• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tier Balance

Years
Do you think all the tiers are completely balanced, or do you think some tiers are easier to learn than others? I would love to hear your opinions!

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
My thoughts.

Ubers - Reasonable, not the most balanced but it was never really meant to be as it started as a banlist. Barely played this though.

2d6mz611.png
OU - Pure unadulterated garbage.

UU - Easily the best metagame at the moment, balanced. Any style of play can succeed and there's no truly tier-breaking Pokemon. Reminiscent of DPPt OU.

RU - Underrated, it's a very balanced tier. Admittedly TR and ghosts seem to be rampart but again it's still not bad. Needs a bigger playerbase imo.

NU - Great tier, very cool as you can try Pokemon you like but were never really viable in Standard play.

It bothers me how Smogon managed to make most tiers decent this gen but created possibly one of the worst Standard metagames I have ever seen.

Years
Yeah as the nub I was (I still am =P) I loved OU and didn't know why everyone hated it, but after playing a lot of NU I realized how much more enjoyable NU is over OU!

Soar

n00b
Years
I for one am a HUGE UU Fan. I started and am determined not to change tiers until i become a UU Champ c;

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
My thoughts.

Ubers - Reasonable, not the most balanced but it was never really meant to be as it started as a banlist. Barely played this though.

2d6mz611.png
OU - Pure unadulterated garbage.

UU - Easily the best metagame at the moment, balanced. Any style of play can succeed and there's no truly tier-breaking Pokemon. Reminiscent of DPPt OU.

RU - Underrated, it's a very balanced tier. Admittedly TR and ghosts seem to be rampart but again it's still not bad. Needs a bigger playerbase imo.

NU - Great tier, very cool as you can try Pokemon you like but were never really viable in Standard play.

It bothers me how Smogon managed to make most tiers decent this gen but created possibly one of the worst Standard metagames I have ever seen.

Agreeing so much with the OU comment. However; I don't think that UU is really all that balanced, when I play UU it's just the same Pokemon over and over again. However; compared to OU it's balanced.

I think NU is truly the most balanced tier. Since there's not really any game breaking Pokemon it's easy to play around with Pokemon that aren't used.

Back