• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Is there a resource of FR-styled OWs which contains the missing frames of the gym leaders (like blaine) & co?
(missing frames = the walking frames)
If I were you, I would try to do it myself. It will become perfect for your taste at the same time, improving your spriting abilities.

1) Are you searching for compressed palettes?

3)It will have to be fairly long, but you can make it shorter by using the if greater than and less than commands.

I would say load the hours into 800D, and the minutes into 8007 and then have series of compares for the time.

1. Yes I was searching for both compressed and not.

3. I think it would be similar to the script I posted which does "Today is [DATE], [HOURS]:[MINUTES]" is that right?

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Well, I couldn't get the decorations to function, so I worked around it by editing the already-compatible room instead. So my question now is, how do I remove the restriction on the types of decorations that can be placed so anything can be placed instead of just plushies and mats?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Is there a resource of FR-styled OWs which contains the missing frames of the gym leaders (like blaine) & co?
(missing frames = the walking frames)

If you are unable to create them on your own, try hitting up one of the sprite shops in the Pixel Art sub forum. There is no resource that I am aware of, so give it your best shot.

Well, I couldn't get the decorations to function, so I worked around it by editing the already-compatible room instead. So my question now is, how do I remove the restriction on the types of decorations that can be placed so anything can be placed instead of just plushies and mats?

Could you expand on this? Are you looking to create more decorations?

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Could you expand on this? Are you looking to create more decorations?

No, sorry, I mean how do I remove the restriction that the player's room has that prevents anything but dolls and mats? (or was it cushions?) I'd like for the room to be able have any kind of decoration placed, like a Secret Base.

karatekid552

Years
If I were you, I would try to do it myself. It will become perfect for your taste at the same time, improving your spriting abilities.

1. Yes I was searching for both compressed and not.

3. I think it would be similar to the script I posted which does "Today is [DATE], [HOURS]:[MINUTES]" is that right?

It would be similar, but much shorter because you are only checking for two times, you don't need the date, and you don't need to display the time. Basically:

Code:
Comparefarbytetobyte 0x[Hours] 0x[Time it opens (hours)]
if >= jump @opened?
goto @closed
end

@opened?
comparefarbytetobyte 0x[hours] 0x[time it closes (hours)]
if > jump @closed
comparefarbytetobyte 0x[min] 0x[min it opens, (only if you aren't opening right on the hour]
if < jump @closed
goto @opened2?
end

@opened2?
comparefarbytetobyte 0x[min] 0x[min it closes]
if > jump @closed
goto @open
end

@open
msgbox @this_shop_is_open 0x2
end

@close
msgbox @this_store_is_closed 0x2
end

Obviously this isn't perfect syntax but it is a basis. What I did was first check to make sure it was late enough in the day (past opening), then I made sure it wasn't too late (past closing). Then, I made sure that the minutes were on incase you want the shop to open at half past or such (though, it is easiest not to) then a next check to make sure it wasn't past closing time in terms of minutes. I hope you understand this. Good luck!

No, sorry, I mean how do I remove the restriction that the player's room has that prevents anything but dolls and mats? (or was it cushions?) I'd like for the room to be able have any kind of decoration placed, like a Secret Base.

I have never attempted this, but a list of things that could make a difference:

-map type
-the computer (SBs have a different computer than your room, part of the tileset)
-the tileset (this is a definite as your room doesn't have the tiles for those extra items)
-the name of the map
-the map bank (every single SB is in the same bank)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
It would be similar, but much shorter because you are only checking for two times, you don't need the date, and you don't need to display the time. Basically:

Code:
Comparefarbytetobyte 0x[Hours] 0x[Time it opens (hours)]
if >= jump @opened?
goto @closed
end

@opened?
comparefarbytetobyte 0x[hours] 0x[time it closes (hours)]
if > jump @closed
comparefarbytetobyte 0x[min] 0x[min it opens, (only if you aren't opening right on the hour]
if < jump @closed
goto @opened2?
end

@opened2?
comparefarbytetobyte 0x[min] 0x[min it closes]
if > jump @closed
goto @open
end

@open
end

@close
end

Obviously this isn't perfect syntax but it is a basis. What I did was first check to make sure it was late enough in the day (past opening), then I made sure it wasn't too late (past closing). Then, I made sure that the minutes were on incase you want the shop to open at half past or such (though, it is easiest not to) then a next check to make sure it wasn't past closing time in terms of minutes. I hope you understand this. Good luck!

Thanks karatekid552! I will be able to create a script out of this. I'll vm you when I finish it.

BTW karatekid552, what do I put here?
Code:
Comparefarbytetobyte 0x[Hours]
It just says Hours.

@hanswurst1999

If you go to my sprite thread, you can go request there. I'll be willing to do it for ya if you ask formally there. Link's in my signature.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2013
Is there any simple hack for emerald that just changes the trade evolution requirement (so without anything other like add all pokemon to be catchable somewhere)?

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
Thanks karatekid552! I will be able to create a script out of this. I'll vm you when I finish it.

BTW karatekid552, what do I put here?
Code:
Comparefarbytetobyte 0x[Hours]
It just says hours.

Oh, sorry. Where I said [hours] and [min], I was refering to the RAM location where those are written: 02XXXXXX i believe, somewhere in there. The info is in DNS for the exact location.

Is there any simple hack for emerald that just changes the trade evolution requirement (so without anything other like add all pokemon to be catchable somewhere)?

Probably not, however it is not very hard to make which is why I don't see one being in existence by itself. If you are not good with ASM, you will have to improvise (no Dawn stones and such for new pokemon) so, it ends up being the creators personal opinion which creates the alternate evolutions for link-trade pokemon and the like.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Look in the Sideshow showcase.

@karatekid552

It compiled real great, I modified it so it warps you to rival's house when open, added it as signpost event but it is always closed.

When I compile your original script with little modifications, XSE gives me a message "Missing #define" at
Code:
if >= jump @opened?
if > jump @closed
if < jump @closed
if > jump @closed

karatekid552

Years
Look in the Sideshow showcase.

@karatekid552

It compiled real great, I modified it so it warps you to rival's house when open, added it as signpost event but it is always closed.

When I compile your original script with little modifications, XSE gives me a message "Missing #define" at
Code:
if >= jump @opened?
if > jump @closed
if < jump @closed
if > jump @closed

That just means that your XSE copy is missing the file which defines the >,<,= signs as acceptable. Here is a list of "manual" if commands:

[00] - Lower than (<)
[01] - Equal (=)
[02] - Higher (>)
[03] - Lower than or equal to (<=)
[04] - Higher than or equal to (>=)
[05] - Not equal (i= or <>)
---
Edit: Upon further review of my list of define commands in XSE, I realized I did that wrong (I usually use all hex numbers in my scripts, but typing it here I decided to use the defined symbols for less typing:/). If you put "B_" before each one of the conditional symbols (<,>,=,<=,>=) then XSE should accept it. So, "<" would become "B_<".

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
That just means that your XSE copy is missing the file which defines the >,<,= signs as acceptable. Here is a list of "manual" if commands:

[00] - Lower than (<)
[01] - Equal (=)
[02] - Higher (>)
[03] - Lower than or equal to (<=)
[04] - Higher than or equal to (>=)
[05] - Not equal (i= or <>)
---
Edit: Upon further review of my list of define commands in XSE, I realized I did that wrong (I usually use all hex numbers in my scripts, but typing it here I decided to use the defined symbols for less typing:/). If you put "B_" before each one of the conditional symbols (<,>,=,<=,>=) then XSE should accept it. So, "<" would become "B_<".

Okay I tried it, it compiled. But still doesn't work out well.

Here's the script:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
Comparefarbytetobyte 0x203C000 0x06
if B_>= jump @opened?
goto @closed
end

#org @opened?
comparefarbytetobyte 0x203C000 0x19
if B_> jump @closed
comparefarbytetobyte 0x203C001 0x00
if B_< jump @closed
goto @opened2?
end

#org @opened2?
comparefarbytetobyte 0x203C001 0x01
if B_> jump @closed
goto @open
end

#org @open
warp 0x4 0x2 0x1 0x4 0x8
end

#org @close
end

#org @this_shop_is_open
= Come in, we're open!

#org @this_store_is_closed
= Sorry we're closed!

Still says "Sorry we're closed!"

karatekid552

Years
Okay I tried it, it compiled. But still doesn't work out well.

Here's the script:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
if B_>= jump @opened?
goto @closed
end

#org @opened?
comparefarbytetobyte 0x203C000 0x19
if B_> jump @closed
comparefarbytetobyte 0x203C001 0x00
if B_< jump @closed
goto @opened2?
end

#org @opened2?
comparefarbytetobyte 0x203C001 0x01
if B_> jump @closed
goto @open
end

#org @open
warp 0x4 0x2 0x1 0x4 0x8
end

#org @close
end

#org @this_shop_is_open
= Come in, we're open!

= Sorry we're closed!

Still says "Sorry we're closed!"

Judging by your script, the only time your shop will be open is one minute after the hour. All others will be closed:p. Here:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
if B_>= jump @opened?
goto @closed
end

#org @opened?
comparefarbytetobyte 0x203C000 0x14
if B_>= jump @closed
goto @open
end

#org @open
warp 0x4 0x2 0x1 0x4 0x8
waitstate
end

#org @close
end

#org @this_shop_is_open
= Come in, we're open!

= Sorry we're closed!

Because the shop opens at 6:00, we don't need to check for minutes, so I removed the first minutes check which is just wasted space.

Now, you said you wanted it to close at 19:59. Okay, so the clock will reset on the next minute to 20:00, if 7:59 is the very last minute it will be open, then you will just check to make sure it isn't 8 yet, and ergo, don't need to check the minutes on that one either.

Due to the way your shop runs, in this script it will open at 6:00 and the very last time you will be able to enter the store is 19:59, at 20:00, it will be closed.

Edit: if the front door of your shop is indeed a door (and not some type of warp pad:p) you should use warpwalk instead of warp. Most of the time, this will open the door for you and show the player walking forward.

Last edited:

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Just FYI, the time will never reach hour 0x20, as that would be 32:00. You need to watch out for those sorts of mistakes. It should be 0x14 (20 decimal).

There should also be a wait state after the warp. It'll work 99% of the time without it, but it's prone to crashes if you don't put it in.

karatekid552

Years
Just FYI, the time will never reach hour 0x20, as that would be 32:00. You need to watch out for those sorts of mistakes. It should be 0x14 (20 decimal).

There should also be a wait state after the warp. It'll work 99% of the time without it, but it's prone to crashes if you don't put it in.

Yeah, I usually find those types of mistakes when it doesn't work and I begin to bang my head against the wall; I'll go adjust that script:D. Thanks Jambo.

karatekid552

Years
Sprite as the sprite of Chaos rush, new sprite of new generation^^

The most complete one is Jambo's 649 hack, which is not done yet. They are quite easy to insert, just a couple clicks for each one using Wichu's Advanced Series, so it wouldn't be too hard to do yourself. Remember, the project is far from done, only Gen IV is completely done; Gen I is 1/2 way there, same with Gen V, and Gens II and III are barely started.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back