All sprites will be finished eventually so just be patient :)

Years
Thank you for the new updates from 4th Gen! You rock! All the best! The outcome should be marvelous ^__^

Shucklin

Punch in the Meowth!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
Sheesh. I tried it out with Beedrill, and damn that's hard! I have so much respect for you now. I'm almost done just I have an extra color for some reason. Otherwise it looks really good. Ill give it to you when I'm done. Oh, and its got the 2nd frame.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Sheesh. I tried it out with Beedrill, and damn that's hard! I have so much respect for you now. I'm almost done just I have an extra color for some reason. Otherwise it looks really good. Ill give it to you when I'm done. Oh, and its got the 2nd frame.
I appreciate you trying to help, but please don't. I've already picked out which sprite from which game I'm going to resize for all 649 Pokemon, and there's no way that you can read my mind and pick the correct Beedrill sprite. Not to mention you said yourself that you're having a hard time, so your sprite is bound to have errors (nearly everyone that has tried to help so far has had errors). Even Wiznatt's 4th Gen backsprites I'm using, everyone that I'm using I've had to edit because it didn't fit perfectly to my guidelines. And a lot of the Gen IV backsprites are completely done by my anyways, since Wiznatt only did D/P backsprites, and a lot of Pokemon got updated backsprites in Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver, so I've had to make new backsprites for those Pokemon. See how picky I am? It's because I want this project to be of near-perfect professional quality. And I already said I don't care about 2nd frames since I'm hacking Ruby, and Jambo51 is hacking FireRed.

Shucklin

Punch in the Meowth!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
I appreciate you trying to help, but please don't. I've already picked out which sprite from which game I'm going to resize for all 649 Pokemon, and there's no way that you can read my mind and pick the correct Beedrill sprite. Not to mention you said yourself that you're having a hard time, so your sprite is bound to have errors (nearly everyone that has tried to help so far has had errors). Even Wiznatt's 4th Gen backsprites I'm using, everyone that I'm using I've had to edit because it didn't fit perfectly to my guidelines. And a lot of the Gen IV backsprites are completely done by my anyways, since Wiznatt only did D/P backsprites, and a lot of Pokemon got updated backsprites in Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver, so I've had to make new backsprites for those Pokemon. See how picky I am? It's because I want this project to be of near-perfect professional quality. And I already said I don't care about 2nd frames since I'm hacking Ruby, and Jambo51 is hacking FireRed.

I totally understand. And the 2nd frame is just a plus for us emerald guys. If you dont like it , that's totally fine. Ill just send it to you when i'm done and if you keep it or not thats fine. I'm using the d/p sprite.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2014
really nice work chaos rush! these really magnificent. i thought i should let you know, the shiny garchomp sprite is the same palette as the normal sprite, or least it looks like it to me. i figured you'd wanna know in the case that it wasnt on purpose and you'd wanna fix it. these sprites are absolutely amazing though!

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2013
@ agentxg8 Normal and Shiny Garchomp looks relatively the same, it was on purpose. Shiny is just a tad bit darker.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Here's a bunch more front sprites

front-29.png
frontshiny-29.png

front-26.png
frontshiny-26.png

front-24.png
frontshiny-24.png

front-23.png
frontshiny-23.png

front-15.png
frontshiny-15.png

front-17.png
frontshiny-17.png
Gonna take me a while to assemble these into sheets, but thank you, I'll remember this when the time comes.

EDIT: Also I can't guarantee I'll be using all of these. Slowking looks too big

Last edited:

Rodriguezjames55

No Jokes #MegaCharizard
Years
i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa429/rodriguezjames55/pawniardsprite.png
my Pawniard sprites for wichu editor
i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa429/rodriguezjames55/Pawniard.png
Pawniard's icon
i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa429/rodriguezjames55/bisharp.png
bisharps sprite
you can use them if you like its for my hack

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
512.png

All Gen IV Pokemon up to Snover are done. All that's left is Abomasnow, the evolutions of older Pokemon, the legendaries, and then Generation IV will be complete.

i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa429/rodriguezjames55/pawniardsprite.png
my Pawniard sprites for wichu editor
i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa429/rodriguezjames55/Pawniard.png
Pawniard's icon
i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa429/rodriguezjames55/bisharp.png
bisharps sprite
you can use them if you like its for my hack
okay but sorry ur sprites suck lol and use proper grmmrz nxt time kthxbai

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2021
For the sprite project that I've been working on, I'm actually done with Gens 1-4, at least for front sprites (I have to recolor the old backs still), so I decided to continue on with from where you left off with Gen 5 fronts. Once again, I only resized the sprites that needed it, and just to 64*64.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Wiznatts, those are wonderful, I'll be making backsprites for them once I'm done with Gen IV. I'm almost done with all Gen IV sprites, I just finished Gallade:
308fvb9.png

And the custom Excadrill is fine, a lot of Gen V Pokemon are going to need custom sprites anyways, since they would look to small if you scaled them down to fit while keeping the same aspect ratio. Hence why my Reshiram and Zekrom sprites were custom (I took them down because I was unsatisfied with them)

EDIT: Also, may I see your sprites for Gen I-IV? And may I use some of them? I'll most likely end up using the "big" Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Err... You forgot to upload them. :P But Gallade looks great, I can't believe you've made so much progress in a few days. :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Updates?

Dear Chaos Rush, I love your sprite resource. I am currently using them with Wichu's sprite editor. But may I ask, every time you complete 1 or more new sprites, will you upload them into your downloadable package? Just asking out of curiosity?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Err... You forgot to upload them. :P But Gallade looks great, I can't believe you've made so much progress in a few days. :D
I didn't forget. I'm going to post all the individual sheets once I complete Gen IV.

Dear Chaos Rush, I love your sprite resource. I am currently using them with Wichu's sprite editor. But may I ask, every time you complete 1 or more new sprites, will you upload them into your downloadable package? Just asking out of curiosity?
No, I'm not. But once I finish a Generation, I will upload a package. I'm almost done with Gen IV.

I'm not going to upload individual sheets yet, but in the mean time I'll just show you a montage:
zohzs.png

If anyone notices some Pokemon have different palettes, its because I'm making them look more like their official Sugimori art. For instance, Magnezone now blends better with it's pre-evolutions. And Gallade's red thing was changed to maroon just like its Sugimori art, and it fits in with the B/W sprites of Ralts, Kirlia, and Gardevoir far more easier.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Thnx

Chaos Rush said:
No, I'm not. But once I finish a Generation, I will upload a package. I'm almost done with Gen IV.

I'm not going to upload individual sheets yet, but in the mean time I'll just show you a montage:
zohzs.png

If anyone notices some Pokemon have different palettes, its because I'm making them look more like their official Sugimori art. For instance, Magnezone now blends better with it's pre-evolutions. And Gallade's red thing was changed to maroon just like its Sugimori art, and it fits in with the B/W sprites of Ralts, Kirlia, and Gardevoir far more easier.

Thanks for the info. Now I know when to re-download again.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2012
Your work is amazing. I was doing something similar with the gen IV pokemon related to other generations (Electivire etc), and wasn't bad... until I saw yours xD.
Also the new pallets are a great touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back