• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon August Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
That's a good point (just saw this thread). But when I heard read the game's title, never gave any thought to that.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Is the game's title August (aw-gust) Emerald or August (uh-gust) Emerald? The former would correlate with the Summer month while the latter would denote grandeur or sacredness.

uh..um...uh what was the point of your question, and what does it got to do with the game or anything else?

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
What he's asking is that if the title refers to the month of 'August', or the entirely different word 'august', which refers to something dignified or majestic.

Years
To be honest, it doesn't really matter all that much. The month is named for the emperor who took the name Augustus to make himself appear dignified and majestic. And as far as I was aware, they were pronounced identically anyway.

But, if you're desperate to know, I've posted the answer on our forum. You'll have to register to find out! :p

Last edited:
Years
We're very close to releasing a demo. Anyone interested in testing should join our forum and post around. We'll be offering demos to the most active users over the next few weeks. Please note that spamming is not valid, and if you try to spam to get a demo, you can rest assured that you'll have to wait until it's finally released. ;)

Link, as before, in my signature.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
I noticed the "August Emerald" banners all over PC and decided I should check this out. Now I see why! This looks amazing. Dew and NikNaks and everyone else involved, the best of luck to you guys.

I'm also happy that even though it's a remake, it's also a sequel in a way. I've seen a lot of (failed) projects (including a very sad attempt by myself years ago) to remake games and have them die because they were the exact same as the original. New plot material really helps a game.

Again, great job so far, I'll be watching this thread for more updates for sure!

Bordew5

PokéTect
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2012
This looks really good, but the new game you're working on looks GREAT :D can not wait.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Dudes the word demo really sparked me.Dew Glad you didnt Completely give on the game NikNaks, way to keep the spirit of the game alive.I wish I could really help but again, Im just a story writer.One of these days I have to learn Eventing and Scripting so i could be of more use to people...

Years
Sorry for the lull recently. I've been weighed down with school work (coursework deadlines for most subjects) so stay tuned over the next week or so. I'll have more time to work on it soon! :D

Years
Work is progressing nicely. The plot has had a major overhaul, but we're still looking for new ideas. So, if you think you can help with either the story itself, or providing cutting edge dialogue, send me a PM with the word August in the subject. Anyone is welcome to apply, although I will be tremendously picky, so if you have any bright ideas immediately, putting them in your message might swing it one way or the other.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Just wondering, why don't you get this locked and relaunch your own? It's never going to get that popluar on this one.

Years
I'm holding off on posting the new thread until we have something big to show off, like the demo. I might do it in a week or so, though, depending on how things are going.

Years
Well, my point was that if we're still a way away from the demo in a week, I'll just go ahead and post it anyway. But if we're really close, I'll hold off.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
So i working on new menu for August and i wanted to show you.

So Menu is fully touchable and still on map like in hgss, when mouse is on pokemon icon your party are showed, when pokemon hp is lower the box under pokemon changing color when pokemon status is poison or sleep the box changing color too. Hope you like it! Credits to Alexandre, Cybersam, Astro_mech and Shark_Tooth for mouse module.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back