• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Gale • The Geor Adventure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
That's... that's... great! It looks very nice. I'm very impressed with what you can do with your sprites, Nevermore. It looks really creepy and, as you said, abstract. It looks like a swamp monster. By the way, what are those things that grow on the sides of its face, where its cheeks would be if it's a human?

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I created a swamp monster moose D:
Well, er, sort of.

What can I say, it's awesome. I'd so have it on my team. Love the DP style too ^^
Excellent job.

Oh, and are these the new starters or something?

Years
no, as i said before, they're just random pokemon in gale. they look like starters because they were deisgned to be my dex's starters, but for gale they'll most liely have their middle stages taken out or something.
^^ glad you like it though, i like it too. though the water one is my favourite.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
Well, I'm certainly glad the game's back on track. The new Pokemon look great! Also, how is the creation contest coming along?

Last edited:

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
I remember something my friend on another site recently said considering a pilot episode of a show he's on board for; basically, he said, "Pilot episodes of shows aren't meant to be perfect - they're just for showcasing.". The same can be held for game demos - one shouldn't always expect them to be flawless. Just my 2 cents on what everyone else is saying about the demo quality.

The Starters aren't bad; that Water one's final evo oughtta' look badass-as-hell.

EDIT: I just saw Swampede; um, what is Swamp Thing thinking, having a love-child with a moose? :P

Last edited:

Glitchfinder

Years
I think it's time for another one of my "overall progress" posts. ^_^ Here we go!

Well, I must say that this game has certainly matured. I've been watching it from the very beginning, even if I didn't always post. Although it started as "just another cheap project" that nobody thought would last more than a month, with heavy criticism from all sides, it has become something exceptional. Although the first demo showed virtually nothing of skill, and was quite poorly done, the second demo has shown that project hasd become truly great. The tilesets started out as poor quality rips and scratches, and have evolved into something that, if not exactly like those of Diamond and Pearl, are good enough to merit use in any game. The pokemon sprites have not only become better, they have become truly exceptional, although sometimes a little strange.

Overally, I think that this game has progressed from a poorly made "look what I did!" demo into an extremely well made game that can vie for its own place in the Pokemon world.

Years
heavy octillery: ^^ the water ones more friendly dolphin-dino-esque than badass. try fire.
and you just guessed my two sources of inspiration for the moose XD
glitchfinder: what a great post =D passed on all your comments to vav and our other team members, and thank you very much for your encouragement.
you've all been waiting way too long, so tonightwhen our programmer comes online, we're going to make a list of what we need to do to get the demo finsihed, and... well... get it done!

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
Years
This is a really nice game coming on here, and you can really see that a lot of effort has gone into it. I do however, just have one critisism, Cowherb.

The Pokemon itself is nice, yet Grass Starters follow the Dino/Reptile trend, and I really feel that breaking the trend is bad news. A cow is nothing like a reptile. You might decide to leave it, with the game not being official, but it would be more authentic with a reptilian grass starter. Good luck on the project.

Years
thanks for your opinion, but i think we're keeping cowherb's line. like you said, it's not an official game, and the starter 'trends' can be broken in a second, even in the official games. untill the fourth generation, all the water starters were herptiles. ^^ i'm sure you won't mind once you see the final stage.
trying to get some more screenshots from vav to show you, stay tuned!

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
Years
I can't particularly say that I love this game. Aside from the story, which is well done, everything looks like it's undergone a 5 minute thought process. First off, the screenshots really put me off. I mean, 2D D/P graphics are useless. Also, your maps are bare with no sense of detail whatsoever. They seem to be annoying to navigate as well, seeing as how you've put so much grass all over the terrain.

I don't see any link to the second demo that everybody is talking about. And trust me, I'm good at looking. If somebody can point it out, I'll be grateful. Coming back to the point... I played the first demo. And it was horrible. Get a proofreader to check up your grammar too. Even a good game totally loses it's feel with bad grammar.

Coming to your tilesets, they're too bright. Like I said before, 2D D/P graphics DON'T look good. You'll really need to edit the crap outta them if you want to make them look decent. Also, are you going to bother yourself with correcting the grammatical errors in the first post? If you can't do it, get somebody else to proofread.

This is never the way I comment in game threads. You can see my other posts. But this game needs some major improvements, seriously. I'm only offering constructive crticism.

Aqua Mudkip

LOL I'm okay!
Years
Aqua Mudkip: Besides updates of sprites, charsets and others, are there any screenshots lately? I wanna see more places from this game! Mapping and spriting from this game is good! And Kyledove's 2D D/P Tilesets can revolutionize the way the D/P tilesets are in 2D! (Sounds like a tongue twister! XD)

Glitchfinder

Years
I can't particularly say that I love this game. Aside from the story, which is well done, everything looks like it's undergone a 5 minute thought process. First off, the screenshots really put me off. I mean, 2D D/P graphics are useless. Also, your maps are bare with no sense of detail whatsoever. They seem to be annoying to navigate as well, seeing as how you've put so much grass all over the terrain.

I don't see any link to the second demo that everybody is talking about. And trust me, I'm good at looking. If somebody can point it out, I'll be grateful. Coming back to the point... I played the first demo. And it was horrible. Get a proofreader to check up your grammar too. Even a good game totally loses it's feel with bad grammar.

Coming to your tilesets, they're too bright. Like I said before, 2D D/P graphics DON'T look good. You'll really need to edit the crap outta them if you want to make them look decent. Also, are you going to bother yourself with correcting the grammatical errors in the first post? If you can't do it, get somebody else to proofread.

This is never the way I comment in game threads. You can see my other posts. But this game needs some major improvements, seriously. I'm only offering constructive crticism.

Trust me, everything is completely different from the 1st demo. The first demo was a "look what I did!". The new demo actually had a lot of effort.

Years
vampire krimm got it!
^^ the programmer's gonna be back later today, he said he'll give me the screenshots then. don't worry, i'll bug him untill he does!
archayos: glitchfinder's right, the game's changed an aweful lot since the first demo. just check back a few pages to see some new screenshots ^^
and no, there's no second demo yet, we're working on it.

in other news, nevvy's learning sugi art! you'll see artwork of the demo fakes and some other preveiws on the game's website we're making to host the demos, information, and updates on!

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Where are the screenshots? D:

*bumps*

Just trying to keep this thread active. Besides, I wouldn't want to see it dying off into the archived games w.o;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back