• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English release date! Revealed!

Years
Watch as Australia doesn't get it til 2 weeks later, lmao >__>

But yeah I expected it to be around November. October seems kinda a bit too early! Oh wait that's like 3-4 months nvm. n_n

I'd just better hope we don't have to wait 'til November cos that means we Aussies will be far behind. Aussies are always last of the English-speaking regions to get the games, the only time Australia had a main game released BEFORE America was Gold & Silver.

Keep in mind that Australia got Black & White 4 days after America, I hope they pull something like that.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I always thought Aus got it when the UK did. I never knew it was another date

Unfortunately no.

Sadly there is 5 days difference between the two even which isn't that great for Australia's release date.

Years
This one is especially for Nica.

Something tells me that Australians might have to wait until October 31st for B2/W2... what a disappointment cos this is a much longer gap between AUS/US releases than B/W.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
It is so nice to know the US gets it before Europe this time.
It is also great for it to be on a Sunday, because of school of course.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
This one is especially for Nica.

Something tells me that Australians might have to wait until October 31st for B2/W2... what a disappointment cos this is a much longer gap between AUS/US releases than B/W.

Why do you think that? :(( That's forever away! Actually we could get it on the 11th, which'd be before the UK. :3 If not, then it'll be a week later which'll be really sucky. :x

Years
Why do you think that? :(( That's forever away! Actually we could get it on the 11th, which'd be before the UK. :3 If not, then it'll be a week later which'll be really sucky. :x

Yeah, Australians always get the short end of the stick when it comes to English release dates.

Remember that Australia got Gold & Silver BEFORE America.

I just better hope it's not October 31st or I'll be disappointed cos then we'll heavily fall behind. The American and Australian release for Black & White was only a 4 day difference. Even worse if it's November.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Why not just get the UK or the USA version if your in Aus. Its a DS game so it won't have a region lock right?

If you play it on 3DS or DSi it will despite being a DS game, plus the fact that not all of us are willing to import since we don't trust that kind of stuff and it'd be easier just waiting.

But if I have to decide between import and waiting til release, even if it's 2 weeks later, then I'll just wait til the release. :x

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
Years
I think I am going to import the US copy like I did with BW1.

Hopefully these are region free on the DSi / 3DS like the english BW1.

If you play it on 3DS or DSi it will despite being a DS game, plus the fact that not all of us are willing to import since we don't trust that kind of stuff and it'd be easier just waiting.

But if I have to decide between import and waiting til release, even if it's 2 weeks later, then I'll just wait til the release. :x

The English copies of Black & White were reported to work on any DSi or 3DS from a different region I believe (I also imported the US version and they worked perfectly on my UK 3DS and DSi).

Seeing as the release dates are close to each other like BW1, hopefully Nintendo will do the same thing and just make the english copies region free, as it's cheaper to do that rather than produce 2 / 3 different batches.

Years
Ahh, October's a bit later than I was hoping for. :( Well, it's only a few weeks after what I assumed, so I don't mind waiting. I'm still not sure if I want summer to go slower or faster. XD;

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I honestly don't mind about this date. :> There's only 4 months to wait, whereas for BW there was 8 months (inc September), so it's not really a long wait. I'm glad it's close to Christmas because I can just get the other version then. :D

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It's a couple weeks after my Birthday so I'm not mad about it at all~ Gives me more time to save up for both at once~

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Not too fussed. I need a job so I can have money to get it and a 3DS. I think I'll be fine by God's grace.

Overall, pretty meh date, I don't know why haha. Glad it isn't any later!

Eeohnex

Illuminate
Years
Just as I expected, October is just four months away. I'm just glad it's getting release a few days before my birthday, perfect gift.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Whoever guessed that the release for Europe was the 12 was right...
Well glad to hear it comes out here on the seventh ^_^. I expect we will get the australian date announced next week. I guess this thread is now the australian release date speculation thread xD

Back