• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Roguelike Fire Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPAN

pokemon rom researcher
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2016
Today I bring to you a small hack of Fire Red. What does this hack have that's special?

This is the normal Fire Red experience, but with a twist: a pokemon that faints and remains fainted by the end of the battle, or faints in the overworld disappears from your party forever. Also, you can only save and quit, not just save, and your save is deleted whenever you load, so save is only a way to continue between save sessions.

As save quits always, trading is not possible.

You can revive your pokemon in-battle, but revives are not sold on shops until Indigo Plateau.

I could show screenshots, but they would be normal play screen shots. The only way to really see this hack in action is by playing it.

Total changes made:
  • ASM to erase save after load/ game over
  • ASM to clean party pokemon after fainted, on map and party screen load.
  • Introduced the missing kanto pokemon, as rare encounters on specific maps
  • Removed revives from shops all around, and increased their price.
PS: Also, there are some "bugs" left around intentionally that allow for a pokemon to be saved after fainting in the Overworld.

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
So this is pretty much like a nuzlocke version but not really. I think this sounds awesome I will try it out.

JPAN

pokemon rom researcher
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2016
Sounds fun but what happens if you lose your battle with your rival right after you get your starter or what if you white out?
The rival battle is a special case. Losing that first one does nothing. Your pokemon recovers.

This is pretty cool.
But, what happens when you run out of Pokemon?
Whiteout is game over. You are shown the black "You lost" screen, are sent to the start screen. Your game was already erased from the load, but a second erase happens that cleans the entire Flash.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Whiteout is game over. You are shown the black "You lost" screen, are sent to the start screen. Your game was already erased from the load, but a second erase happens that cleans the entire Flash.

But what if the player has pokémon deposited in the PC?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Sounds like a cool way of not being able to cheat on Nuzlocke lol. If your Pokémon dies from poison out of battle though, does it also disappear from party or like what?

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I love this, it's working great so far. Best idea for a Nuzloke ever.

I like the idea of a roguelike FireRed. Another cool idea, though I think it was in another hack... it fits with the general "theme" of a Roguelike: randomized items.

Last edited:

Amabane~*

Hard Boiled Shinigami
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2022
Awesome as always, JPAN! No cheating in Nuzlocke runs ever! Thank you a lot for this^^

Say, any chance for a Emerald version for this mod?

Ivee

Ask me about Trailblazer :3
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2019
Whats happens if you're surfing and your Surf Pokemon dies?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Sorry, Amabane~* but it appears that you've bumped this thread beyond its one month limit.

JPAN, if you would like this thread to be reopened then just message either myself or giradialkia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back