• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In your opinion, best playstation 1 game

Years
Even though we had a Playstation, I never actually played it that much. My favorites that I do remember playing though were the Gran Turismo, Spyro and Tony Hawk Pro Skater series. I also remember renting Driver one time, and I played it so often those couple of weeks that I still have the invincibility cheat memorized nearly 12 years later.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I am appalled. Syphon Filter 1, 2 and 3 were THE best PS1 games ever, not to mention the best TRILOGY.

I also liked the Crash Bandicoot series too, like Crash 1-3 and Crash Team Racing. Oh my god I wish I could play those againnnnn <3

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
Omg, I loved the Digimon World series! (1 and 2 and 3, I think 4 was released on the PS2 and I didn't like it as much as the first three :/) Also, the first three Spyro games. Spyro the Dragon was actually one of the first games I ever played, along with DK64 for the N64. /nostalgia

.MiKeY

Tank Operator
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
Final fantasy IX easily.
Even though it was originally made for the Sega then remade to PSX, the Langrisser series, God those games are sooo good.

Years
Spyro the Dragon for me, I loved the music and it's such a classic.

The Crash Bandicoot and Tekken games also entertained me a lot.

Last edited:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Need I say more? Crash Team Racing is definitely the best playstation game I have played. The Spyro the Dragon series comes in a close second.

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years
Omg, I loved the Digimon World series! (1 and 2 and 3, I think 4 was released on the PS2 and I didn't like it as much as the first three :/) Also, the first three Spyro games. Spyro the Dragon was actually one of the first games I ever played, along with DK64 for the N64. /nostalgia

Yes, definitely the first 3 Spyro games! The 3rd was best! I also loved Digimon World 3! Ahh, all those good times spent with my Beelzemon and Imperialdramon PM :D

But also, I think Vagrant Story was an absolutely amazing game! One of the best RPGs I've ever played, because there was just so much to do. The gameplay was unique, and the story was so enthralling.

Zozma

I'm a blur
Years
Ooh. What a difficult question. I'm going to have to go with Suikoden 2, but Persona 2 creeps in pretty close afterward. They're both such different games that it's difficult to really choose one over the other.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'm stuck between Grandia and Digimon World 1... I think I'll go with Digimon World 1 just because I've replayed it countless times so it has to be pretty good. xD It's an amazing game with so many different aspects to it and a great story, plus raising your partner is so much fun and guessing what they'll turn in to is very entertaining, especially when it surprises you and becomes an ultimate. x] Grandia is amazing too as I've posted many times before, but Digimon World 1 is simply an unforgeable game and I love playing it so much. <3

Years
You guys all have such good taste.

But I'm going to have to go with Spyro the Dragon, I could play it over and over for countless hours. And back when I was still a youngen I would spend literally all day imagining scenarios in Gnasty's loot after you got 100%

Next up I would say Digimon world 1, I never did complete the chart and collected all the different species, but hey I had fun trying.
When I got my first Ultimate, I was so so so excited, Pheonixmon if I remember correctly. Finished the storyline with that one.

And 3rd I think probably the Crash Bandicoot trilogy. I loved them, I just did.
Also Crash Bash was a very good multiplayer game, I would play for hours with my mates, only two player and swap every time you lose because we couldn't connect 4 controllers unfortunately.

Years
Best PS1 Game

For me, 1st place would have to go to the Alundra series, I absolutely loved those games! Maybe because I am such a Zelda fan, that I love Alundra 1 and 2 the most out of all the other games.

The Spyro the dragons series comes in at a close second, especially the first game, I used to play it for hours on end. That little dragon was such a cheeky little guy.

And Grandia is tied with FFIX in third place. At of all the PS1 games I play, I often find my self coming back to these, and playing the day away ;p .

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
PS1 was/still is the greatest thing in console gaming for me. It brings back so much of my childhood whenever I play it. Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories was a great game, as was Crash Bash, Digimon World and any of the Spyro games. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit was definitely one of my favourites as well. Perhaps my favourite of them all was the Tekken series, homg wow. Spent so many hours on that game.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
It's a tie between Crash Bandicoot, Pyro the Dragon, Bugs Life Game and Metal Gear. Good times...and may I add that the Playstation 1 intro sound was creepy!

Years
Oh those are awesome games as well, Tekken and Metalgear Solid. I could play those for ever.
Tekken 3 was what I grew up with I'd battle my uncles and end up losing most of the time but it was such a good bonding experience haha.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
Hmm, best PS1 game... That's impossible. There's too many fantastic titles on there to pick just one.

As far as RPGs go... there were countless good ones, but the Final Fantasy series was undoubtedly the most popular. So I'll go with the best of the PS1 FF games, Final Fantasy IX.

Then of course there was Metal Gear Solid, which was something of a revelation to a lot of gamers. Stealth gameplay? And executed so damn well? Holy ****ing ****.

And you can't forget the Gran Turismo series. Gran Turismo 2 in particular being the king of PS1 racing games.

Also to a lesser degree, Silent Hill. But IMHO Silent Hill was just alright. It's Silent Hill's PS2 sequels that are the truly special ones.

Back