• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

austy14

Cannibal
Years
Time for another Sparky update! If you've read my other ones you will probably know sorta what to expect from me... elongated crude humor. Well I think it's funny, anyways.

Spoiler:

With only 2 Pokemon to actually use, I figured a little more help wouldn't be too bad. I needed another electric Pokemon. I'm a fond fan of Electivire so I thought Elekid would be a great pick, especially since I can't get him until I get Electabuzz later in the game. And with the daycare coming up I remembered nostalgically the way they gave you a free egg in Crystal. And now that they don't do that I figured I could get my own egg. I relied on my Sinnoh buddies, Jenna and Austy, to get me an Elekid just for me. I figured, if I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it right. He needed good moves, of course. This turned out to be a lot harder than I thought. I tried a few differnent tactics, but found out the easiest was to catch a male Machoke with cross chop and teach him the other moves I wanted. It worked! Though I suppose a male Electivire would have been even easier with a ditto, but I only had a female. I actually stayed up all night to get the egg... Then after the combined efforts of Austy and Jenna (thank god I have the original DS and a DSi) I traded the troublesome egg to Sparky on Heart Gold. And here is where we return to Sparky...

Yay! I finally got a third Electric Pokemon! Elekid... and this kid is a beast! At level 1 I was owning on some almost Lv 10 Geodudes over in fat guy cave (I think the map calls it Union Cave.) Thank you Ice Punch! It don't see it as cheating, just smart breeding. Now I could go through Ilex forest! On the way out I found another kimono lady. I'm not sure if she was the same one from Violet city or a new one... everyone looks the same in the worl of Pokemon. I get it, fashion styles and stuff... but does everyone have like 30 twins?Put some originality into it! I feel like me and Kris... er, Lyra, and that psycho path rival Ampere are the only originals in this world! Though the gym leaders have original style too, so congrats to them. But anyways the lady was lost and I offered her my help but she figured I was lost too. I'm 10! I think I have some idea where I'm going! Or is this cus... wait... do YOU think I'm gay too? By Arceus, everyone thinks I am. Besides, gay guys have a sens eof direction too. They are guys, after all. But, lucky for both of us, Surge (my Elekid) know where to go. He was just born half an hour ago! Well, whatever... she found her way out. And so did I! battled some trianers on route 34 and then Lyra caught up to me. We visited her grandparents who own a daycare. And then she denied being my girlfriend! I thouhjt we could easily be. Wait no, we're 10. I forgot. We have cooties still. But the way she denied the possibility of it? Unless... not her too! Gay guys don't date girls, of course. So my best friend thinks I have cooties and I'm gay? I'm just bursting with slef-confidence! But I finally made it to Goldenrod. Nice city... but first things first. Gotta get a bike! And the guy gave it to me for free! Cool! Checked out the underground... when I walked in Lyra gave me a fashion case. 'Cs you know, fashion is VERY important to a 10 year old guy. Wait, she still thinks I'm gay. Maybe showing my manly side would help? So I beat up some nerds in the basement. That just sounds wrong... and I would've given Volty (Pichu) a haircut but the shops closed on Monday. I'll get him one tomorrow. So I checked out the radio tower. Answered this quiz and got a radio card from a nice lady. THE FIRST GIFT FROM A PERSON THAT WASNT SOME GAY PEDOPHILE! Besides Lyra of course. And who's this glammed up w***e? Talking about apricots... I was hoping she would at least be a little ****ty and come on to me, make me feel better about my sexuality. But now it's time to visit the gym! It's pink, and filled with girls. Did I find my way into claire's or something? I thought the mall was a block down? Well the girls wanted to fight. I fought with them, and one. Though they all like cried... So losing they make fun of me and take my money, but winning the cry and think im a jerk? I apparently have no chance with women. But then it's that **** from the radio tower! We battled, though not for long. Elekid cross-chopped em up, then when Miltank got the better of him Volty (Pichu) finished her up. Then Whitney started crying! Her to? I just want my badge and to get out of Victoria's Secret. She finally gives it to me! Sadly, not in a sexual form. Just a plain badge... and a CD. But the CD is Attract, does that mean there's a little attraction between us? With nothing left to do I head north. Bunch of trainers here, but easily beat. Checked out the Pokeathalon and tried one out, got a gold medal in speed. thats why I love electric pokemon, they are fast and strong! Also checked out the park. Some trainers here... Beat them. Then on route 36 it was that tree again! This girl said I should watter it. I did... AND IT F**KIN ATTACKED ME! Stupid tree! Amph (Flaffy) knocked him out. And I was on my way to Ecruteak! Found a cool dance theater. Staright guys can dance too, you know. But wait... this Rocket grunt was trying to get a lap dance from a Kimono girl! How rude and indecent! I showed that guy how to treat a lady with bird poop on her face. Then I checked out Burnt tower, battled Ampere again. Elekid made taking care of Bayleef easier. In the basement there were some cool looking legendary pokemon! But they ran away :( and then this guy in a cape came by looking for suicune. He got a little excited about it... But now the gym was open so I could try for a challenge. And it was a challenge! I beat the first Jr. trainer (though, not so junior) and figured I neeed more work. I went back to Goldenrod, training on my way, to see Bill. He gave me an Eevee! I elvolved ot into a Jolteon, of course. Named him Shock! And then I a nice save rest here, it's getting late. More to come tomorrow!

Current team:

Lv. 22 ♀ Pichu "Volty"
Lv. 21 ♀ Flaffy "Amph"
Lv. 22 ♂ Elekid "Surge"
Lv. 13 ♂ Jolteon "Shock"

Slaves:

Lv. 1 ♂ Togepi
Lv. 8 ♂ Totodile "HM"

Oh, and I finally made myself a sig banner for my challenge! It just doens't have Jolteon (Made it before he was around) and I'm contemplating updating the banner as my team changes. We'll see. But see ya next time!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Ok, just saying that I'm now going on holiday for just over a week, so can't be playing/updating. Will continue Akito's Ultimate Fighting monotype challenge when I return and hopefully finish the first generation quickly.

Scytha

mass effect freak
Years
OK. My last post didn't work. Anyway I've started another ultimate run with Flying types on Red Version. Here's my overworked team:

Spr_1b_005.png

Flarewing
Lvl. 17
Scratch
Ember
Leer
Growl

Spr_1b_017.png

Larry
Lvl. 18
Gust
Sand Attack
Quick Attack

Spr_1b_021.png

Spearbeak
Lvl. 17
Peck
Growl
Leer
Fury Attack

I've beaten Brock with my overleveled team, and I'm just about to make my may to Mt. Moon.

NOTE: I have not finished my Fighting run yet.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
Ok so I played my Flying challenge and beat Hoenn with Crobat, Salamence, Altaria and Gyarados. So yeah, on to Sinnoh!

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2010
Update #3
-Went through underground path 1(Cerulian to Vermilion)
-Battled only the required trainer on the route to Vermilion
-Went on S.S. Anne and battled every trainer that I know of
-Used my 2 rare candys to level Charmeleon up to 36 so it could evolve
-Destroyed my rival(water) using 3 flamethrowers and 1 wing attack
-Received HM01 Cut
-Taught Cut to HM slave Paras
-Defeated Lt. Surge's gym with Flamethrower

My current team:
Charzard Lvl. 36
Scratch
Wing Attack
Flamethrower
Metal Claw

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
Years
Rapidash, you have to start with a 1st generation game (blue, red, green, fire red, leaf green) unless you're doing steel or dark, since they didn't exist.

I´m sorry but you´re are wrong, because you speak of the Ultimate Monotype Callenge while Rapidash is doing a simple one on a single cartridge

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
It's hard to say but i think i can't finish my Sapphire grass type challenge

The victory road is no place to train with
- Golbat hax
- Roar, whirlwind
- Protect

And there's no other place to train but the under water,
but i must beat twenty pokémon to gain a level.
I need to gain 47 levels
20 x 47 = 940 thats really to much. Some tips?

Years
I´m sorry but you´re are wrong, because you speak of the Ultimate Monotype Callenge while Rapidash is doing a simple one on a single cartridge

I'm sorry, but then how is he doing this challenge? This challenge requires you to play through all 4 four generations with a single type. If he's doing a simple one, shoudn't he be on a different thread?

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
I'm sorry, but then how is he doing this challenge? This challenge requires you to play through all 4 four generations with a single type. If he's doing a simple one, shoudn't he be on a different thread?

This thread is for ultimate and single challenges, tomreaper

Sleet

Forum Lurker
Years
**Updates**

After getting over the anger that stupid Miltank caused I headed up Route 36 and spoke to a little girl who said "That tree wiggled when I touched it"...Wait, what? o_0

3 minutes later I was back after going to the Police for help but all they wanted to do was fight me with their stupid Growlithes :(

Luckily I had a backup plan, I went to the flower shop to get a Squirtbottle. And after squirting the Paedophile tree with it I let Scizor beat him up with Bullet Punch.

When I got into Ecruteak City I noticed a hazardous looking burnt down tower, And this being Pokemon, I walked straight In.

I was greeted by a man named Eusine who said "The three legendary dogs are down there. I darent go down in case they run away." So I headed straight down the ladder and, yup, they did run away XD

Anyway, after that I headed to the gym and, to make a long story short, Pursuit FTW XD

Thats it for now, More updates tomorrow

**Current Team**

227skarmory.png

Skarmory level 23
-Fury Attack
-Peck
-Sand attack
-Swift

212scizor.png

Scizor level 25
-Quick Attack
-Pursuit
-Agility
-Bullet Punch

208steelix.png

Steelix level 25
-Thunder Fang
-Ice Fang
-Fire Fang
-Rock Throw

**Badges Obtained**
40px-Zephyr_Badge.png
40px-Hive_Badge.png
40px-Plain_Badge.png
40px-Fog_Badge.png

**Next Time**
The best route music in the world :P (IMO) and Olivine City

You must have missed the fact that ALL the monotype challenge threads have been locked and replaced with this one. People post EVERY monotype challenge they are competing in, in this thread. Single game monotype challenges and ultimate monotype challenges

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2010
If it is possible I would like to switch my Fire Red Monotype challenge to an ultimate monotype challenge. I was using Fire types and I would like to know if it is possible that I don't have to restart. I still plan on using Fire Red for my Generation 1 game and I still plan on using Fire types.
If this is acceptable then my choice for games would be this:Fire Red, Crystal, Emerald and Platnium. If it is not possible then I will restart but I would perfer not having to do the first 3 gyms again. Please let me know either way. Thanks

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Yeah, that's fine. I don't feel like taking your name off the list, so when you beat Fire Red, I'll give you credit even though you're actually doing an ultimate.

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
- Headed into the Ilex Forest and acquired Hm01
- Went back to town and got free charcoal
- Caught Paraslave and taught it cut
- Travelled through the forest, picked up TM02
- Caught a Snubbull
- Egg hatched, decided to keep Togepi on the team
- Trained everyone up to Lv16, Sentret evolved
- Taught Togepi swift by TM, taught Sentret Rollout via TM, taught Snubbull Headbutt via TM
To the gym!

Leader Battle: Whitney
Team:
Togepi Lv17. Charm, Swift, Metronome, Growl
SnubbullLv17. Headbutt, Bite, Tail Whip, Charm
TeddiursaLv17. Scratch, Leer, Lick, Fury Swipes
Furret Lv17. Tackle, Defense Curl, Quick Attack, Rollout
Spearow Lv16. Peck, Growl, Leer, Fury Attack
Togepi lowered Clefairy' s attack to it's minimum before switching out for Furret. DC'd 6 times then swept with rollout.

- Sudowoodo put up a good fight.
- Entered Ecruteak, stocked up on greatballs, then headed west.
- Half an hour later I finally caught a Miltank
- Miltank defeated the Kimono Girls alone, taught Totodile surf
- Trained everyone to level 20, spearow evolved.
- Entered burned tower
- Rival battle was a piece of cake, not worth writing about
- I stocked up on awakenings and went onwards to the gym!

Leader Battle: 8-bit Solid Snake, erm...Morty
Team:
Togepi Lv.20 Charm, Metronome, Swift, Sweet Kiss (pretty useless in a ghost-type gym)
Furret LV.21 Defense Curl, Rollout, Quick Attack, Tackle
Fearow Lv.21 Peck, Growl, Leer, Fury Attack
Snubbull Lv.21 Headbutt, Bite, Lick, Charm
Miltank Lv.20 Tackle, Milk Drink, Defense Curl, Stomp (COMPLETELY USELESS!)
Teddiursa Lv.21 Scratch, Leer, Lick, Fury Swipes
Teddiursa had some serious luckhax going with Lick paralyzing first time vs every opponent, unfortunately he still got taken down by Gengar. Cue Snubbull, who managed to spam bite for the win thanks to constant flinching/paralysis...yeah, kinda anti-climactic.

Next time! Fighting types...oh crap.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2010
Yeah, that's fine. I don't feel like taking your name off the list, so when you beat Fire Red, I'll give you credit even though you're actually doing an ultimate.

Sounds great, I should have the 4th gym done today.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Going to start my Psychic HG/SS Monotype back up this weekend :D (Maybe even this thursday XD)

And after that, I think I might do a Poison Ultimate Monotype. XD Still debating though. And debating if I want to do regular Blue then Gold, or just go through FR then HG, xD But meh, felt like stating I'm not giving up on my Psychic challenge, so yea. :P

Sleet

Forum Lurker
Years
Going to start my Psychic HG/SS Monotype back up this weekend :D (Maybe even this thursday XD)

And after that, I think I might do a Poison Ultimate Monotype. XD Still debating though. And debating if I want to do regular Blue then Gold, or just go through FR then HG, xD But meh, felt like stating I'm not giving up on my Psychic challenge, so yea. :P

I'd do regular Blue then Gold. Nostalgia factor :P

After I finish my Steel montype, I'll be doing an Ultimate Fire monotype going through Red and Crystal ;)

EDIT: I should have an update tonight sometime. Provided PC stays working, It's not been working very well for me today. Don't know if its just me or not

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2010
Update #4 A very short update but the next one should include both of Rocket's Bases
-Taught Charizard Airial Ace
-Went through Rock tunnel
-Caught Growlithe
-Taught Growlithe dig
-Arrived in Celadon
-Obtained Eevee
-Evolved Eevee into Flareon
-Obtained the Tea
-Defeated Celadon gym

My team after defeating the gym:
Charizard Lvl.43
Scratch
Aerial Ace
Flamethrower
Metal Claw

Growlithe lvl.25
Bite
Dig
Ember
Take Down

Flareon lvl. 25(newest team member and not very good, yet)
Helping Hand
Sand Attack
Quick Attack
Growl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back