• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Compression Crashing

PoCitMonster

DotDotDot
Years
Whenever I try to compress my game it crashes RPG Maker even on a different computer and on a fresh Pokemon Essentials install and I deleted everything not needed for the compression I have no idea if I'm just missing something really obvious or what

Last edited:

Ego13

hollow_ego
Years
Moce the audio and graphic folders to a different location outside the game folder (for example to the desktop), compress the game and add the folders back in afterwards. That should work

PoCitMonster

DotDotDot
Years
Moce the audio and graphic folders to a different location outside the game folder (for example to the desktop), compress the game and add the folders back in afterwards. That should work

I did that and more but it still crashes

PoCitMonster

DotDotDot
Years
Do you get any error message? Or does it just close?
This might not be a problem with Essentials but with RPGMXP

It just crashes
(Also so I really need to do this to release the game what is the benefit of compressing it?)

Ego13

hollow_ego
Years
It just crashes
(Also so I really need to do this to release the game what is the benefit of compressing it?)

When you say it crashes do you mean it closes or freezes? That'd be an important detail.

The reason you want to compress it, is so that people can't easily change everything (like adding Pokemon via PBS files or even literally just use RPGMXP). It probably has more benefits to it, but honestly I couldn't name them.
Here are some more information about releasing your game (including the compressing part)
You might already know that tutorial.

PoCitMonster

DotDotDot
Years
When you say it crashes do you mean it closes or freezes? That'd be an important detail.

The reason you want to compress it, is so that people can't easily change everything (like adding Pokemon via PBS files or even literally just use RPGMXP). It probably has more benefits to it, but honestly I couldn't name them.
Here are some more information about releasing your game (including the compressing part)
You might already know that tutorial.

It stops working and give me a prompt if I would like to debug or close program

(couldn't I just delete the folders like PBS and stuff?)

Years
It stops working and give me a prompt if I would like to debug or close program

(couldn't I just delete the folders like PBS and stuff?)

There's a list in the end of the tutorial saying which files you can delete. (Don't do this in the original folder, copy your game to another place than delete)

Back