• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] [UPDATED] Pokémon Essentials, version 12.2 - 3rd August 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
No, it's called Pokémon Essentials v12.1 2013-06-19.rar, which is what you'd expect. Try refreshing the downloads page.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Any chance I can know where the fixes are located and what they are, so I don't have to copy all of my scripts but can edit those 4 things instead :)

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Can't you just modify version 12.1 instead? You probably should have waited until you knew the release was stable before dumping your game into it (I never claim that any release is stable; I just say it's a release).

Incidentally, I've re-uploaded v12.1 to include another bug fix. People wanting it should download it again.

On a related note, I think this update release thing is a nice idea. It saves needing a full download just for a few fixes (in this case), and it may well be done in future for things like additional move animations. I know it requires people to follow simple instructions, but that's really something they should learn.

the__end

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Ahh the update is there now. :)

On a related note, I think this update release thing is a nice idea. It saves needing a full download just for a few fixes (in this case), and it may well be done in future for things like additional move animations. I know it requires people to follow simple instructions, but that's really something they should learn.

That is indeed a good idea. These small updates, bug fixes and similar stuff will make the current release of Essentials more stable until the next full release. It will prevent people from asking for the same bug fix over and over again if they can fix it with an available update. Besides that there will be more "releases" which is good to keep people interested. Altogether a clever move. ;)

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Can't you just modify version 12.1 instead? You probably should have waited until you knew the release was stable before dumping your game into it (I never claim that any release is stable; I just say it's a release).

I can but that's like an extra 30 minutes of unnecessary work... Nevermind, I will.
I don't expect the releases to be stable, but I figured, you changed 4 things where-as I have changed many... Thought you could've helped a sister out :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
Quick question... I'm new to this stuff so how can I run it when it downloads as a .RAR? Shouldn't it download as an application? Or do I need the original version and the .RAR is an update?

DarkShadow21

Master of dark fire!!
Years
Quick question... I'm new to this stuff so how can I run it when it downloads as a .RAR? Shouldn't it download as an application? Or do I need the original version and the .RAR is an update?

Not trying to be rude but you don't "run" a .RAR file. You extract it. You will need an extractor/unzipper to get the files out of it. I suggest 7zip. It's a free version of WinZip which does primarily the same thing. Once you download and install 7zip, you need to right click on the .RAR file. Then you go down to where it says 7-Zip and ,from the popout selections, select "extract files". You, then, will be able to select where you want to extract it to and once you extract it you will have pokemon essentials.

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
You have done a fantastic job with pokemon essentials. I'm finally getting back into it thanks to the regional dex editor. But there's still a problem that's beginning to drive me nuts.

It's not a major bug, just how the pokemon lists are done in the editor when entering encounter info or the regional dex. It can get rather fustrating when you have to do a long list and you have to keep sorting through 600+ entires to find the one you want. Maybe if the list was more organized,

for ex. pick a letter of the alphabet and only pokemon who start with that letter appear. the GTS does it that way, so maybe if you could find a way to do the same thing here, that would really make things easier.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
You have done a fantastic job with pokemon essentials. I'm finally getting back into it thanks to the regional dex editor. But there's still a problem that's beginning to drive me nuts.

It's not a major bug, just how the pokemon lists are done in the editor when entering encounter info or the regional dex. It can get rather fustrating when you have to do a long list and you have to keep sorting through 600+ entires to find the one you want. Maybe if the list was more organized,

for ex. pick a letter of the alphabet and only pokemon who start with that letter appear. the GTS does it that way, so maybe if you could find a way to do the same thing here, that would really make things easier.
I disagree. Just using PageUp and PageDown for quick scroll the lists is enough.

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
*bangs head on table*

I forgot page up and page down keys work too. sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back