• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Ancient Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
We now have support banners by the amazing Rocka210:

Banners:
GIFs
Spoiler:

PNGs
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2021
it looks great, i will play it when you release! congratulations for your hard work!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I still have nothing to show for you guys.
I won't have internet till roughly round the 26th and I'm lacking resources to map or event, because I've forgotten what people say in events and how the maps are formed, I have the worst memory.

But when I do get internet, I promise I'll have a torrent of screens to throw into your faces. :I

guitargodd97

Video Game Creator
Years
I really like the idea of this. I'm definitely sticking around to watch this and see how it turns out. When a demo comes out, I am definitely doing an LP of it.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
We haven't given up on this project yet. We are all pretty busy with real life as it stands right now.

Also, anyone who has any doubts about using anything from the discontinued hack can PM me. I have an email from Melash himself saying that I have full access to the graphics, including the ROM itself.

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Update. We have a base going for Secret Bases (very punny...). Credits to KitsuneKouta for allowing me to use such a great script for this project. I plan on adding breakable objects and a system for changing bases, as well as bridge support over crevices.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN0LCar59TI

While large objects will go into walls I expect the players to make their own secret base look to their liking. If anything, it allows more customization (lol).

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years

Feedback Question of the Week

Hey guys, I figure now's a good time to fix some internal things for the engine while I work on the big stuff. I am going to be asking for feedback every 1-2 weeks, starting this week. Any feedback is appreciated but I like reasoning instead of 1-word answering.

Without further ado, the question of the week:
Should fishing be like it was in RSE where you have to press A when they game tells you to (random amt. of times), or should it be instantaneous like it is in most of the games?

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
I surely prefer the first option, anyway good project, i'll download the rom at the day one! I also put a banner in my signature.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
It's not a ROM hack, but thanks anyway. Your support is appreciated :)

And along with that, a small update showing off some spritework:
dive_by_pokemon_tiler-d64a5hy.png

Tileset is not final, I may use darker colors. Tiles made by Jaagup.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
As someone who has never touched Linux I'm not sure if I can answer that. However RMXP is known to not be very versatile in compatibility.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years

Feedback Question of the Week

Should the PokeNav be a Pokegear with extra buttons, and additional interfaces or should it be completely redesigned?

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
you could call it a pokenav, but honestly I have no idea what it is, and i dont think I ever used it in game, maybe you could change the name of the pokegear and use different graphics, but aren't they all the same thing? all of these little gadgets and what-not? it would probably be a good idea to do that judging by the graphics you're using, but maybe you could create a bran new item all your own :O
good luck though! thats just my thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back