• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Oak Town

Shawn approached Haru and nodded his agreement. "I'm Shawn by the way. Kayla's boyfriend," he whispered to him the same way he introduced himself earlier. He stepped back, even with Kayla and proclaimed, "Now that almost everyone's with us, lets go find Holly. I'm sure she'd love to be involved." As he said this, he turned to Kayla and gave her a sly wink.

"By the way," he softly asked her, "how is your leg feeling? Is it still not hurting you so far?" He smiled and whispered to her, "There's no shame in asking me for a piggy-back ride if you need it." With that said, he gently kissed her cheek.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark sighed. She was right. It was the kind of thing that trainers did. He felt extremely awful for his stupid actions. Its not like he had this kind of thing happen to himself. He could have easily tried fighting those two. Maybe the exhaustion was getting to his head... no. He wasn't going to make a dumb excuse like that. This was all on him. How he didn't think of that sort of thing the minute he started being a trainer made him feel even stupider. he crouched up against one of the walls and hugged he knees, shivering again.

"...Bah...your right. Never did think about that kind of thing." Mark said looking at Snype. Snype himself never really thought about his own folks. Though he was caught when it was time to go out on his own... still, he did have friends among his little group when he went to Cerulean. He sure wasn't happy being separated from that life but Mark trained him to be a part of his lifestyle. That was what a Trainer did.

"...who knows? I don't even know how Len was captured, Commodore was a gift from my Dad when he was at the Game Corner, and Able was by herself and so was Kara. Gah I feel like an idiot. We could have taken them on..." Mark said with a sigh.

"But... I guess that's why we're in the academy. To learn about these things before going to the real world... I'm sorry Sammy. If there's anything I can do to make it up to you just tell me and I'll do it. Anything." Mark said.

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla groaned softly at Haru. "Idiot," she mumbled. She looked at Shawn and smiled. "I'm fine," she whispered. "I just have to hope that I don't slip in the snow and fall..." She gripped her crutches tightly and sighed. "I hope that Amy doesn't kill Haru by the end of today... At least not before our date..." Shadow tilted his head and frowned.

Amy crossed her arms. "Holly picked YOU out of all of the boys at this school? I can't believe this..." She groaned softly and walked closer to Haru. "I don't like you," she hissed in his ear. "And I promise you that if you hurt my sister in any way, I will find a way to make your life a living hell." Amy smiled and walked over to Chase. "This is going to be fun." She winked at Haru and laughed softly.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru Hatake

Haru took a big gulp. Dear Arceus this girl is going to kill me! "Eheh...Ehehehe." He began to laugh nervously, unsure of what to say. He finally regained his composure and coughed a little. "I promise you that I won't hurt Holly, in any way, shape or form." He crossed his hand against his heart and gave a humble bow. Haru laughed nervously some more and dropped back a bit. This girl was scary, but he had to win her favor so he could continue to go out with Holly. He really needed to impress her, even though she utterly hated him. "I promise upon my honor, as Haru Hatake." He gave a proud grin and flipped his hair out of his eyes. For perhaps the first time in his entire life, Haru Hatake was scared.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

"Ugh, just get up man," Sammy sighed. She never meant to make Mark feel bad. "Stop feeling sorry for yourself, it doesn't get you anywhere. And you don't need to make anything up to me, I wouldn't be a Trainer if there wasn't a part of me that enjoyed this kinda stuff, I just hate running away."

Maybe Mark wasn't such a perfect Trainer. Sure, his team was stronger than hers, but he'd been doing this for longer. Sure he knew stuff she didn't... but he'd been doing this for longer. She hated seeing people at their lowest...

"Listen... I love Pokemon. And yeah, we take them away from their lives in the wild. But we give them better nutrition, shelter, warmth, love, companionship, the chance to excel... We're not monstrous kidnappers, there's a balance here. I bet if you asked Snype he'd choose to stay with you and battle for you rather than go back to the wild. Corphish chose to join me. I took Cubone from a terrible life and am trying to give him a better one. I'm pretty sure Shuppet sought me out, somehow, for some reason. And Ponyta... well I dunno, we'll have to see. And don't worry about losing your cool back there. We all do it, yeah? If we were perfect we'd all be in the League Finals by now, right? You either pick yourself back up and try again, harder, or you lie down in the dirt. In a cave. In a volcano. It's your choice man."

And if he decided to be a misery after that she would just leave him here. Probably.​

Megaman765

Years
Mark nodded. The choice was obvious of course. He couldn't sit down and sulk! He looked like some attention wanting twit! He had to just troop through and take it, even if mistakes like this happened. He was about to appologize again for being such a sulker but didn't. It wasn't making him act any more like a man! Mark quit hugging his legs and sat straight up. After a pause, he answered.

"...Geez I sound pathetic! The heck am I doing complaining about these sort of things? I've been through worse! I nearly drowned in the ocean and I'm going to let a Magmortar chase get me down?" Mark said. He never did mention the whole drowning story to Sammy so she'd probably be confused by that... or curious. He shivered again.

"It's out of character for me to sulk like this. Persevering is what I like to do best! Heck even if we lost alot out here, it was still a heck of an adventure. And I'll bet you there's more to follow!" Mark said with a grin. He took a deep breath and panted a bit.

"But first lets catch our breath... we need some energy back before we hike down again." Mark said. He pulled out his water bottle again. "Want a drink?" He asked her.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

"Yeah, cheers," Sammy said with a smile, accepting the water bottle and taking a swig before handing it back. It was good to see that Mark wasn't a total wuss, she'd been getting worried for a minute there. The drowning thing was a bit of a curveball, but come to think of it he had been looking out at the ocean like a weirdo after their battle this morning. She'd have to ask him about that later.

"I had a good time, apart from the past ten minutes. But even the chase was a bit of a rush, I guess. But I totally think we should try and make our way back down off this volcano and get to somewhere a bit more civilized before the snow really sets in. Getting stranded up here isn't my idea of a good time. Once Spring comes round we can come back up and try again at getting you a Fire type, but until then we'll have to settle for the Power Plant for our next stupid decision," she grinned. "At least there's a road to that place, right?"​

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla sighed again. "Amy's going to tear him apart before this day is over," she muttered. She sighed again and called Holly on her Xtransciever. "Holly, I think it's time for you to leave class now," Kayla said as soon as her cousin answered. "Amy looks like she wants to kill Haru." Holly sighed. "Just once, I'd like to actually stay in class. I'm on my way. Where are you now?" she added. Kayla looked up. "We're about to get back to the academy. Hurry, okay?" Holly nodded and hung up.

Amy rolled her eyes. "Your honor means absolutely nothing to me. I need to know that you'll protect my sister and that you'll never leave her." She rushed over to Haru and tackled him to the ground. "You're really not helping yourself now, buddy." She pinned Haru's hands behind his back. "Now I'm angry. And when I'm angry, my Pokemon are angry." Chase sighed.

Megaman765

Years
"Yeah I'm sure there's a path to the Power Plant. It's pretty close to Oak Town. We can drop by the Pokemon Center on the way... he took a swig of water and gave a sigh of relief. Mark had enjoyed the Volcano himself. Sure being chased by a Magmortar was dangerous but it was still a heck of an adventure. Other then almost dieing and losing his T-shirt. Mark has little muscle so it wasn't like he had much to show. Besides, the breeze felt nice inside of the cave. He had a spare shirt in his bag but he decided to hold off on that for now and relax.

"Haha, yeah. For our next stupid decision, Lets see if we can get an Electabuzz angry! At least that can't light our stuff on fire. Haha" He joked, wiping a bit of swear off. He could still feel a bit of the heat of the Volcano nearby but the cold of the snow mixed in felt nice. The small cavern was empty as well.

"You know this place could make for a nice base... Not too far up the mountain and it has a pretty nice breeze up here. If not a base, maybe some kind of spa if the heat is better deeper in. Haha." He said with a grin.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Conor Crawford || Class --> Practical Battling

"I'm done, guys! So, what do we do now, just wait?" Mike announced as he finished writing down the information on Iny's Vulpix. Conor was about to respond when all of a sudden Zayne seemed to notice the snow outside. In light of this he released a large majestic Staraptor from its Poké ball and opened a window to allow the bird out. A sharp cold breeze rolled in due to the opened window. "Could you go and find out what's going on out there?" spoke Zayne as he looked down at the Pokémon. The Staraptor let out a cry and immediately was on its way skywards. Zayne then told the class to get back to work and proceed as normal.

"Hmm, what's going on here? First of all there's snow on an Island where there's a volcano. Secondly why would somebody send their Pokémon to 'find out what's going on' if it's just regular snow. It doesn't add up, something's not right here" thought Conor as he stared out the window. Conor wasn't slow when it came to these kinds of things, sure he wasn't the greatest battler of all time, but he knew when something was wrong, or out of the ordinary.

He looked around and noticed that Mike was no longer sitting down but rather up talking to the teacher. "What on earth could he be talking to him about now?" whispered Conor over towards Iny. He then grabbed the book in front of him, still opened on the page about Wartortle and decided to look at some Ice Type Pokémon due to the weather conditions.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy took a look around the cave, there wasn't a lot to it... it was just a cave after all.

"It's alright," she shrugged. "But if you want a proper secret base or whatever a volcano isn't exactly ideal, you might get washed away by lava any day. Somewhere further into the actual mountains and further away from the volcano would be better. With a spring, you want a water supply if you can get it. You realise how important water is when you're out at sea - surrounded by the stuff but you can't drink it."

She stretched, raising her arms up above her head and rising on her tiptoes. She hadn't expected this much physical activity at the Academy, she'd thought for sure she'd be standing around all day listening to lectures and telling her Pokemon to do stuff. This was better, but she could do without the extreme temperature changes.

"Come on then lazy bones. Let's get moving before we're snowed in on a volcano."​

Megaman765

Years
"True, but hey it could be a nice temporary hideout if your capturing Pokemon up here. But you got a good point." Mark said. Mark would have liked to relax a bit more but he'd like to get away from the Volcano before things got worse. He reached into his bag and pulled out a spare purple T-shirt. He didn't have a spare because he expected his other one to get burnt up, but because wild Pokemon fights could get intense. He could fall into something like water or maybe into a swamp or something. He had some spare pants in his bag as well incase he fell completely into something like that. Mark got up, stretched a bit and put on his T-shirt.

"Alright then! Let's head to the Pokemon Center and get our Pokemon healed up." Mark said. It was starting to get pretty cold but it wasn't a blizzard at least. It'd still be tough pushing through the cold environment like this.

"So uh... the sea? You spent alot of time on the ocean huh?" Mark asked, wanting to learn a bit more about Sammy.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

"Spent more time on the ocean than I have on land," Sammy said as they left the cave. She took a look around to make sure the coast was clear before setting back off down the trail. She rolled her sleeves back down, once they got further away from the volcano she was really going to start feeling the cold without her hoodie. She'd have to ask her Pops to pick up another one the next time he was in Kalos, but there was no telling when that might be.

"My mother died when I was only little, and my Pops is a sailor. So I went with him on the ships. sailing all over. This is the first time I'll have lived on land for more than a few months at a time since I was a kid. It feels kinda strange to be honest, I'll probably end up riding the ferry to the mainland back and forth just to feel at home," she joked. But it was something she'd thought about. "Pops is still sailing, but we figured it was time I had a shot at a bit more of a 'normal' life, y'know? So not long after I met Corphish Pops enrolled me here, and the cruise ship we were working on dropped me off in Kanto. I travelled around Kanto for a little while - that was when I met Cubone - and then I came here. Pretty boring I guess, but there you go."​

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Oak Town

Shawn shook his head as he saw Amy tackle Haru, which didn't seem right to him. He had to do something. He came forward and peeled Amy off the boy before helping him to his feet. He turned to Amy and put up a hand, "Whoa there, hothead. Calm yourself down. I'm not going to allow anyone to get hurt."

He stood between Haru and Amy, ready to see if she'd come after him again. If so, he'd do his best to move them out of the way. "I understand that you want to protect your sister, but she's gotta learn things on her own. Besides," he turned to Haru, "I can tell that he's a real nice guy and wouldn't hurt her in any way...Its the same way I feel about Kayla." He faced down Amy, similar to how someone would face a charging Tauros.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Megaman765

Years
Mark walked down the steep trail with Sammy, Shivering as the cold was starting to kick in. He wrapped his arms around himself to try and warm himself up. "I see... I've had a pretty bad history with large bodies of water myself. Heh... Don't get me wrong, living out in the Ocean sounds like a heck of an experience... your story isn't boring at all!" He said with a grin. Mark quickly tried to change the subject.

"I live in Celedon City so alot of my life involves a really gritty environment. Celedon has the shopping center sure, but outside of all that is a pretty crummy neighborhood and alot of crime. Team Rocket used to run the Game Corner in secret. My dad spent alot of time down there. He was a bit of a Gambling addict but he was one of the luckiest people there. He always won big. I assumed he must have been cheating but never got caught for it. Its how he got Commodore." Mark said with a sigh. "Snype and I liked to take strolls through the city at night to see what was happening. Some good, some bad, I've seen alot of what the city has to offer." He added.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

"That must be strange, growing up in just one place. Well I guess it isn't strange to you, but it'd be strange to me, y'know? I've never encountered Team Rocket, but I've heard about them from different passengers and stuff. We had a few run ins with Team Aqua pirates out at sea, but that's about it, everywhere we went we were lucky to just miss out on all the drama with the different criminal groups. Rocket, Galactic, Plasma... just the occassional Aqua drop out trying to cause trouble at sea. Are they really as bad as people say?"

She decided to gloss over the part about Marks dad being a chronic gambler, and a potential cheat to boot. It didn't seem approriate to focus on that part of the story, and she'd always been curious about the "villainous teams" besides.​

Megaman765

Years
"Yeah your lucky. Team Rocket were a bunch of horrible people. They used whatever means neccesary if it meant getting money. Using Pokemon to hurt people, torturing Pokemon to make them obey every command rather then train them properly, it was awful. The Pokemon they used were vicious... I mean, I never battled any of them or saw one in person thank goodness. I just saw them on TV and heard stories..." Mark said, sighing a moment.

"I heard a rumor there's Team Rocket spies in the academy disguised as students... it was on TV too I think. I bumped into one that I think turned out to be a spy. He was taken into Cynthia's office but I don't know what happened after that. News like that is enough to get anybody paranoid. Brrr..." Mark said, shivering a bit as they headed further down back to the Forest.

"It's scary... the fact that horrible people like that exists." Mark said.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

"Yeah, I saw that on the TV this morning too. They sound like a pretty nasty bunch. If there are any on the island they'd better hope I don't find them, I don't have much patience for people treating Pokemon badly. Team Aqua at least cared about Pokemon - Water types anyway - even if they were a bunch of morons. The ones we met out at sea had all just turned to piracy though, not really sticking to the message."

Sammy felt relieved once they were back in the forest. It was no ocean, but it was better than a lava filled mountain that could kill her at any time. Still, she'd gotten Ponyta out of it, so she could hardly complain. The sooner she could get Ponyta seen to and added to her team officially the happier she'd be.

"There's always going to be horrible people out there," she said, thinking of Cubone's original trainer. "It's another reason to be strong Trainers, so we can defend ourselves. And stop them if we ever find them."​

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla sighed and walked over to Haru. Standing on her toes, she whispered, "Sorry about that... I hope you're not hurt. Amy was always protective of Holly, but ever since her suicide attempt and the depression, Amy's been super-protective... She would probably like you a little bit if you hadn't been so... Um... You." Kayla sighed and stood flat on her feet. "She probably hates your guts now and wants to see you die a slow and painful death. But she'll warm up to you. I hope."

Amy glared at Shawn. "I'm not letting Holly get hurt, alright? I can't let her get hurt again. I don't trust him," she jerked her head at Haru, "and if Holly gets hurt because of him, I'll never forgive myself. I don't care if I have to drag her back home. I'm keeping her safe!" She stomped her foot angrily and glared at Haru. Chase and Satoshi sighed. "Idiot," Satoshi mumbled. Chase sighed again. "At least I can see Holly coming," he muttered, pointing in the distance at the snall girl running in their direction.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Iny Gage: Practical battleing

Iny was still lost in her own world, Thinking about the day she's had. The odd scene in the morning, Her first class, The Dorm, Everything. And it was barely half over. "Is everyday gonna be like this?" She wondered to herself, Still lost in thought.

Just then, A large draft of cold air blows into the room, Snapping her out of her daydream and straight into a rapid shiver. "What is he doing opening the window!" She think to herself, A scowl forming on her face.

"What on earth could he be talking to him about now?" Clumsy Whispered over to her.

"Hopefully he's trying to convince him to close the window" She said Stuttering Fiercely, As she shivered from the cold wind. She is obviously not dressed for cold weather with only shorts and a T-Shirt on.

Back