• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoenn RéBURST [M] [OOC + SU]

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
He's already made an exception for ytfeL, I don't think he'll have a problem adding a tenth slot if you have a good sign-up.

Also, I think he's submitted the IC already, Skymin's just being lazy (or waiting for more threads to approve/deny before doing it).

Galdr

ドラゴンのおうじ
Years
I hope there can be an exception for spots left and maybe a request to have an Eevee as a starter as well. (I'm aware it's taken but another one would be cool. I'd like to eventually have a Leafeon) I'd like to join this, but only if it's possible. This looks really cool, and I've read the beginning post twice already. It's got me interested.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Well, hello, Claire :D
How you doin'?

Anyways, yup, no more spots... or so they say?
There's already nine players, so, what the heck, why not a tenth one?
Just like ytfeL's, this spot will have a surprise Pokemon and will only be handed to those who convince me with their SUs.
You interested?

@ Galdr Glad to hear you're interested!
As I said, I can only accept SUs that prove to be magnificent.
As for Eevee... I have to think about it...

Last edited:

Galdr

ドラゴンのおうじ
Years
It'll take me a good while to configure a decent character and put them together. I want this to be detailed and without any flaws whatsoever.

Okay. Thanks for considering Vato. I'll be brainstorming, but I won't be surprised if this chance is taken right under my nose by someone else, haha. Sorry for coming in late. Also, I don't know if that Claire person wants to join?

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
HEY GUYS HEY GUYS HEY GUYS GUESSSSS WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!

The IC THread is finally hear!
Now, run! Run to the Thread!

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Hooray it's up! To the badly understood dialogue of my character!

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Finally it's here ( the bad thing is it's late here in my country so I'll have my post up tomorrow). But nonetheless it's a pleasant goodnight present . Can't wait to get onto route one, I'm thinking of catching three pokemon from the start ( well only maybe :D )

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years
Darn you......just kidding, good luck on your first post, let it be amazing. I'll see everyone tomorrow then. Good Night!!! :)

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
One idea for the two new people is that Birch it out of pokemon and they will need the help of the other PCs to catch their first one.... Just an idea. Also will likely not be able to post till monday or tuesday due to an out of town guest.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
@ Stingray I may consider applying that idea of yours anytime soon, thanks!

Also, I've created an Etherpad with the sole purpose of Team Updates... And also because we can go as off-topic as we want over there :3

Anyways, I'll add the link anytime soon in the IC and OOC Threads, which is the following:
https://etherpad.mozilla.org/VXuZYcvrG5

Galdr

ドラゴンのおうじ
Years
Hmm, we'll see TornZero. Whatever Vato says, I gotta follow it. I'm hoping for Eevee with Anticipation (or Adaptability), and with Counter and Bite as Egg moves. Pretty decent for a Leafeon-in-training.

Anyhoots, I've brainstormed very carefully, so here's my sign-up, Vato. Hope it's good enough:

There are cat videos on the Internet!

Name: Tachibana Mei (first name is Mei)
Hometown: Vientown, Almia (born) | Chrono Island (Sevii Island 6), Kanto (raised)
Appearance: Mei stands 5'5" in height, weighing around 120 pounds, and appears very slender. She's a flexible young adult, nimbly able to do things normal women her age cannot. She's usually seen smiling, having an optimistic air about her almost naturally. Her hair is a dark, burnt orange color, nearly auburn, which normally hangs towards the center of her back, as well as cover her ears. The bangs of her hair hang down normally in her face, enough to cover her eyebrows. However, she keeps it braided for simplicity's sake. Her eyes are a soft, crystalline blue color that shine like an ocean's reflection when the sun beams upon its surface. Her skin complexion is moderately tanned, due to being outdoors majority of the time.

For attire's taste, she is usually garbed in kunoichi-like outfit; she wears a slender one piece that is black around the straps and collar bone, then a peach-ish center. Next, her skorts--shorts and a skirt combined--are green colored with an open slit near the upper right and left thighs of her legs, completed with a black trim around. She adorns her arms in brown colored long, half gloves that reach the upper portion of her arms, leaving very little of her skin exposed. Her legs are partially exposed, due to the skort she is wearing; the rest of her legs are covered in black leggings, with a brown colored belt with a golden buckle across her left thigh. Her brown shoes are snugly soft, but are made of cotton and rough fabric that are made for on-the-go to anywhere, with a golden-like wrap around near the ankles. Aside from this, Mei is pretty "bony", with not a lot of meat on her body. She is half albino, as well as having an Asian-pacific accent. (Visual in the spoiler below)

Spoiler:

Personality: Mei acts like a spunky, hard-headed child on the outside, naive in many ways, especially when something is happening, she is utterly clueless. She'll eventually figure it out. She's somewhat lazy when it comes to things she doesn't want to do, evidenced by lounging around in the shade somewhere, or close to it. Outside of her naivety, Mei is compassionate, forgiving, a mature-but-silly natured girl and easy-going. She dislikes fighting unless she has to, especially verbal arguments. When something needs to be said, Mei will rightfully speak up and announce it, bluntly. She can be called caring, which shows through her compassion, but it only goes so far. She's hard to anger, a temperment she's endured through her years of mind, body and soul training back at her home island. Her variety of personality can develop further than this, as she's open to experience different things in life to completely understand what it means to live.

History: Mei is the only child of a middle classwoman, Tachibana Ringo, who hails from the far-off region of Ransei, bringing with her a bonded Zoroark. Her father was a businessman from the Hoenn region, being affiliated with DEVON Corporation. Due to a calling for his business, Mei's father had to take leave to the Hoenn region; this event happened when Ringo was pregnant with their unborn daughter. They lived in the region of Almia, south of the Sinnoh region.

After Mei's birth, her mother grew very worried about her husband's return, wondering if he would ever return. He had already missed one of the most important events to occur in his life, which was the birth of their daughter--who came out half albino; near white hair with pink tips and dark reddish eyes that would eventually turn into a pigmentation of pink as she grew older. Despite her worries, Ringo raised her daughter regardless. During early childhood, Mei grew fascinated with Pokemon, having seen many in Vientown because of the Pokemon Rangers and other townsfolk having company of their own. The young girl always wanted a Pokemon of her own, and when she was around nine years old, convinced her mother to enroll her in the Ranger School, east of Vientown.

Within the next few months, Mei was enrolled in the school, donning the Almia Ranger school outfit and roomed with many girls around her age, activating her social life. During the two years of Ranger rookie training and tests taken at the school, Mei suffered casualities, such as being bullied by other kids in the neighboring class, falling down stairs, not paying attention when she was called upon, and failing assignments. However, good things happened, such as Outdoor Classes, field trips to Vientown and Pueltown, Rookie Missions and helping deliver the Vientown Tribune to the townspeople of Vientown and Chicole Village--a housing neighborhood just south of Vientown. There were some instances of improvement, including Mei's health. She grew up to having orange colored hair, and darkened skin, though still showed signs of being an albino, although it was hard to tell the older she became.

At age eleven, soon to be turning twelve, Mei and her class graduated the Ranger School, now officially becoming Rangers, Operators or Mechanics. Their training days were over. Unfortunately for Mei, the day she graduated was the day her mother explained they had to move to another home. Even though the move was painful, Mei was able to keep her official Ranger graduation license, just in case she ever wanted to become a Ranger in her new home region, as long as they allowed it. Taking this with her, Mei, her mother and her mother's Zoroark, moved to the outer region of Kanto, primarily to the Sevii Islands. It took a long, arduous month to move everything, having shipped the heavier items by ship and the expensive items by plane. During their plane ride, Mei and her mother, Ringo, encountered the infamous Bill, who designed the PC system for the Kanto and Johto regions. Upon their meeting, Mei caught interest in Bill's favorite Pokemon, Eevee, along with three of its known Eeveelutions, Jolteon, Vaporeon and Flareon. Being a Pokemaniac himself, Bill told the girl about Eevee's other evolutions, Espeon the Psychic-type Pokemon, Umbreon the Dark-type Pokemon, Leafeon the Grass-type Pokemon, and Glaceon the Ice-type Pokemon. Unlike using evolution stones to evolve Eevee, these other evolutions required different requirements to be met in order for them to evolve into; Espeon and Umbreon both needed happiness in the morning and evening respectively, Leafeon was required to be evolved at forested areas, such as Sinnoh's Eterna Forest or Unova's Pinwheel Forest. Glaceon, the last of them all, needed to be in cold areas, such as Sinnoh's Route 217 and Unova's Twist Mountain.

Given this new information, Mei was even more amazed and set on getting her hands on the Evolution Pokemon, being highly interested in it. However, whichever Pokemon she would meet and bond with first, she was bound to enjoy them regardless. Seeing as her mother had a Pokemon, Mei "practiced" with the Zoroark, which was acting like nanny for the young girl when her mother was out.

Unknowingly, her father was killed in a plane accident of unknown cause. Ringo eventually found this out when getting a phone call from her husband's boss, the news terribly wounding her emotionally and physically. This more or less forced Ringo to find work in order to support her child and their household on Chrono Island, the sixth of the seven Sevii Islands near the main inland Kanto--despite Chrono Island being further away from the big cities and other islands as well. Around this time, Mei was fifteen years old, wondering why she has yet to even meet her father, unknowing that she would never meet him now that he was dead. She saw her mother work tirelessly to support them, even going so far as getting three part time jobs in Viridian City, one of the big cities in the inner Kanto region. It was, by far, extremely far away, that Ringo had to rent out a house in Viridian in order to stay for the entire week to work, and come home on weekends. During the weekends, she tried to spend time with Mei, only to find it harder as the years went by. The mother simply grew wearier, stressed, and busier.

This meant less time for Mei, but the now-teenager understood her mother's hard work. Seeing as she was of age, now seventeen, the orange-haired teen decided to take up a part time job to help support her mother and their home. With Ringo gone, the Nanny Zoroark (dubbed "Naa-chan" by Mei) went against the idea, thinking her partner's daughter would be better staying home. Regardless of what Naa-chan said, Mei desperately went ahead to find work, being able to pick up odd ends jobs around Sevii Island Three, the busiest island and the largest of all the Sevii Islands. It only took three hours of riding in the Sea Gallop-3 to reach the island back and forth, so it was do-able in which she could work and return home in time for supper, supplied by Naa-chan--who amazingly knew how to cook (despite it wasn't the best), given she had seen her partner cook several times in the past. Mei knew her Naa-chan was trying her best and enjoyed every meal, even if it wasn't perfect, or when the lady Zoroark used her Flamethrower technique instead of the stove.

At times, Naa-chan would take the illusionist form of Ringo, hoping to fool oncomers to the house, especially tax-payers, and other soliticiters. The Zoroark would spook them off with a creepy illusion or two, namely because her partner wasn't there to pay them yet. Also, she didn't like strange people approaching the house or her partner's daughter in particular. They weren't many, but when they came, especially from the cities, it annoyed Naa-chan and eventually Mei. Regardless of the nusiance of random people, Mei still worked to help support her mother, without her mother knowing it.

Around Mei's eighteenth birthday, sadly turned into a memorial burial. Ringo had passed away, due to a heart attack that befell upon her while working her second job. The service was held three weeks after Mei's turning of age, burning a deep wound in her very soul. Now, without her mother, she felt as if she would never know the whereabouts of her father--which she still didn't know who was dead, and has been deceased since she was fourteen. Mei and Naa-chan were eventually removed from their home on Chrono Island by Kin Island's police, as rent was needed to keep the house alive, but due to the passing of her mother, they couldn't support it. With her partner deceased, Naa-chan was a dubbed wild Pokemon, able to link with another. She insisted Mei to become her partner, however the young woman declined.

"Naa-chan, I would like to meet a Pokemon on my own. In a different region from here." Mei told the Zoroark, who looked at her curiously.

"I don't want you to become my Pokemon, but rather, someone to watch me carefully. Let's go to the Hoenn region together. You're a wild Pokemon now, so you have to be careful to not get captured, okay?"

Taking their leftover money, Mei and Naa-chan left Chrono Island to Vermilion City in the inner Kanto region, where Mei used her nanny Monster Fox Pokemon to defeat Pokemon Trainers in order to raise enough money to take the S.S. Aqua to the Hoenn region. Keeping their promise, Naa-chan stayed with her late partner's daughter, but stayed distant and away from the scenes as much as possible. The nanny Pokemon was last seen around Oldale Town in the Hoenn region, possibly keeping her "wild" status known. She stayed out of sight, and Mei was ready to take a new step in her life. She completely changed her attire into match her mood; a kunoichi-like outfit (very similar to the one she has on in her descriptive appearance, however, just minus gloves and it's bluish colored). During her light travel of Hoenn, Mei calmed herself down in silent training, usually high in a tree, where nothing but the cooling breeze of wind could touch her. With a relaxing mind and new, cheery spirit, Mei was deciding to give this her all, even if the consequence meant losing something else in her life. With months gone by and no sign of Naa-chan, Mei hoped to see the Zoroark sometime soon.

(Not the same one as the bad guys have, but it'd be hilarious if that happened. XD But I don't want it too. Also, I hope this wasn't too long...)

ytfeL

Glorious Strategist
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 25, 2012
Ugh. 15 hour work day is finally over...good news is: 1) I am off until tues 2) I updated my SU and you gave me a feebas 3) is has adaptability and a nice moveset to begin with AND the IC is up. Ugly fish? Feebas? More like badbas. ;) Working on my first post. Plus I get to finish my write up of my RP that I am starting up soon :P TOO MUCH EXCITEMENT ASIOFEGKD

:)

Back